Explain this math

3,693 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 88jrt06
Clob94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/how-much-is-your-college-football-team-worth-11546875092

The stadium renovation cost $485 million and the total net worth of $541 million?

How is that possible? Math doesn't really check out.
HeyMoe
AG
When I joined TexAgs I was told there would be no math.
goodAg80
AG
HeyMoe said:

That's true here in the TexAgs study hall: Old Rivalries. No math.
Bottlehead90
AG
Just selective history from our tsip visitors
Caesar4
AG
Seems plausible to me but I haven't read the article (I don't subscribe to WSJ). Renovation definitely increased the value of my house, why not for a stadium?
Flexbone
The whole concept of "program net worth" and "program value" has been the dumbest thing ever since Texas fans started pounding their chests about it 15 years ago. Can you sell a program? No. Discussion over.
Jock 07
AG
Flexbone said:

The whole concept of "program net worth" and "program value" has been the dumbest thing ever since Texas fans started pounding their chests about it 15 years ago. Can you sell a program? No. Discussion over.
not to mention all of the redneck accounting that goes into their cooked books. funny how the most valuable program in the history of ever has to resort to charging coaches to eat in the DFAC and beg for money to build a tennis court.
ghollow
AG
Clob94 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/how-much-is-your-college-football-team-worth-11546875092

The stadium renovation cost $485 million and the total net worth of $541 million?

Show it to Randy Dook. He will come up with an answer for you. It may be total BS but he will have an answer
Clob94
Jock 07 said:

Flexbone said:

not to mention all of the redneck accounting that goes into their cooked books. funny how the most valuable program in the history of ever has to resort to charging coaches to eat in the DFAC and beg for money to build a tennis court.
Worst hire in the history of athletic directors. That giant choad on a stick was a carpetbagging catastrophe. All so our BOR could virtue signal after Patterson did what they knew he would do.

The day he was fired, when asked what Patterson was most proud of in his brief tenure as AD his response was "I am most proud of my two historic hire in football and basketball." Really? Really you ****ing pair of clownshoes? What's so historic about them, dip ***** The 16-21 record one of them had? **** Steve Patterson and **** whatever organization is stupid enough to hire his virtue signaling ass.
Synopsis
goodAg80 said:

HeyMoe said:

Either you're fairly antiquated like me or have a wonderful grasp on old terms. I haven't heard study hall used in ages. Of course my college days were ages ago!
Synopsis
Flexbone said:

Madman
AG
Clob94 said:

Jock 07 said:

Flexbone said:

Worst hire in the history of athletic directors. That giant choad on a stick was a carpetbagging catastrophe. All so our BOR could virtue signal after Patterson did what they knew he would do.

The day he was fired, when asked what Patterson was most proud of in his brief tenure as AD his response was "I am most proud of my two historic hire in football and basketball." Really? Really you ****ing pair of clownshoes? What's so historic about them, dip ***** The 16-21 record one of them had? **** Steve Patterson and **** whatever organization is stupid enough to hire his virtue signaling ass.
I have the Arizona Cardinals on hold for you.
Flexbone
Clob94 said:

Jock 07 said:

Flexbone said:

At least the football coach he hired wasn't a massive, total dbag.
Clob94
No just a feckless Movado wearing mini-punching bag disguised as a doormat.
goodAg80
AG
Clob94 said:

No just a feckless Movado wearing mini-punching bag disguised as a doormat.
Ragoo
AG
Flexbone said:

sip should liquidate that value and buy more dildos.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Clob94 said:

It's called debt
Clob94
ABATTBQ11 said:

Clob94 said:

It's called debt
Debt? I thought I read that the stadium rebuild was all financed by alumni donations? That can't go on the books as a debt.
dixichkn
AG
Synopsis said:

goodAg80 said:

HeyMoe said:

Either you're fairly antiquated like me or have a wonderful grasp on old terms. I haven't heard study hall used in ages. Of course my college days were ages ago!
This is what I commonly referred to as "the study hall"

SteveBott
AG
You are not very versed in AD financing. BOTH tu and A&M used bond financing to rebuild/expand their stadiums. Both run the repayments through the AD budget. Both rely heavily on future donations mainly from new suites built. You build mostly suites in your north zone and we added them to both the east and west sides.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/blog/money-makers/2013/07/texas-am-bond-sale-for-stadium.html

The CS hotels also dedicated some tax revenues to our pot of money.
SteveBott
AG
Also the students chipped in

https://www.theeagle.com/news/local/students-not-feeling-the-financial-pain-of-kyle-field-renovation/article_d9ad9d40-2c39-57e3-8fd4-1b0e37879a41.html
88jrt06
AG
Insiders say the tu purchase of 300 Houston swamp acres will likely bring about $100 million. (Ralph Bivins)

Which is pretty great because 3 years ago they stole it (before the rush) for only $200 million! Don't ever change, you money wizards! Even better: Former sip BOR member made the sale, got the windfall.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.