I updated Wikipedia

10,818 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dixichkn
PosterFormallyKnownAsRojo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Your Friend said:

Texan1976 has got to be running low on bodybags. Absolute massacre
"Darrell K RoyalTexas Memorial Stadium (formerly War Memorial Stadium, Memorial Stadium, and Texas Memorial Stadium), located in Austin, Texas on the campus of the University of Texas at Austin, has been home to the Longhorns football team since 1924. The stadium has delivered a home field advantage with the team's home record through November 17, 2018 being 37411710 (76.4%).[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darrell_K_Royal%E2%80%93Texas_Memorial_Stadium#cite_note-texassports-5][5][/url] The current official stadium seating capacity of 100,119[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darrell_K_Royal%E2%80%93Texas_Memorial_Stadium#cite_note-texassports-5][5][/url] makes the stadium the largest in the Big 12 Conference, the second largest in the State of Texas (behind Texas A&M's Kyle Field), the eighth largest stadium in the United States, and the ninth largest stadium in the world."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darrell_K_Royal%E2%80%93Texas_Memorial_Stadium
Your Friend
Badass, man
AG
Texan1976 said:

Flexbone said:

Texan1976 said:

DrZ said:

50 years ago we still only had 13000 students. Sam sits at 24000.
But I get your point. Apples to oranges.
1973 starts the "modern" era. Scholarship limitations began. Sips gave out over 100 a year prior to that.

Miami and USC have small enrollments. And a lot of national titles.

A&M has one top 4 poll finish in its history. 80 years ago. You guys have just been mediocre to above average forever. You win 51 to 53 percent of your conference games. No matter the era. No matter the conference.

Yet we have a "Top 5" finish more recently than you. We've been better than you for a decade. We recruit better than you. We have better facilities and more money. We're better than you right now.

I find it hilarious that a team that's 16th in all time wins, out of 128 teams, is "mediocre." Texas hasn't dominated their own conference since the 1970's.

And yet no national titles for 80 years. And 20 years without a conference title.

And no you aren't recruiting better than us. We just signed two top three composite classes in a row. And are about to clean up 2020 as well.
Did those classes beat Maryland? When was the last time the sips won a Big 12 Title? Wasn't it in the last decade? Isn't there only one more year remaining in this decade -- and the Longhorns can't make it past Iowa State, Kansas State, Kansas, and Tceh (you know -- murderer's row in the Big 12)????

AG
Your Friend said:

Badass, man
Just how do you have four losing seasons in the Big 12 in the past decade? I mean -- that took some "talent", right?
Texan1976
So it is the position of the ags on this board that A&M has better athletics and academics than Texas?

Just want to get this straight.
Texan1976

Texan1976
Diploma mill strategy
redline248
AG
Talking to yourself on a non rivals board.
goodAg80
AG
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Texan1976 said:

We won a conference championship 3 years ago in BBall.
Flexbone
Texan1976 said:

So it is the position of the ags on this board that A&M has better athletics and academics than Texas?

Yes. That's why I'm younger than you and make a ****load more than you..while probably working less.

Our football program is better than yours, and would be favored to beat you right now.

Let's get THIS straight: you're AT LEAST 42 years old and you routinely pop your head in on an A&M site to try and talk smack when Texas isn't ****ty, which is rare. When they are ****ty, which is usually the case, you're nowhere to be found. You're also here trying to argue U.S. News ranking smack...when you've been out of college for two decades AT LEAST...despite the fact that the school you're talking said smack to has graduates that MAKE MORE MONEY THAN YOURS.

A&M is a better school. Period. For many reasons, but most of which is due to because it doesn't produce pathetic morons like you.

AG
Texan1976 said:

Yes. Better athletics.

Yes. Better academics.

Since 2010 (this decade) it is unequivocal that the Aggie football team is better than the sips:

t.u. - 2010 Decade Results (4 Losing Seasons):
2018: 10-4
2017: 7-6
2016: 5-7
2015: 5-7
2014: 6-7
2013: 8-5
2012: 9-4
2011: 8-5
2010: 5-7
Totals: 63-52

Aggies - 2010 Decade Results (No Losing Seasons):
2018: 9-4
2016: 8-5
2015: 8-5
2014: 8-5
2013: 9-4
2012: 11-2
2011: 7-6
2010: 9-4
Totals: 76-41

You see that? We won 13 more games than the sips, and lost 11 less. We did that playing conference teams like Alabama, Florida, LSU, Auburn, Tennessee for most of that period. That same period -- you were playing Tceh, Kansas State, Iowa State, Baylor.

As for academics, let me say this: the only thing sip graduates can add is fries to an order.
AG
Texan1976 said:

That's the only straight thing he can get.
Flexbone
PosterFormallyKnownAsRojo said:

Texan1976 said:

Yes. Better athletics.

Yes. Better academics.

Since 2010 (this decade) it is unequivocal that the Aggie football team is better than the sips:

Aggies - 2010 Decade Results (1 Losing Season):
2010: 6-7
Totals: 73-44

You see that? We won 10 more games than the sips, and lost 8 less. We did that playing conference teams like Alabama, Florida, LSU, Auburn, Tennessee for most of that period. That same period -- you were playing Tceh, Kansas State, Iowa State, Baylor.

As for academics, let me say this: the only thing sip graduates can add is fries to an order.

We were 9-4 in 2010.
AG
Flexbone said:

PosterFormallyKnownAsRojo said:

Texan1976 said:

Yes. Better athletics.

Yes. Better academics.

