Jimbo making Herman sweat..

11,847 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ME85
Mythotbetterthanyours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Siap

Tu just hired fedora. Going after Beaty as well

Both are good recruiters. Adding guys to staff for recruiting purposes.

Beaty has contract issues holding him up, but they are trying to work it out. Kinda hope it doesn't go through...

Can't post links but you can google it.
Propane & Accessories
AG
I have to tip my hat to the sips for signing Fedora.
You're tearing me apart- Tommy Wiseau
Ragoo
AG
Do the horns get to wear Fedoras to this year's pool party?
Joe Exotic
AG
Herman just got his head caved in on the Texas recruiting trail and Texas high school coaches loathe the him. Desperate times and all that...
Right Rigger
Bo Darville said:

Herman just got his head caved in on the Texas recruiting trail and Texas high school coaches loathe the him. Desperate times and all that...

I loathe him as well, but failing to see how he got his head caved in.
BronkNagurski
Right Rigger said:

Bo Darville said:

There have been a number of threads discussing the 2019 head-to-head recruiting results for Texas talent. Separate from the ratings inflation for 'miracles' like Hookfin, it appears A&M got 66%-75% of the top Texas talent when they were competing primarily versus Tessus.
Ragoo
AG
Right Rigger said:

Bo Darville said:

he signed how many kids from Texas? THE university of TEXAS and he brings in mostly kids from other states?

Makes sense for the brand.
Joe Exotic
AG
Right Rigger said:

Bo Darville said:

Jimbo signed 7 kids off the Texas top 20.
Herman signed 3 (one being laughable Tyler Owens).

Herman was sucking wind so badly in the state he was forced to look elsewhere.
BronkNagurski
Bo Darville said:

Right Rigger said:

Bo Darville said:

Jimbo signed 7 kids off the Texas top 20.
Herman signed 3 (one being laughable Tyler Owens).

Herman was sucking wind so badly in the state he was forced to look elsewhere.
I would take 1 look at Pee-Wee Herman and the Big 11 AM conference and RUN to the SEC.
Stevetex.
Herman is the Man.

Texas is getting the O-Line and D-line players you people said would never happen.

Keep pretending Herman can't recruit.
BohunkAg
AG
Stevetex. said:

Herman is the Man.

Texas is getting the O-Line and D-line players you people said would never happen.

I'm not pretending. Good luck with Fran.
BronkNagurski
Stevetex. said:

Herman is the Man.

Newsflash, your 4-loss 2018 campaign included losses to Maryland, Ok State, West Va, and Ok. Looking at the past 4 years of Tessus recruiting, per 247, your squad's aggregate commitments were rated #3, #25, #7 and #10 classes running backward thru time. And a 4-loss season is the crown jewel in the past 10 years of your program's existence, with the losses to the programs mentioned above?!?

#studs2duds
letmeinnow
AG
tu will always be able to recruit some good players. It could actually be Pee Wee Herman in charge of that **** show, and tu would still recruit some talent.
However, Fisher & Company are recruiting at a higher level at this point in time. Would you not agree with that?
I think you would also have to agree that Fisher has a better resume than Tommy baby at this point in time.
BohunkAg
AG
letmeinnow said:

However, Fisher & Company are recruiting at a higher level at this point in time. Would you not agree with that?
I think you would also have to agree that Fisher has a better resume than Tommy baby at this point in time.
I actually don't care what Texas fans "agree with." I'm happy with the path A&M is on, which is a totally separate path from Texas. They are in the sh-tty ass Big 12 and recruiting and playing on a totally different plain from us. It makes me happy. If dudes wanna go there and play against terrible competition to try to get to the NFL, then that's fine. I don't want those guys anyway.
AgGrad99
AG

Quote:

Joe Exotic
AG
Stevetex. said:

Herman is the Man.

I'm looking at your recruiting list and I see a bunch of spare oline and dline recruits. But good luck with that spare Hookfin or whatever 4 star you create next.
Wabs
AG
Stevetex. said:

Herman is the Man.

Ragoo
AG
Stevetex. said:

Herman is the Man.

when is he getting these kids?
petey88
Stevetex. said:

Herman is the Man.

stevo !!

little buddy Gilligan !!

how's it going ?

Need to work on the D dash line and the O dash line thing,....at least everything is spelled right. Good Job.
Seasoned Lifeguard
Stevetex. said:

Herman is the Man.

This!!!
BronkNagurski
Seasoned Lifeguard said:

Stevetex. said:

Herman is the Man.

