Advantage Frogs On A Wet Field?

2,882 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Squadron7
switzerland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With more rain predicted in Austin for the next few days I started wondering which team would have an advantage if the field were to be soaked by Mother Nature. I seem to remember a game a few years ago where we may have had a leaking sprinkler head and the field was damp and some of you good Ags thought we gained a competitive break leading to a glorious victory. Could the same thing happen Saturday and some of TCU's speed be negated if we had a muddy track? Sadly, I think our only chance would be if we played them in a swimming pool.

Don't get me wrong...I am thrilled we beat USC. A bad team with a good name. They may be the only team we play this year that I wouldn't straight up trade coaching staffs. How the hell can a program with that history in a fertile recruiting area ever fall to such depths? Oh hell...never mind.

TCU. What has happened that this is not penned in as an automatic W when looking at the schedule before the season starts? For most of my life I have never thought about winning or losing this game, just how much do we win by. Now for the last few years I have had to hope they don't blow us out and we keep it respectable. Pretty sure the last four years the combined score has been 592 - 11. The only way I will watch this game Saturday will be if there is a revised version of the Clockwork Orange and I am the guy strapped in a chair with my eyes forced open so that I am forced to view the entire violent, humiliating ordeal. The only good thing will be we are so far behind that I won't get upset by a last minute interception costing us the game. Playing in 3" of mud should keep the score down. TCU 83 Texas 9.

Good luck to the Ags this week as well.
BlazingSaddles
As always, good stuff here.
Potcake
AG
Plastic grass doesn't grow in mud.
switzerland
Artistic license on the field! Don't mess with a good story!
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Actually Switz regarding this "How the hell can a program with that history in a fertile recruiting area ever fall to such depths?"
your school tells USC to hold my beer.
Agsuffering@bulaw
USC has a fixation on hiring HCs with major ties to the program.

Helton had been a longtime assistant. His steadiness was probably welcome after the drama with Joey Freshwater and Sark the Tank.
goodAg80
AG
Fear the purple Toad

Art96
AG
Frogs are born to water. Looking forward to the beat down.
goodAg80
AG

Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

Actually Switz regarding this "How the hell can a program with that history in a fertile recruiting area ever fall to such depths?"

Man... nothing gets past you!
BVAg85
AG
Wet shouldn't help horned frogs. They live in hot, dry places. Let's hope those from TCU are the elusive wetlands horn toad.
AgEng06
AG
Great Beard of Zeus said:

AgOutsideAustin said:

No ****
Ragoo
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

thats the joke
91_Aggie
AG
Can you imagine being this AgOutsideAustin guy and reading switz's posts and just "not getting it"... geez.
TexAg1987
switzerland said:

Sadly, I think our only chance would be if we played them in a swimming pool.

Your team practices in a pool more than most.

Y'all wearing the Swan unis?

https://247sports.com/college/texas/ContentGallery/Best-moments-from-Texas-Longhorns-football-Heat-Wave-pool-party-with-Tom-Herman-53226169/#53226169_6
SidetrackAg
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

GrapevineAg
AG
Good stuff as always!

And, I'm going to start using the phrase "Clockwork Orange" whenever the sip propaganda machine regularly regurgitates things like "Texas is back", "Texas is young", "bring back the A&M/Texas game".
End Of Message
AG
Reading a Switz post on a Friday at scholzs beer garten (steps away from DKR) is the best
Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.
David_Puddy
AG
The t-shirt horns on this website ABSOLUTELY HATE the OP.
screw-tu
Great Beard of Zeus said:

AgOutsideAustin said:

Nor the 5 who blue starred his post
Matsui
AG
Best part of the week!
bdb85
AG
Always enjoy your posts, sir! Thank you!
Synopsis
I love reading your posts.
Synopsis
Switz, you should publish a small book with your collective thoughts on the topic. The title would need to be catchy, but I have little doubt you'd come up with something good.

Your satire would be catchy bud. And I'm halfway serious.
William K. Klingaman
The only thing interesting about this game is the sip chicks wearing chaps in the rain. #objectify
Squadron7
AG
One thing I do know about frogs. When it is wet, expect more audibles.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.