Aggies - 2010 Decade Results (No Losing Seasons):
2010: 9-4
Totals: 76-41

You see that? We won 13 more games than the sips, and lost 11 less. We did that playing conference teams like Alabama, Florida, LSU, Auburn, Tennessee for most of that period. That same period -- you were playing Tceh, Kansas State, Iowa State, Baylor.

We were 9-4 in 2010.

You are right. Corrected it.
Your Friend
Did you misspell "formerly" on purpose?
Roman Moronie
Scoreboard. Case
Texan1976
Old McDonald
Flexbone said:

Texan1976 said:

Yes. That's why I'm younger than you and make a ****load more than you..while probably working less.

Our football program is better than yours, and would be favored to beat you right now.

Let's get THIS straight: you're AT LEAST 42 years old and you routinely pop your head in on an A&M site to try and talk smack when Texas isn't ****ty, which is rare. When they are ****ty, which is usually the case, you're nowhere to be found. You're also here trying to argue U.S. News ranking smack...when you've been out of college for two decades AT LEAST...despite the fact that the school you're talking said smack to has graduates that MAKE MORE MONEY THAN YOURS.

A&M is a better school. Period. For many reasons, but most of which is due to because it doesn't produce pathetic morons like you.

imagine being so insecure about your school's educational quality that you resort to bragging about how much money you make. no one cares that your daddy handed you a six figure job at his middling energy company.
username checks out
up-n-aTm
AG
Look at these sip wannabe's. They're adorable!
Flexbone
tshirtmoron said:

Flexbone said:

Texan1976 said:

imagine being so insecure about your school's educational quality that you resort to bragging about how much money you make. no one cares that your daddy handed you a six figure job at his middling energy company.

Or, I started my own business, neither of my parents graduated high school, ever owned so much as a home, and have both been gone for 15 plus years.

Isn't the purpose of going to college to get an education? Isn't a big benefit to education the ability to make money? Or was the point to try and brag on internet message boards in your 40s about the on the field exploits of 18-22 year old kids from the projects who can barely read?
Old McDonald
Flexbone said:

tshirtmoron said:

Flexbone said:

Texan1976 said:

Or, I started my own business, neither of my parents graduated high school, ever owned so much as a home, and have both been gone for 15 plus years.

Isn't the purpose of going to college to get an education? Isn't a big benefit to education the ability to make money? Or was the point to try and brag on internet message boards in your 40s about the on the field exploits of 18-22 year old kids from the projects who can barely read?
yeah I think I'm gonna trust what US News and Forbes have to say about university rankings over a disgruntled internet stranger

but trolling aside, congrats on your success. i apologize for suggesting you didn't deserve it.
username checks out
Flexbone
tshirtmoron said:

Flexbone said:

tshirtmoron said:

Flexbone said:

Texan1976 said:

yeah I think I'm gonna trust what US News and Forbes have to say about university rankings over a disgruntled internet stranger

but trolling aside, congrats on your success. i apologize for suggesting you didn't deserve it.

Forbes says A&M graduates make more money. US news? Do you sleep with that to warm at night? A&M was ranked higher in that too when I went there. What do I get for that?
Old McDonald
Flexbone said:

tshirtmoron said:

Flexbone said:

tshirtmoron said:

Flexbone said:

Texan1976 said:

Forbes says A&M graduates make more money. US news? Do you sleep with that to warm at night? A&M was ranked higher in that too when I went there. What do I get for that?

that's nice, forbes also says texas is a better school. there's a lot more to how good a school is than how much money its graduates make. you know this.
username checks out
Flexbone
Of course there is. But unlike you, I don't take everything that someone tells me at face value and simply assume "well, they must know, they wrote an article about it!" An intelligent person would question the methodology, and the reasoning they give for assigning a school a higher "rank."

But again, I ask...what value does that have to you? Because it sounds like you simply believing it provides value to you, which speaks to you likely having insecurity issues to have the innate need for a third party to tell you that. So, what do you get out of that, if it isn't an innate need to feel superior? What tangible benefit do you get?

A&M is a fantastic academic school that has a network that's unmatched, which leads to incredible job opportunities. Texas doesn't have that connection with its students and alumni. It simply doesn't. I don't know a single Texas alum that would even try to disagree.

But let's assume for a second that those rankings are completely legit, and really and truly reflect the overall quality and value of one's education. There are 1,400 schools evaluated in the same category of A&M and Texas. There's a 17 spot difference in said ranking (U.S. News) out of 1,400 schools. That's statistically like arguing that a team ranked #8 is "better" than a team that's ranked 8.25 in a college football poll...and acting like it's not debatable.
AG
Your Friend said:

Did you misspell "formerly" on purpose?

Nope. I spelled "Formally" correct.

I am the poster formally known as Rojo.

AG
tshirtmoron said:

Flexbone said:

tshirtmoron said:

Flexbone said:

tshirtmoron said:

Flexbone said:

Texan1976 said:

that's nice, forbes also says texas is a better school. there's a lot more to how good a school is than how much money its graduates make. you know this.

Forbes reporting that A&M grads make more money is an objective fact.

Forbes reporting that t.u. is a better school is a subjective opinion.

Understand the difference?

dixichkn
AG
Texan1976 said:

Aww that's cute......mommy Bristol carrying the water for y'all again. Know what else was going on in the early 1900's when they started compiling these "relevant" stats? Silent movies. The model T. Teddy Roosevelt. Dub's formative years.

That really the best y'all can do? Pathetic. At least you guys might've actually beaten Maryland back then.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.