Associated Press: "Texas fires former QB Vince Young from part-time job"

9,410 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by McInnis80
Charlie 31
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

"Texas fires former QB Vince Young from part-time job"
By Jim Vertuno

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) Texas has fired former star quarterback Vince Young from his part-time role as a development officer for poor performance and often being absent from work or not in touch with his supervisors.

The move also comes after Young had a second drunken-driving arrest within three years on Feb. 4.
Young's March 1 firing letter says he was dismissed "for not demonstrating significant and sustained improvement in the performance of (his) job responsibilities and failing to maintain standards of conduct suitable and acceptable to the university." He has been given job warnings dating back to 2017.

The Associated Press obtained the letter and Young's personnel file through an open records request.
Young declined to comment Saturday. His file included several good performance reviews and a February letter from Young saying he'd done good work for the school building relationships with donors.

1 Edit = To Add Link to Story in the Title
Propane & Accessories
AG
I guess he better hope the Vince Young Steakhouse's new 10 dollar burger deal really takes off.
You're tearing me apart- Tommy Wiseau
Roadhouse
AG
Prepare for the public meltdown.
DifferenceMaker Ag
UncleJew15 said:

I guess he better hope the Vince Young Steakhouse's new 10 dollar burger deal really takes off.
While amusing, it's even funnier that he has 0% to do with that slop house. He probably couldn't even get a free meal there anymore. He received an endorsement check years ago, and he promptly blew it all on back taxes and his Cheesecake Factory tab.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Well bye
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
Eating booger's is an under appreciated skill.

Unfortunately you still have to show up at your workplace.
GrapevineAg
AG
Jeff Fisher really broke him.
LonghornDub
GrapevineAg said:

Jeff Fisher really broke him.
Didn't do Fisher much good. He hasn't coached in two years.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

Froppe
AG
How long 'til they hire him as Assistant Minister of Culture, and let him sit on the end of the bench at home football games? Oh, and for no pay, but con"Vince" the idiot that he got a raise. Throw in a brand new shopping cart for Radio, too!

No? Well, look for Jesse Jackson's private jet to land at ABIA, and out comes the race card! Who's popping the popcorn?
maxag42
Wow, he had one of the easiest jobs. Basically all he had to do was show up.
APHIS AG
Well, I guess he has finally worn out his welcome at the Forty Acres.

Now that Herman is there and that Georgia win is still fresh, they can replace the NC game with that one on the LHN.
astroboy
AG
He got fired from a 6 figure job HE JUST HAD TO SHOW UP AT! Jesus in Heaven how many times did he just skip work before they canned him? 25? 50?
decent looking Ag
Hard to believe that doofus is still alive. He's so dumb, I truly don't know how he remembers to breathe.
Your Friend
Stay strong, VY
Cuterebra
AG
Quote:

His file included several good performance reviews and a February letter from Young saying he'd done good work for the school building relationships with donors.

Any chance a kind TexAgs poster could provide a copy of this letter?
AgCat93
AG
"...not in touch with his superiors."

He's just not in touch. Period.
Clob94
Dude has a problem. Dude needs help. If he keeps going down this path the next time he wrecks his car it could be into a car full of kids. Nobody wants that. Get help dude.
Charlie 31
AG
HeyMoe
AG
Your Friend said:

Stay strong, VY
....or at least stay sober.
dixichkn
AG
The media is so quick to give JFF crap (and deservedly so) but has never failed to turn a blind eye toward this chump. Now that he's no longer on the taxpayer dime I seriously hope he takes a long look in the mirror and gets his act together. Because it sounds like he's every bit the walking time bomb that Johnny is. As mentioned earlier, he's lucky he hasn't killed or seriously hurt anybody yet. I wish the best for both those guys going forward.
Al Bula
AG
Even Johnny Manziel thinks VY is a complete idiot
AtlAg05
AG
astroboy said:

He got fired from a 6 figure job HE JUST HAD TO SHOW UP AT! Jesus in Heaven how many times did he just skip work before they canned him? 25? 50?

And apparently it was a part-time 6 figure job. Yikes.
Rick Dalton
AG
Where can I get a part-time six-figure job? I promise to actually show up and say hi to my boss.
usmcbrooks
HahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahaha

Deep breath

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
goodAg80
AG
Matt Hooper
AG
Dumb is forever.
APHIS AG
Charlie 31 said:

He thought himself more important than his "superiors".

I am Vince Young, dammit. Everyone has been bending over backwards, catering to me, doing my school work, picking up after me since forever. The police just do not understand, I AM VINCE YOUNG!!!!!

And I graduated Summa Cum Laude even though I did get a 6 on the NFL Wonderlic but I got to do it over and got a 14 out of 50!! Ima smart!!!!
TXAGBQ76
AG
Yeah but Fisher didn't blow $26M and get get fired from a six figure part time job where all he had to do was sit at a desk and sharpen pencils a couple of hours a day

I'm betting Fisher is just fine financially; Vince not so much
Grits
AG
This deserves at least one letter from cote
-OCHWFLAKASSBRTTEFE-
TXAGBQ76
AG
Sadly, he would have to be strong to stay strong.
goodAg80
AG
At least he has his Sausage
jokershady
AG
Your Friend said:

Stay strong, VY
okay....who's sock are you?
usmcbrooks
We need a new letter from Vints to Cote on this.
MSU/SECALUM
Froppe said:

How long 'til they hire him as Assistant Minister of Culture, and let him sit on the end of the bench at home football games? Oh, and for no pay, but con"Vince" the idiot that he got a raise. Throw in a brand new shopping cart for Radio, too!

No? Well, look for Jesse Jackson's private jet to land at ABIA, and out comes the race card! Who's popping the popcorn?
He'll probably get hired by a Ford dealership that's owned by a well known texas ex and be put in charge of distributing new pick ups to over ranked recruits.
MSU/SECALUM
astroboy said:

He's got a tu degree so he'll land on his feet probably running Dell or prepping others for the Wonderlic tests.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.