Forget Vet School, Tech can't afford this, either

7,140 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ABCDE
Andy Farmer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Flexbone said:

Andy Farmer said:

I care because it pisses off A&M leadership that another school dare step in their vet territory. And Tech appears to be doing just that. Makes me smile.

So..are you saying it's wrong for a school to try and protect its "territory" Andy? If so, you MIGHT want to look into Tech's attempts, however unsuccessful, to block A&M getting a law school. In that case, it's because Tech was worried about A&M supplanting them. Sure enough, that only took 3 years.

In this case, A&M isn't worried about that.

They should be.
Flexbone
Andy Farmer said:

Flexbone said:

Andy Farmer said:

I care because it pisses off A&M leadership that another school dare step in their vet territory. And Tech appears to be doing just that. Makes me smile.

So..are you saying it's wrong for a school to try and protect its "territory" Andy? If so, you MIGHT want to look into Tech's attempts, however unsuccessful, to block A&M getting a law school. In that case, it's because Tech was worried about A&M supplanting them. Sure enough, that only took 3 years.

They should be.

Based on...Tech's history of besting A&M at...................?
Loyalty
AG
crickets..
Andy Farmer
Flexbone said:

Andy Farmer said:

Flexbone said:

Andy Farmer said:

They should be.

Not being dorks.
nu awlins ag
AG
Andy Farmer said:

Uh roh...Texas House initial budget proposal includes 17 mill for Tech vet school.
Dude, strip centers next to gas stations cost that much. I guess they'll locate it next to a cleaners and donut shop?
Flexbone
Andy Farmer said:

Flexbone said:

Andy Farmer said:

Flexbone said:

Andy Farmer said:

They should be.

Not being dorks.
Strange how all those "dorks" run circles around the "badasses" that come out of Tech.
yeshellyes
AG
tech has a law school?
ttu_85
Flexbone said:

Andy Farmer said:

Flexbone said:

Andy Farmer said:

They should be.

Ha do you really want to go there ? Lets talk football after all this is a football school.

You won the last 3 vs Tech while in the Big-12 after all the Leach crap went down. But....you lost 10 of 13 prior to that. 10 of 13 wow owned. That had to be difficult to take, mighty A&M spending a decade and a half as Tech's little *****. My kid was at TAMU then. I remember the glorious atmosphere, I could feel the hatred as I walked on campus in red and black. 2006 was my favorite.

And you only broke even during the SW conference years. But hey you won the first 11 or so when Tech was a startup in the '20's and '30. So in the modern era you have a losing football record to Texas Tech. And a losing record to the Longhorns. No wonder this board is insane.

Ya know maybe Tech can work the vet school thing the same way. New startup that gets kicked around early then goes on to help punch the high cost of vet care in the mouth. This is not a threat to TAMU and despite your goofy propaganda Tech is not a poor school and it will grow the vet school in stages and over time.

The consumer, 90% of which just want reasonable affordable vet care, wins and could care less where the vet went to school. This state has close 30 million people. Options and choices for consumers are great and a hall mark of a healthy vibrant capitalist system.
Ed Torian
^
|
pizzed.
Flexbone
ttu_85 said:

Flexbone said:

Andy Farmer said:

Flexbone said:

Andy Farmer said:

They should be.

Ha do you really want to go there ? Lets talk football after all this is a football school.

You won the last 3 vs Tech while in the Big-12 after all the Leach crap went down. But....you lost 10 of 13 prior to that. 10 of 13 wow owned. That had to be difficult to take, mighty A&M spending a decade and a half as Tech's little *****. My kid was at TAMU then. I remember the glorious atmosphere, I could feel the hatred as I walked on campus in red and black. 2006 was my favorite.

And you only broke even during the SW conference years. But hey you won the first 11 or so when Tech was a startup in the '20's and '30. So in the modern era you have a losing football record to Texas Tech. And a losing record to the Longhorns. No wonder this board is insane.

Ya know maybe Tech can work the vet school thing the same way. New startup that gets kicked around early then goes on to help punch the high cost of vet care in the mouth. This is not a threat to TAMU and despite your goofy propaganda Tech is not a poor school and it will grow the vet school in stages and over time.

The consumer, 90% of which just want reasonable affordable vet care, wins and could care less where the vet went to school. This state has close 30 million people. Options and choices for consumers are great and a hall mark of a healthy vibrant capitalist system.

Yes, we all know Tech had a nice run against us in football. Here's the problem: there are 12 games in a season, not 1. There are 100 plus years of history, not 13. Other than that head to head run, Tech isn't even close in any other metric.
petey88
ttu_85 said:

Flexbone said:

Andy Farmer said:

Flexbone said:

Andy Farmer said:

They should be.

living in the past don't mean doodly squat
Flexbone
Quote:

So in the modern era you have a losing football record to Texas Tech. And a losing record to the Longhorns. No wonder this board is insane.

Define "modern era." A&M has a winning record against Texas...and more conference titles...since 1975. That's 43 seasons.

And the whole thing is absurd. Tech doesn't have the resources to ever compete on a level that A&M can. Part of that is just luck, geography, etc. But look at facilities, $, the coaches that are hired, etc. A&M would never hire Matt Wells. He may turn out great, but the point is A&M can go get guys that Tech simply can't. Are you really that much in denial?
ttu_85
Flexbone said:

Quote:

So in the modern era you have a losing football record to Texas Tech. And a losing record to the Longhorns. No wonder this board is insane.

Define "modern era." A&M has a winning record against Texas...and more conference titles...since 1975. That's 43 seasons.

And the whole thing is absurd. Tech doesn't have the resources to ever compete on a level that A&M can. Part of that is just luck, geography, etc. But look at facilities, $, the coaches that are hired, etc. A&M would never hire Matt Wells. He may turn out great, but the point is A&M can go get guys that Tech simply can't. Are you really that much in denial?
I agree with this post. TAMU is a giant but then again so was Goliath.

I am not in denial at all.

This state has a pop approaching 30Mill we can handle 2 vet schools within 2 different university systems.
ttu_85
Ed Torian said:

^
|
pizzed.
Oh sorry forgot the smiley emoticon.

Better.
Flexbone
ttu_85 said:

Flexbone said:

Quote:

This state has a pop approaching 30Mill we can handle 2 vet schools within 2 different university systems.
"Can" doesn't mean "should." If the data shows that it's better for Texas taxpayers to have A&M handle it all, would you still support Tech having one?
ABCDE
Flexbone said:

ttu_85 said:

Flexbone said:

Quote:

"Can" doesn't mean "should." If the data shows that it's better for Texas taxpayers to have A&M handle it all, would you still support Tech having one?

Competition and a different perspective is always good. Have serious doubts though that Tech will get the funding this session as A&M has a lot of stroke in Austin.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.