BDF rebranding 1 true champion.

6,320 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MyComputerCareer
WC94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
"In the Big 12, our champion is determined by who we play" (Kansas, Tech, Iowa State, Baylor, etc..)
"Not by who we don't play" (Real teams)

"The only conference where every team plays everyone" (nobody remains after t.u. ran off 4 teams)
"A conference with no Divisions" (see above)

"Guarantees the top 2 teams play annually in our championship game" (SEC plays top two for the Natty)

"And the most challenging road to the college football playoff" (LMAO, Kyler took one look at the size of the SEC players and said nope!)
Iowaggie
AG
To be fair, the only other ideas I can think of for them is "We're kinda better than the AAC....most years..."

No Bat Soup For You
AG
Iowaggie said:

To be fair, the only other ideas I can think of for them is "We're kinda better than the AAC....some years..."

Fify
Maroon Dawn
AG
Wait...they don't get to duck Kansas? Or Baylor?? Or Iowa State??? Or Texas Tech???? Or....well everyone not named Oklahoma basically?

How can the NCAA in good conscience let this happen? It's simply not fair to the players to HAVE to play the team that almost beat Maryland every year!
goodAg80
AG
Big 12 must have crushed it in the playoffs last year.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
"And the most challenging road to the college football playoff."

Considering their record, this is actually the most truthful statement they make.
Bigballin
AG
Yeah, that commercial is pretty ghey
WC94
AG
I forgot how their first roll out of that marketing campaign ended. Who remembers?
M.D.
OP
owenfieldreams
A conference you managed to win one time while otherwise maintaining your long tradition of mediocraty. That SEC logo on your Jersey is like slapping a Mercedes hood ornament on a Yugo. It's a shame Kyler Murray didn't come to OU out of high school. He wasted his early career in a lousy program being coached by lousy coaches. Hell our 4th string QB, Tanner Mordicai, is better than Monds. BOOMER!
aggiehawg
AG
owenfieldreams said:

A conference you managed to win one time while otherwise maintaining your long tradition of mediocraty. That SEC logo on your Jersey is like slapping a Mercedes hood ornament on a Yugo. It's a shame Kyler Murray didn't come to OU out of high school. He wasted his early career in a lousy program being coached by lousy coaches. Hell our 4th string QB, Tanner Mordicai, is better than Monds. BOOMER!
So you want to stay in the Big XII, right? Get much lesser money than other conferences? Because the Big XII logo is just the "Yugo" conference to begin with.

Sooners were invited in 2010 and 2011. Too scared both times. Missouri took your spot in 2011.

As for Kyler, he was made for a Lincoln Riley offense in the defense-is-optional Big XII. Good luck with that if OU even makes the playoffs and get humiliated....again.
stick93
AG
owenfieldreams said:

This is my favorite poster on OR. He doesn't post often but his hit rate on walking away with custard all over his face is 100%
AnScAggie
AG
I love when Big12 fans come on OR gloating and thumping their chests. When you play in a conference with the lowest number of drafted players of any in the P5 for quite a few years I guess you've got to grasp at straws. One of their teams played in the prime time game of the week and chose to showcase the quality of the conference by running a kickoff play seen most commonly in Pop Warner and middle school games. My son plays college football and when we talked earlier today he said he and some teammates where talking about the play at their meeting and the consensus was how bush league and embarrassed they were for TCU.
Your Friend
AnScAggie said:

I love when Big12 fans come on OR gloating and thumping their chests. When you play in a conference with the lowest number of drafted players of any in the P5 for quite a few years I guess you've got to grasp at straws. One of their teams played in the prime time game of the week and chose to showcase the quality of the conference by running a kickoff play seen most commonly in Pop Warner and middle school games. My son plays college football and when we talked earlier today he said he and some teammates where talking about the play at their meeting and the consensus was how bush league and embarrassed they were for TCU.

Reallly? Because multiple nfl teams have run the exact same play
BVAg85
AG
Your Friend said:

AnScAggie said:

Well, they sure didn't do it with players from the big 12.
AlaskanAg99
AG
If the big dumpster fire were a car:

Making the best with only 3 wheels.

aTm '99
MyComputerCareer
owenfieldreams said:

And here comes the local trailer trash fluffing the BDF. Kylers the same kid he was 2+ years ago. Was on full display this weekend crying for a flag after any ISU contact. No doubt Sumlin mismanaged his QB room. That among other negligence cost him his job. But make no mistake, Kyler Murray was done in the SEC as soon as AU took him out. Same will happen again if the Sooners are lucky enough to face an elite defense. Doubt he gets that opportunity though
Bottlehead90
AG
owenfieldreams said:

Remember when y'all begged the PAC12 to take you and they laughed.
GSPag`
OwenField, just curious, where do you see your college going if the B12 fails??

