Les Miles....to Kansas?

3,115 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Synopsis
schmellba99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just saw where Miles and lsu settled the final amount of his buyout today. LSU owed him $6.5MM, they settled at $1.5MM. That is a significant win for LSU, but it also opens Miles up to be available to coach again.

Cant imagine he would give up on $5MM if he didnt have something lined up, i know Kansas was interested in him.
45-70Ag
AG
I'd like to see Kansas be respectable. With Jeff long as ad, they've got a chance.
Aero95
AG
Miles was floated around here a few weeks ago...it might be a great gig for him.
YouBet
AG
He's going to love it there.

cr
According to a report from Sports Illustrated, former Oklahoma State and LSU head coach Les Miles is finalizing a long-rumored deal to take the vacancy at Kansas with an announcement coming as soon as this weekend.
Al Bula
AG
There will be at least one drunk moron that suggests Les Miles to Texas A&M early in either the UAB, LSU or bowl game on the football board.
usmcbrooks
It would be so awesome to see the sips lose to Kansas every year if this happens!
goodAg80
AG

Roadhouse
AG
annie88
AG
Went to the A&M Kansas football game in 2009. Really nice fans and a cute little town. And their stadium, although very, very small not horrible, recliners in the end zone. I think it'll be fun challenge for Les!

Good luck to him.
Wildmen03
AG
Roadhouse said:

gr8n8
AG
You were right!!
ESPN Just reported.

ESPN News Services
Les Miles has reached an agreement to become Kansas' next head football coach, with an official announcement planned for Sunday, sources confirmed to ESPN's Chris Low.

Sports Illustrated first reported that the deal was done.
Olsen
AG
SigAg6
AG
Well, I have a new favorite Big 12 team.
RGLAG85
AG
I just hope he can recruit well enough there to be a competitive thorn in everyone's side.
valvemonkey91
AG
gr8n8 said:

You were right!!
ESPN Just reported.

ESPN News Services
Les Miles has reached an agreement to become Kansas' next head football coach, with an official announcement planned for Sunday, sources confirmed to ESPN's Chris Low.

Sports Illustrated first reported that the deal was done.

How much money are those wheat farmers paying him?
Olsen
AG
South Platte
Awful hire. Everybody had a hunch that Jeff Long was a complete idiot. This removes all doubt.
GAC06
AG
How is that a bad hire?
45-70Ag
AG
South Platte said:

Awful hire. Everybody had a hunch that Jeff Long was a complete idiot. This removes all doubt.

For Kansas this is an incredible hire
MaterialAg
AG
South Platte said:

Yep.

Miles doesn't have the energy to do what it will take there. However, they are hoping he can get donors to buy some seats.

Beaty was doing a good job in an awful situation. Just ask Gary Patterson.
Actual Talking Thermos
GAC06 said:

How is that a bad hire?
Les' downfall at LSU was because of his caveman offense - basically recruit a bunch of huge athletic freaks and have them literally just shove the other team out of the way and run them over. When he couldn't win with pure brute force, he couldn't win at all. Kansas is not going to have a talent advantage any time soon. Kansas needs someone who can use cleverness and gimmickry to do more with less talent.
Synopsis
I think he'll be a decent coach there. He was pretty good at Ok State too, although I couldn't stand him while he was their coach. As for the"brute Force" theory, I don't think he employed that philosophy at Ok State because he simply couldn't. It'll be interesting regardless. I'm glad he's back in the game because he is an interesting fella. And just maybe he'll force other teams in the BDF to actually start playing DEFENSE, although I doubt it.
Synopsis
annie88 said:

Went to the A&M Kansas football game in 2009. Really nice fans and a cute little town. And their stadium, although very, very small not horrible, recliners in the end zone. I think it'll be fun challenge for Les!

Good luck to him.

Yep. Lawrence is actually a decent place. I almost went to school there.
45-70Ag
AG
He had a stud running back at ok state, can't remember his name. May have been a juco kid.
Synopsis
Irish_Man said:

He had a stud running back at ok state, can't remember his name. May have been a juco kid.

I don't remember either. For a middling school oSu sure had its share of great running backs. Can you IMAGINE having Barry Sanders AND Thurman Thomas in the backfield at the same time? They did for a year or two. Unbelievable.
Synopsis
Irish_Man said:

I'd like to see Kansas be respectable. With Jeff long as ad, they've got a chance.

I would too. They're good people, like those folks up in Nebraska. When OU and Nebraska were fierce rivals, I interacted with a lot of Nebraska fans and honestly, they are some of the best fans in college football.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.