This!!!
#Big11AM
#studs2duds
#Fridaynightsbringlargercrowds
goodAg80
AG
Herman is kicking ass and burning toast.

The man is a God and a Genius.

Shhhhhh, he's getting all the best recruits outside of Texas. No one is smart enough to try that except for him.

And, recruit ratings? He's graded so many eggs that he'll only scramble the best eggs.

I hope he lands that Pro job soon, 'cuz he's killing it at the college level.
Caesar4
AG
Stevetex. said:

Herman is the Man.
What about the accusations from the Ohio State assistant coach Zach Smith like these:
  • snorting cocaine off strippers?
  • questionable recruiting?
  • forcing/coercing wife into 3-way with stripper?

And kissing players. Ignoring players when encountered on campus. Weird/uncomfortable.

I haven't kept up. That seems like odd/disturbing/degenerate behavior. If I were a sip fan, this wouldn't make me assert that "Herman is the Man".
Kill Switch
I usually stay away from these threads because it's a waste of time and well I can't stand talking about other schools.

However, I'm off today, and this thread is stupid.

First off, Fedora is a hell of a recruiter as is Beaty, when our main instate rival picks up two ace recruiters like that, it's nothing to laugh off. We just lost our oline coach who was one of the best in the business, and we lost our ace recruiter who hasn't been replaced nor can he be. So don't act like Jimbo just crushed the skull of Herman.

Jimbo kicked Herman's ass last year, but last year is now over and Herman seems to have just stacked the deck in his favor.

I don't care about the recruiting bump the tu class got, that was still a solid class and one we would have been happy to have just a couple years ago. I'm very happy with our class, but their class was a good class so it shows more than anything that tu isn't going to just die off because we got Jimbo.

Apologies if I injected a little too much reality into this thread.
Flexbone
Seasoned Lifeguard said:

Stevetex. said:

Herman is the Man.

This!!!
So....you think...he might be getting...good OL and DL players? Who haven't signed or committed yet? Ok.

Let's say he does. It only took him 3 years. Jimbo did it immediately.

This idea that Tom Herman is in the same league as Jimbo Fisher is some of the biggest comedy I've ever seen on this board. Literally nobody in the country thinks that except morons like you.
Silent For Too Long
Oh boy. Jimbo, himself, is still light years ahead of Herman as a recruiter. We are comparing a coach with skins on the wall to a coach who cant beat Maryland. That doesn't mean the sips won't consistently get their top 10 classes, that they will over rate to top 5. This is still a 4 loss team and it will be quite evident quite early in the season, again, that Texas isnt back.

At that point recruiting will take care of itself. And Jimbo's new staff will be fine. He's been doing this for years at a high level. Stop being such a wet blanket ( or a sip pretending to be an ag, whatever).
AgGrad99
AG

Support staff cannot recruit.

AgGrad99
AG
They can help identify recruits, or break down tape during the season (of opponents, etc).

But they cannot recruit the players.

Thing is, last year, Tom didnt have a problem identifying the talent. He just struck out on most his first choices, in-state.

I'm sure Beaty and Fedora will help, and provide some good guidance. but they cannot make him stop being awkward and weird around recruits.
Your Friend
Beaty is on board
beastinBQ
AG
Yeah. They're analysts. They can't recruit.
Mythotbetterthanyours
Hermensa hasn't won a damn thing. tu can say whatever they want but Jimbo has a ring that says " i know what I'm doing". Vodka Tom has to say " trust me." Lol.

Recruits see through that. Jimbo will out-recruit Tommy boy right up until the day he's fired.

I honestly can't believe tu fans are happy with this guy. This year will set them back a little. They are thin and inexperienced. Losses to LSU, tcu, Oklahoma are almost assured. Lucky for them they don't play Maryland. Bwahahahahaha
Joe Exotic
AG
Your Friend said:

Beaty is on board

Who?
David_Puddy
AG
Your Friend said:

Beaty is on board

Congrats on hiring an Aggie retread from Sumlin's staff, you noodle armed idiot
Stevetex.
Caesar4 said:

Stevetex. said:

Herman is the Man.
What about the accusations from the Ohio State assistant coach Zach Smith like these:
  • snorting cocaine off strippers?
  • questionable recruiting?
  • forcing/coercing wife into 3-way with stripper?

And kissing players. Ignoring players when encountered on campus. Weird/uncomfortable.

I haven't kept up. That seems like odd/disturbing/degenerate behavior. If I were a sip fan, this wouldn't make me assert that "Herman is the Man".

Vs embarrassing his players on TV the way Tough Love did for all to see?
AgGrad99
AG
Know how I know you never played competitive sports?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.