I am just wondering if there is any place for you guys. Great football tradition, I get that. But where are you going to land? Please let us know your thoughts.
Reno Hightower
GSPag` said:

OwenField, just curious, where do you see your college going if the B12 fails??

I am just wondering if there is any place for you guys. Great football tradition, I get that. But where are you going to land? Please let us know your thoughts.

Wherever 'sip tells them to land.
Ag83
AG
Bottlehead90 said:

owenfieldreams said:

Remember when y'all begged the PAC12 to take you and they laughed.
They're a wallflower.
RGLAG85
AG
owenfieldreams said:

Scoreboard dumbass...... scoreboard!
AnScAggie
AG
Yes, Not My Friend, my son said that. And considering his team plays tOSU in a couple of weeks and despise everything about them, it wasn't because of any conference loyalty.
WC94
AG
Kryler was shown the door by his teammates. He is a primadonna and would have made an excellent WR if he was tall enough.

Can't have that personality as the leader of the team. It will be quite clear when things don't go as planned.
ABATTBQ11
AG
owenfieldreams said:

Meth is a helluva drug...
91_Aggie
AG
Every year, the BDF has to try to gold plate the turd of a conference they have with Propaganda commercials that would embarrass the Iraqi Information Minister from the Gulf War.

No one believes it except for the dumbest, most backward fans of teams in that conference (and I'm looking at Baylor,, tard, and sip fans here).
nu awlins ag
AG
owenfieldreams said:

I can promise you my 9 year old is taller than kyler. I didn't realize how short he was. He would have never lasted in the SEC, so he did make the best decision for himself. I'm really sure your 4th string is better than Mond....dude you just gave away your age and I had you pegged for about 15 or 16.
10Aggie10
AG
the last time we played the Bdf champs, it went about as well for Oklahoma as this post went for you
annie88
AG
I wish I knew who ran this account because is amusing. Many people seem to think it's really him.

CoachLB
Haha! Remember the the last time OU and A&M played? It was a laugher!! By the way. Kyler played one play against Georgia. He took a pitch and went right back to his SEC game plan and ran directly to the sideline, out of bounds, took his helmet off and never left the bench again.
owenfieldreams
"Scoreboard"...really, you want to go there? Murray has fit right in at OU. No helicopter dad, no primmadonna attitude. Has he changed or is it the culture he is now in? OU is not about the conference, it's about OU. Revenue...we rank 6th in value/revenue. Not bad for a state school with half the student body and a very small alumni base compared to A&M or UT and in a state with slightly over 1/2 the pop of metro Houston. As to the landing place ...when the current GOR expires my guess is the Big 10 west. I am torn between this and the SEC. As far as my occasional posts are concerned...I just try and get you guys to quit talking conference and talk Aggie football. I think you may have found your man...its about time. Unfortunately, UT may still be wandering in the wilderness.
BQ_90
AG
owenfieldreams said:

"Scoreboard"...really, you want to go there? Murray has fit right in at OU. No helicopter dad, no primmadonna attitude. Has he changed or is it the culture he is now in? OU is not about the conference, it's about OU. Revenue...we rank 6th in value/revenue. Not bad for a state school with half the student body and a very small alumni base compared to A&M or UT and in a state with slightly over 1/2 the pop of metro Houston. As to the landing place ...when the current GOR expires my guess is the Big 10 west. I am torn between this and the SEC. As far as my occasional posts are concerned...I just try and get you guys to quit talking conference and talk Aggie football. I think you may have found your man...its about time. Unfortunately, UT may still be wandering in the wilderness.
So if you just want to talk football, why did you coach cry like a baby about the SEC all offseason, why is the SEC discussed at all during your conferences media days. The B12 is never discussed in SEC media days.
MaterialAg
AG
straight outta Waco

They're never gonna get it either
David_Puddy
AG
Your Friend said:

AnScAggie said:

The only time NFL teams run that play is when they're down by less than a score and there is probably less than 10 seconds left. No NFL teams run that in the middle of a game, you noodle armed goof.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Kryler is a little punk perfect for a 7-on-7 league. He was smart to stick with Baseball. He cannot take SEC pain.

Some SEC team will snap him in half if you make the playoff.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.