Forget Vet School, Tech can't afford this, either

7,133 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ABCDE
CanyonAg77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
After hearing all the grandiose plans for Tech's Amarillo Vet School, does anyone recall this?

https://today.ttu.edu/posts/2016/07/pantex
Quote:

July 11, 2016

The new Pantex Administrative Support Complex (ASC), to be built just south of the Pantex Plant, will be a 343,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility providing office space for up to 1,100 federal and contractor employees...
A portion of the new complex 16,000 square feet will be leased to Texas Tech with visions of optimizing the facility's utility and providing profound service in the national agenda. Texas Tech has been recognized for its commitment to national defense....

In September, Texas Tech and CNS agreed upon areas for collaboration efforts as well as the scope of potential future opportunities...
Gee, wonder whatever happened to that?

https://tees.tamu.edu/news/2018/11/30/texas-am-engineering-experiment-station-to-partner-with-pantex/

Quote:

November 30, 2018

Officials with The Texas A&M University System announced Thursday that the Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES) will help address critical needs in the nation's nuclear weapons stockpile by providing technical expertise, workforce development and training at the Pantex Plant, the nation's primary facility for the final assembly, dismantlement and maintenance of nuclear weapons...

Consolidated Nuclear Security, LLC (CNS), which manages and operates the plant, signed a memorandum of understanding with TEES, a state agency within The Texas A&M University System, in February. Then in April, the Texas A&M System Board of Regents authorized the engineering state agency to sublease up to 16,000 square feet of space at the newly opened John C. Drummond Center, located adjacent to the Pantex Plant.

"CNS approached TEES about the many opportunities for collaboration in research and training, education, professional development and joint program development at Pantex," said John Sharp, Texas A&M System Chancellor. "The partnership accelerates access for TEES to partner with U.S. Department of Energy employees and researchers housed inside the secured-areas of Pantex Plant."

Hmmmm. It appears to me that baby brother in Lubbock can't even afford to lease 16,000 square feet in Amarillo, yet they want a whole new Vet school there?

Guess which flag flies today outside the Drummond center, along with the National and State flags?

Your Friend
Bevel
CanyonAg77
AG
Your Friend said:

Bevel
That's really all you took from this?
Andy Farmer
CanyonAg77 said:

After hearing all the grandiose plans for Tech's Amarillo Vet School, does anyone recall this?

https://today.ttu.edu/posts/2016/07/pantex
Quote:

July 11, 2016

The new Pantex Administrative Support Complex (ASC), to be built just south of the Pantex Plant, will be a 343,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility providing office space for up to 1,100 federal and contractor employees...
A portion of the new complex 16,000 square feet will be leased to Texas Tech with visions of optimizing the facility's utility and providing profound service in the national agenda. Texas Tech has been recognized for its commitment to national defense....

In September, Texas Tech and CNS agreed upon areas for collaboration efforts as well as the scope of potential future opportunities...
Gee, wonder whatever happened to that?

https://tees.tamu.edu/news/2018/11/30/texas-am-engineering-experiment-station-to-partner-with-pantex/

Quote:

November 30, 2018

Officials with The Texas A&M University System announced Thursday that the Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES) will help address critical needs in the nation's nuclear weapons stockpile by providing technical expertise, workforce development and training at the Pantex Plant, the nation's primary facility for the final assembly, dismantlement and maintenance of nuclear weapons...

Consolidated Nuclear Security, LLC (CNS), which manages and operates the plant, signed a memorandum of understanding with TEES, a state agency within The Texas A&M University System, in February. Then in April, the Texas A&M System Board of Regents authorized the engineering state agency to sublease up to 16,000 square feet of space at the newly opened John C. Drummond Center, located adjacent to the Pantex Plant.

"CNS approached TEES about the many opportunities for collaboration in research and training, education, professional development and joint program development at Pantex," said John Sharp, Texas A&M System Chancellor. "The partnership accelerates access for TEES to partner with U.S. Department of Energy employees and researchers housed inside the secured-areas of Pantex Plant."

Hmmmm. It appears to me that baby brother in Lubbock can't even afford to lease 16,000 square feet in Amarillo, yet they want a whole new Vet school there?

Guess which flag flies today outside the Drummond center, along with the National and State flags?

Vet school is still coming.
CanyonAg77
AG
Riighhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttt........
ClassOf17
Andy Farmer said:

So is your mom dip

Merry Christmas
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

Serious question....you got gifted a fantastic opportunity to bolster your engineering school for a few million a year, along with opening jobs for grads in a prestigious setting.

Yet, you couldn't afford to fill office space equal to about 1/4 of a football field.

Yet you really think you can afford an entirely new college in a city 120 miles from your main campus?
Humorous Username
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

Serious question....you got gifted a fantastic opportunity to bolster your engineering school for a few million a year, along with opening jobs for grads in a prestigious setting.

Yet, you couldn't afford to fill office space equal to about 1/4 of a football field.

Yet you really think you can afford an entirely new college in a city 120 miles from your main campus?

Anything to spite the mean ol' Aggies.
foat wuth ag
AG
POOR tech
Andy Farmer
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

Yes, I do.
CanyonAg77
AG
Andy Farmer said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

Yes, I do.
Okay.

