Time to bend over Cyclone fans

7,402 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Your Friend
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now Iowastate.tv or whatever broadcasts of the game this year....suck it up and take the Longhorn Network fully in your corn filled anuses.

goodAg80
AG
Lick Horn's Nuts.
MROD92
goodAg80 said:

Lick Horn's Nuts.

They don't have any
Born Maroon
AG
Getting screwed like a ISU recruiting girl
McInnis80
The Horns love having partners who don't have a choice. ISU has no other options but the Big 12, so they have to take a game where they could be on national coverage but have it on glorified community access TV
agent-maroon
AG
Anybody with a choice will demand equal terms (and get them) or they tell sip to pound sand.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
APHIS AG
And remember, they offered us to be partnered with them on the LHN at 2/3 and 1/3 split of the money with them having full control.

How "generous" of them. No one can say that t.u. does not "take care" of their conference members.
ABATTBQ87
AG
A matchup of top 25 BDF teams on the equivilant of pay per view tv.
Artimus Gordon
Like we need another reason to be away from those dirty rotten bass turds! Poor Iowa State, getting the short end of the TV stick while getting goosed by the horn referees during the game. Prepare your anus cyclone fans!
Wildcat
AG
I guess ISU doesn't have the clout that TBAT did when they told them to pound sand.

Seriously. How do you agree to let your game be televised on a network solely devoted to covering your opponent?

Tom Hagen
AG
I thought this thread was going to be about what Iowa State should expect from the officials this Saturday. Who does the BDF want to stay in the conference title race: Iowa State or the sips?
BohunkAg
AG
Tom Hagen said:

I thought this thread was going to be about what Iowa State should expect from the officials this Saturday. Who does the BDF want to stay in the conference title race: Iowa State or the sips?
Oh I'm sure Fist Pump Van Vark and his merry band of idiots will be the officials this Saturday.
South Platte
Tough deal. That game really needs to be moved to a station people actually have access to.

Iowa State wins this one and probably ends up winning the conference.
Stevetex.
&MaxH=500&MaxW=900
CoachLB
I saw the sip at espn who pushed this network on them on TV a couple of weeks ago. Even with the loss of millions of dollars she still refuses to even think of turning the LHN into a conference network. She said she could watch the USC-Texas championship game every day. Just like the school she went to, the other conference members mean nothing to her.
Furlock Bones
AG
McInnis80 said:

The Horns love having partners who don't have a choice. ISU has no other options but the Big 12, so they have to take a game where they could be on national coverage but have it on glorified community access TV

Yep. They are the ultimate I'm taking my ball and going home organization.
Rascal
AG
It is actually a serious problem for folks living in Iowa to get Longhorn Network, b/c although it is available nationally I think on Dish and DirecTV, I don't think it is on any of the basic cable package tier offerings. I think it is on at least the highest or second to highest tiers which are the more expensive tiers. And you cannot stream it unless you pay for those TV video package tiers.

And, not many older folks have a PlayStation Vue subscription or are not going to get one just to watch this game.
Wildcat
AG
With the national appeal of that game, I suspect the limited availability in Iowa will reduce viewership by 20-30%; that's something like 3500 sets of eyes.

whoop91
AG
CoachLB said:

I saw the sip at espn who pushed this network on them on TV a couple of weeks ago. Even with the loss of millions of dollars she still refuses to even think of turning the LHN into a conference network. She said she could watch the USC-Texas championship game every day. Just like the school she went to, the other conference members mean nothing to her.
Why would ESPN want to think of making a conference network? The only way would be if they could make more money. I suppose that they don't think they can - which speaks highly of the marketability of the big xii. At the same time they don't want to lose the regional coverage to go to FOX. Though I am not sure how this all works because of this Fox Coverage Map.

Possibly ESPN needed a loss leader and paying the Longhorns was the best solution. Costs less than a conference network and prevents FOX for making one.
CoachLB
Maybe with 10 teams they would have enough content so they could stop showing fashion shows and re-runs of the same games over and over. And maybe more viewers from the 9 extra teams. But a conference network really wasn't the point i was making. It is that the ESPN sip network college football head is more concerned with promoting Texas than making money. And ESPN should not be in the business of pushing one team.
vin1041
AG
And then there's the refs!
Hehateme1
Everybody who could leave that crappy conference has left.

