Upgrade the BXII

4,926 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Skull Session
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Iowa State AD once said "Without Texas and Oklahoma, we'd just be the Mountain West Conference."

It got me thinking. The other 8 schools think pretty low of themselves. If you had a chance to take non-P5 teams... who would upgrade the BXII?

UConn ($83M) is financially struggling, so they are not as attractive as one would think.

Revenue:
Rank School (Revenue)
#27 WVa ($110M) <- 3rd in BXII
#36 Kansas ($95M)
#40 Okie St ($91M)
#43 Tech ($89M)
#45 KState ($86M)
#50 Iowa State ($82M)
#56. UoH ($57M)

TCU and Baylor don't report. Neither does BYU.

I think you take BYU, UoH, Cinci (#54: $60M), #68 Boise St ($45M) and either UCF or USF and kick out Baylor, W Va, Tech, K-State and Iowa State.

I think you upgrade viewership and with a little more conference revenue, those teams will compete better than the 4 you kick out.

Thought on other school?
Roadhouse
AG
WGAS?
Artimus Gordon
They had a membership drive a couple of years ago. No one that was any good bothered to apply. Several teams that were looking for a free meal got kicked to the curb. So they stayed at 10. Not even worth discussing. It's like the thread, where do the sips land in the next expansion, over on shaggybevo a few years back. It was never ending!
Bottlehead90
AG
i think that the bdf teams could generate more money if they started a conference network

Oh wait
Nuke_Ag05
AG

Little 12 needs to Upgrayedd man...two "D's" for a double dose of little 12 pimpin.....
Rgr...out.
YouBet
AG
They already denied the two most high potential schools available as not good enough - UCF and USF.

The only upgrade path remaining for the Big12 is dissolution.
Stevetex.
Why upgrade?

With Texas on the Rise it's all the big 12 needs.

There is no reason to add any teams.
PPlayboy87
AG
Stevetex. said:

Why upgrade?

With Texas on the Rise(sic) it's all the big 12(sic) needs.

turboboost
AG
The WAC 2.0
MosesRAB-93
AG
Stevetex. said:

Why upgrade?

That's absolutely correct sir, everyone in your Plantation League would agree. The LHN has exceeded our wildest dreams, too. Y'all are even better at checkers than quidditch.
SchizoAg
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

I think you take BYU, UoH, Cinci (#54: $60M), #68 Boise St ($45M) and either UCF or USF and kick out Baylor, W Va, Tech, K-State and Iowa State.
The surest sign of a conference realignment n00b is saying that a conference should "kick out" members. Hasn't ever happened in history, and will never happen without some sort of huge, cancerous Bayloresque scandal to justify it.
DallasAg 94
SchizoAg said:

DallasAg 94 said:

The surest sign of a conference realignment n00b is saying that a conference should "kick out" members. Hasn't ever happened in history, and will never happen without some sort of huge, cancerous Bayloresque scandal to justify it.
I was doing conference realignment on TexAgs before you were even a rook.

I seem to recall the Sips proclaiming WVa and TCU were "upgrades."
TPS_Report
AG
Stevetex. said:

Why upgrade?

Welp, he's half right. There is no reason to add any teams because without a conference network or an escalator clause in their TV deal, the current conference members will lose money with any two teams added.

The Big12 needs more than a good t.u. squad. Conferences sell one thing and one thing only... competition. The weaker the competition, the weaker the conference and vice versa. The Big12 used to have 3 iconic teams and six teams with major markets and fanbases. t.u. ran one of the iconic teams off and four of the six teams with major markets and fanbases. Even when t.u. and OU are good, the conference will still suck because of a lack of competition across the board.

ntxVol
I think the BDF and PAC should loosely band together. Somehow, not sure exactly how but they should operate as 2 separate divisions of one "Super Conference", for lack of a better term. Main thing would be to have the two division champs meet for a championship game.

Both conferences need to trim themselves down to maybe 8 teams IMO. Will never happen but it would be better for those who survive "the cut" I think.
dmart90
AG
ntxVOL said:

I think the BDF and PAC should loosely band together. Somehow, not sure exactly how but they should operate as 2 separate divisions of one "Super Conference", for lack of a better term. Main thing would be to have the two division champs meet for a championship game.

Both conferences need to trim themselves down to maybe 8 teams IMO. Will never happen but it would be better for those who survive "the cut" I think.
Maybe the PAC can take the 4 best (or most influential in their state legislature) teams from the Big 12 and cast the others to the winds. I'm sure that model would be a great success!
Flexbone
TPS_Report said:

Stevetex. said:

Why upgrade?

Welp, he's half right. There is no reason to add any teams because a conference network or an escalator clause in their TV deal, the current conference members will lose money with any two teams added.

The Big12 needs more than a good t.u. squad. Conferences sell one thing and one thing only... competition. The weaker the competition, the weaker the conference and vice versa. The Big12 used to have 3 iconic teams and six teams with major markets and fanbases. t.u. ran one of the iconic teams off and four of the six teams with major markets and fanbases. Even when t.u. and OU are good, the conference will still suck because of a lack of competition across the board.

His post shows their mentality. "It's all the Big 12 NEEDS..". They aren't focused on THRIVING. They simply want to SURVIVE. Huge difference between that loser mindset and ours.
SchizoAg
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

SchizoAg said:

DallasAg 94 said:

I was doing conference realignment on TexAgs before you were even a rook.
Then why are you still making rookie mistakes? (For the record, this isn't my first TexAgs account. Anyone who has never been banned on this site has probably never said anything interesting.)

Quote:

I seem to recall the Sips proclaiming WVa and TCU were "upgrades."
How is that relevant?
Repeat the Line
lol. poors.
Agvet12
AG
Lol well there's this

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2019/2/26/18241573/big-12-pac-12-scheduling-agreement

Guess the BDF and pac12 finally realize their conferences suck
Skull Session
Excellent idea! That would keep the sips from crying on our doorstep. It's getting old having to kick them to the curb every morning.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.