Hey sips, look who's on the playoff committee now

3,713 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Flexbone
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiehawg
AG
BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
It's going to be a salty one in Austin tonight
HoustonAg05
LatinAggie1997
AG
This will not be well received in Austin... unlike drinks at dirty happy hour and the restroom fellatio that follows.
BQ_90
AG
RC on a mobile would have been a better choice.
Al Bula
AG
The Today show is interviewing Surlyhorns poster Randolph Duke and his minions today about how they feel now that RC is on the CFP committee.

dixichkn
AG
Sounds good on the surface.......however RC strikes me as one of those good ol boys who misses the good ol days and doggone it, tu is just like a long lost brother to us and we oughta do right by them for the good of the state of Texas if given the opportunity........ am I wrong?
Maroon Dawn
AG
dixichkn said:

Sounds good on the surface.......however RC strikes me as one of those good ol boys who misses the good ol days and doggone it, tu is just like a long lost brother to us and we oughta do right by them for the good of the state of Texas if given the opportunity........ am I wrong?

Sadly you probably aren't

RC is a good man but he also represents that weak, little brother, "shucks we're just happy to be here and have a good fun game!" mentality that kept A&M down for so long
goodAg80
AG
If you have ever met RC, you'd know he had no love for the horns. He might try to be overly fair, but he won't be deferential.
BohunkAg
AG
goodAg80 said:

If you have ever met RC, you'd know he had no love for the horns. He might try to be overly fair, but he won't be deferential.
This is true.

RC knows what a f-cking we were getting. Don't forget, he was one of the original guys that was investigating a move to the SEC on our own until it got blocked by the State Legislature when the Big 12 was formed.
APHIS AG
dixichkn said:

RC learned his lessons well regarding the whorns for I am sure he remembers the score of his last game with them.

Also, RC was also straight up when it came to recruiting and trying to keep Texas kids in State. If a potential recruit decided not to go to A&M, RC would tell the kid to try to select a school in State unlike t.u. that would do the opposite.

If t.u. was not going to get that four star, they would rather see him go out of State.

Yes, t.u. taught RC well and I am sure he is prepared to repay them for their "kindness".
TPS_Report
AG
dixichkn said:

I'm pretty sure RC will be above-board and fair regardless of the school involved.
petey88

where are all the sips and tee shirt sips ?
aggiehawg
AG
petey88 said:

where are all the sips and tee shirt sips ?

Ironically, I was always a little concerned that Mack Brown would be invited to be on the CFP committee. But now he's back in coaching so no chance there for a few years.
dixichkn
AG
TPS_Report said:

dixichkn said:

I'm pretty sure RC will be above-board and fair regardless of the school involved.
As you would hope anyone affiliated with tu would be as well......however we all know that wouldn't be the case. Not by a longshot
petey88

today is a good day, may have to stroll down to the bar and have a beer or two
BohunkAg
AG
Also owner of the best Aggie polo of all time.

aggiehawg
AG
petey88 said:

Throw back one for me, will you?
petey88
aggiehawg said:

petey88 said:

Throw back one for me, will you?

always do,...
Grits
AG
goodAg80 said:

This. That man gave plenty of passionate speeches about BTHO tu on burn night, and heaven help those who incur his wrath.
-OCHWFLAKASSBRTTEFE-
Muy
AG
goodAg80 said:

Agreed.
Token
AG
goodAg80 said:

i knew him well for a few years. He definitely is a guy who supports the well being of Texas teams doing well
GarryowenAg
AG
I'm excited about GEN Odierno being on the committee as well.
huisachel
Maroon Dawn said:

dixichkn said:

RC is a good man but he also represents that weak, little brother, "shucks we're just happy to be here and have a good fun game!" mentality that kept A&M down for so long
I don't recall you being down that much for most of his tenure. I recall watching a few of your players prancing about on the Bevo emblem on the field at Memorial Stadium at the end of one victory.

But assuming you are right, what is it that is keeping you down now? Is Saban blowing the refs? Or paying people to come to Bama? Or is it because the media just loves the Tide so much? Please do tell.
petey88

that '94 Austin game was fun to watch,

sips in attendance were a bunch of *******s. I took two ladies, both Austin Residents, one an Aggie Doctor, the other a high tech supervisor (whorn fan), to the game. The only maroon worn was my hat,...

fans were throwing cups of ice, drinks at us. The old people seated behind us were calling the ladies ****s, etc....

I will never attend a game in that ****hole environment again.
Flexbone
huisachel said:

Maroon Dawn said:

dixichkn said:

I don't recall you being down that much for most of his tenure. I recall watching a few of your players prancing about on the Bevo emblem on the field at Memorial Stadium at the end of one victory.

But assuming you are right, what is it that is keeping you down now? Is Saban blowing the refs? Or paying people to come to Bama? Or is it because the media just loves the Tide so much? Please do tell.

I didn't realize we were "down" right now. What's keeping Texas down? They've been ****ty for a decade (they were mediocre this year) despite playing in a league where there's only one team with similar talent.

To answer your question, we play in the most talented division in the sport that currently has the greatest dynasty the sport has ever seen. There isn't a single year that we've been in the SEC West that a team from the Big 12 would have won it. You guys keep talking about upsetting Georgia in a bowl game they didn't give a **** about and 80% of the teams in their position have lost precisely because of that fact. It's a lot different when it's week to week with teams that are close to that talent level or better. Just compare the talent level on our schedule vs yours.
huisachel
Ok, but I am not among those who are touting Texas. Am not sold on Herman and they lose the left side of the O line and the most productive receiver. And have a running qb who thinks he is Earl Campbell and is going to get hurt. Etc

I do think you guys will make a run next season and may get to the finals.

Gig 'em, etc

I want somebody from this state to win it all again. You have the best chance
Flexbone
huisachel said:

Ok, but I am not among those who are touting Texas. Am not sold on Herman and they lose the left side of the O line and the most productive receiver. And have a running qb who thinks he is Earl Campbell and is going to get hurt. Etc

I do think you guys will make a run next season and may get to the finals.

Gig 'em, etc

I want somebody from this state to win it all again. You have the best chance

I'm surprised to see a Texas fan with that viewpoint. I agree. I don't think he's the guy. Can win big games, but also always loses games he has no business losing.

As for us, I don't think the schedule sets up well for us in 2019. 2020 and 2021 looks better, but it's a tough division.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.