Smart and Beard

3,370 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by WestTexasAg
happy days
How long do you want to ignore this user?
From wire service game article

Sensing their big chance was at hand, Red Raiders fans packed Texas' Frank Erwin Center by the thousands and their boisterous chants of "Dee-fense!" and cheers for Texas Tech rallies often often drowned out the home fans.

Comment I guess we know now why tu is shrinking the size of their facility by over 33 percent.

How long is tu going to allow this to continue? Tech fans enjoy your time with Beard because change is in the wind. Smart is a good coach, though. He will be fine. Not as well as Rick Barnes at Tennessee, but he will be fine. .
AggieBand2004
AG
Awesome thread
Andy Farmer
UT isn't taking Beard. His kids are in Midland and there is a reason he left UNLV for Tech...wants to be there.

Dream on mother****ers. Enjoy your ****ty Shaka investment.
tk for tu juan
So we have already reached the part of the off-season where people in this state act like they care about basketball.
happy days
Thanks Andy.

I recall Rick Barnes talking about having unlimited use of a private jet at tu. He would say this when describing the tu job as the best in the country. Then tu fired him. Very unfortunate.

Also, residences tend to migrate to Austin when tu wants an athlete or a coach. Not sure how works, but it does seem to happen.

I don't think the Midland connection would necessarily keep Beard out of Austin.

Also, where are the tu goal keepers? Tech punks your team and your home crowd in Austin and you don't have anything to say. Dismal.
Andy Farmer
happy days said:

Thanks Andy.

I recall Rick Barnes talking about having unlimited use of a private jet at tu. He would say this when describing the tu job as the best in the country. Then tu fired him. Very unfortunate.

Also, residences tend to migrate to Austin when tu wants an athlete or a coach. Not sure how works, but it does seem to happen.

I don't think the Midland connection would necessarily keep Beard out of Austin.

Also, where are the tu goal keepers? Tech punks your team and your home crowd in Austin and you don't have anything to say. Dismal.

I do think the Midland connection matters. It is more a fondness for west Texas than anything else. At least, thats what I have heard. Tech has paid Beard well, and would probably be able to keep up with UT to a degree. I guess UT could go ape**** and give Beard Krzyzewski type money and Tech might walk away but I doubt UT would do that. Besides, UT thinks the grass is always greener...see Shaka Smart/Barnes and various other examples. I personally would not want that kind of pressure if Tech pays well and I am having success.
MelvinUdall
Weird thread.
Artimus Gordon
Beard's Tech team has now lost 3 in a row. Have The wheels have come off the beard bandwagon?
Potcake
AG
ngayden
AG
WTF. WGAF about either?
WestTexasAg
AG
Artimus Gordon said:

Beard's Tech team has now lost 3 in a row. Have The wheels have come off the beard bandwagon?
Not a chance. Two wins in a row now, and looked damn good last night.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.