I wonder why ?
Scruffy
AG
Rascal said:

It is actually a serious problem for folks living in Iowa to get Longhorn Network, b/c although it is available nationally I think on Dish and DirecTV, I don't think it is on any of the basic cable package tier offerings. I think it is on at least the highest or second to highest tiers which are the more expensive tiers. And you cannot stream it unless you pay for those TV video package tiers.

And, not many older folks have a PlayStation Vue subscription or are not going to get one just to watch this game.

I know my Chicago cable provider (RCN) offers the SEC network for extra $, but I don't recall seeing the whorn network offered at all.
Stevetex.
In Iowa if they can't get the Longhorn Network then they can't get the SEC network. It's available, they just have to pay extra for cable.
CoachLB
Steve is right. ESPN piggybacked it on the SEC Network when it was not selling on its own.
Scruffy
AG
Just looked again.
lhn isn't offered by my provider:
https://www.rcn.com/chicago/digital-cable-tv/channel-lineups/
(Removed:11023A)
AG
I remember when we moved to SoCal in 1984 and we were able to watch the main tv network for Chicago on our cable, are you telling me that in 2018 with hundreds of national and international channels available pretty much everywhere people in Chicago do not get the mighty LHN......bwahahaha!! We Texass
Iowaggie
AG
This isn't a great week of games as a whole lot of teams must be going light in prep for rivalry type games over Thanksgiving.

This would have really been a good game (this week) to broadcast on a real network.

There are 3 games involving both teams ranked in top 25.

One is televised on ABC, another on NBC, and the 3rd on the LHN.
Besides one of these things is not like the others, it is like ESPN is trying to cut off its nose to spite its face.
Iowaggie
AG
Stevetex. said:

In Iowa if they can't get the Longhorn Network then they can't get the SEC network. It's available, they just have to pay extra for cable.

My guess is a whole lot of people will just go to bars or restaurants and not order it.
A whole lot of Busch Light will be sold this weekend.
All_In_Ags
And this is exactly what the sips will push for if we ever agree to play them again.

Stay away from those corrupt cheaters.
The Agly Duckling
goodAg80 said:

Lick Horn's Nuts.
Think about how bad it sucks to be in ISU's position.

Get screwed by having your game on the LHN, get screwed out of a rightful win by the officials like they did in Austin a few years ago, and then, in a few years, the sips leave the Big 12 and ISU is one of the schools that won't get into a major conference.

Conf. USA? MAC? Big East? Sunbelt?

Damn, it must be a bitter pill for BDF schools like Iowa State right now, and, sadly, going forward.

Just, Effing, Sucks.
The Agly Duckling
Wildcat said:

I guess ISU doesn't have the clout that TBAT did when they told them to pound sand.

Seriously. How do you agree to let your game be televised on a network solely devoted to covering your opponent?

Texas Tech told the sips to not put the game on LHN, and the sips didn't budge. Tech then said they would forfeit the game if it were on LHN, and after a while, the sips changed their minds and allowed it to be on some other channel.

Perhaps ISU didn't want to give the sips a forfeit like Tech was willing to. If so, that totally blows.

Basically, it would be bullying ISU into allowing the game to be in LHN.

I want the full story, here.
Jack Squat 83
AG
How does that even work that the sips tell other teams they have to be on cow tv?
Born Maroon
AG
McInnis80 said:

THE BEARS love having partners who don't have a choice.

fIFY
dixichkn
AG
Sully Penny said:

Wildcat said:

Texas Tech told the sips to not put the game on LHN, and the sips didn't budge. Tech then said they would forfeit the game if it were on LHN, and after a while, the sips changed their minds and allowed it to be on some other channel.

Perhaps ISU didn't want to give the sips a forfeit like Tech was willing to. If so, that totally blows.

Basically, it would be bullying ISU into allowing the game to be in LHN.

I want the full story, here.
And right there was where I regained at least a modicum of respect for tcehtard
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.