You can't afford a used Honda civic and you can afford a new Bugatti Veryon.

Makes perfect sense.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Details to come....
Andy Farmer
CanyonAg77 said:

Andy Farmer said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

Yes, I do.
Okay.

You can't afford a used Honda civic and you can afford a new Bugatti Veryon.

Makes perfect sense.

If I choose to pull funds from my house addition, yes. I don't know the particulars behind the scenes, and I doubt you do either. But I know that when a chancellor is put in place, partly for his commitment to getting vet school done, and the former mayor of Amarillo say this vet school is going to happen, I trust it will and they have an idea of where the operational funding will come from the first few years. I am sure some backdoor politics are occurring and since Sharp doesn't run politics in Texas, I am hoping those two leaders have been made assurances of funding by those who do run the political agenda.
Boots over Delaware
AG
That's great news! We already manage Los Alamos, makes sense to be involved with the Y-12 facility near Amarillo. Actually beat the sips head to head on the LANL contract.
Bucketrunner
Never interrupt them when they're making a huge mistake based on ego alone.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Riighhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttt........
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Does it concern anyone other than me that Tech wants control of all those nukes?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional sports advice.
CanyonAg77
AG
pepe the dog said:

Does it concern anyone other than me that Tech wants control of all those nukes?
Even if they had fulfilled their contract with Pantex, it would have been consultation and education. They wouldn't even be touching a live weapon.
ttu_85
CanyonAg77 said:

pepe the dog said:

Even if they had fulfilled their contract with Pantex, it would have been consultation and education. They wouldn't even be touching a live weapon.
Are you sure ? We have a thing for 3 stage designs. Great urban renewal system
Andy Farmer
Uh roh...Texas House initial budget proposal includes 17 mill for Tech vet school.
Ed Torian
Look how happy Anal Farmer is at the idea of Tech getting a vet school so he can somehow use that as "ammo" on an Aggie message board.
Paradise Ag
AG
Andy Farmer said:

Uh roh...Texas House initial budget proposal includes 17 mill for Tech vet school.

Wow dude, that's almost 1/4th of what we spent on our football weight room.

It's gonna be awesome.
Andy Farmer
Ed Torian said:

Look how happy Anal Farmer is at the idea of Tech getting a vet school so he can somehow use that as "ammo" on an Aggie message board.

Considering some of your brethern continue to think this won't happen? Yup. **** talkin for days.
SchizoAg
AG
Andy Farmer said:

Got a link to the actual text? Wondering exactly what kind of stupidity will result from this.
test sig
MooreTrucker
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Your Friend said:

Bevel
That's really all you took from this?
That is the standard first answer whenever a beveled logo appears on TexAgs.
A-A Ron
Obviously Andy didn't read the whole story about state funding...

http://www.newschannel10.com/2019/01/16/texas-house-senate-odds-tech-vet-school-funding/
Andy Farmer
Aaron4885 said:

http://www.newschannel10.com/2019/01/16/texas-house-senate-odds-tech-vet-school-funding/

Actually I did. One budget was from Monday, and I posted it Tuesday morning and other budget was proposed Tuesday.
A-A Ron
Andy Farmer said:

Aaron4885 said:

Actually I did. One budget was from Monday, and I posted it Tuesday morning and other budget was proposed Tuesday.
So one of those "Cart before the horse" situations then. Smart.
Flexbone
Andy Farmer said:

Ed Torian said:

Considering some of your brethern continue to think this won't happen? Yup. **** talkin for days.

Dude, nobody here ACTUALLY cares. The fact that you're so invested in this is hilarious. Why do you give a *****
Andy Farmer
Flexbone said:

Andy Farmer said:

Ed Torian said:

Dude, nobody here ACTUALLY cares. The fact that you're so invested in this is hilarious. Why do you give a *****

Considering the Vet thread gets updated by one of your own every time there is a status update...I would say someone cares.
Flexbone
Andy Farmer said:

Flexbone said:

Andy Farmer said:

Ed Torian said:

Considering the Vet thread gets updated by one of your own every time there is a status update...I would say someone cares.

But why do YOU care? IF this even happens, it's going to be operating on a shoe string budget. There are plenty of arguments that this is an efficient use of tax dollars considering that A&M already has the infrastructure, knowledge base, and financial backing to fill any such "need." The ONLY reason you care is because of this message board.
Andy Farmer
I care because it pisses off A&M leadership that another school dare step in their vet territory. And Tech appears to be doing just that. Makes me smile.
Ed Torian
Andy Farmer said:

I care because it pisses off A&M leadership that another school dare step in their vet territory. And Tech appears to be doing just that. Makes me smile.

Getting kicked out of Mays really made you bitter.
Andy Farmer
Ed Torian said:

Andy Farmer said:

Getting kicked out of Mays really made you bitter.

Still reeling.
Flexbone
Andy Farmer said:

So..are you saying it's wrong for a school to try and protect its "territory" Andy? If so, you MIGHT want to look into Tech's attempts, however unsuccessful, to block A&M getting a law school. In that case, it's because Tech was worried about A&M supplanting them. Sure enough, that only took 3 years.

In this case, A&M isn't worried about that.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.