Bet the house

8,438 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by wbt5845
AgOutsideAustin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CoachLB said:

Your Friend said:

Texas wins this one, Ags. And it will be a turning point for the program.
Haha! That shows the state of the Horns program. A win over a really bad USC team that has a high school kid at QB will turn the program around! Texas and USC are like a couple of 70 year old former Miss Americas walking around in their old evening gowns wearing their crowns thinking they are still the hottest girls at the party!

They should call it The DeLorean Bowl !
RK
AG
texas will win this one. and they will think it is a turning point for the program. which will be awesome.
Tom Hagen
AG
CoachLB said:

Your Friend said:

Texas wins this one, Ags. And it will be a turning point for the program.
Haha! That shows the state of the Horns program. A win over a really bad USC team that has a high school kid at QB will turn the program around! Texas and USC are like a couple of 70 year old former Miss Americas walking around in their old evening gowns wearing their crowns thinking they are still the hottest girls at the party!
I bet Bohunk would bang both of them.
Caesar4
AG
Nevermind, that was beneath me.
TXAGBQ76
AG
my friend always delivers the laughs.

a pillow fight- er game between two average teams at best (with apologies to the real average teams for insulting them) is a turning point in the program? nice to see how low the dips expectations have become.
LOYAL AG
AG
hbkyle said:

I hope the horns win. They need to win just enough games so that Herman can keep his job. A win over USCw would stroke their arrogant egos, and we know how important that is for them.
Wrong. Herman isn't the reason they are so bad and him getting fired isn't going to open the door to their savior. They are extremely far off course right now. The better long term play would be for them to suck so bad that Herman gets fired after 2018 or 2019. If they fire him after 2-3 years when they fired Charlie after 3 they will have no hope of hiring a proven winner. I'm not convinced they can do that as long as they're in the Big 12 ET anyway but no coach with a P5 track record is going to come knowing he'll be on the hot seat after 15 games. They are at the point of a long term rebuild but they don't understand that.
dixichkn
AG
ESiPN has been dying for a chance to pump up their $300M money pit.......what better opportunity than a win against a "national power" (laugh/cry emoji) and yet another "they're back" moment?

I expect one of those JTaylor specials in this one too.
wbt5845
AG
I don't know why anyone thinks Texas has a shot in this game. PAC-12 refs in this game, boys.

So far - Texas lost on the road to a BAD Maryland team and struggled at home against a WORSE Tulsa team.

Meanwhile, USC beat an average UNLV team at home (ok it took coming alive in the 4th quarter to do it) and lost 17-3 to Top 10 Stanford team on the road.

If you're getting points AND USC, take it and run. This looks like one of the biggest slam dunks of the weekend.
Caesar4
AG
USC is very depleted. fish QB. Best WR is also a fish, I think. Sips *should* win. But, between a wet kleenex and a gentle breeze....not sure of the outcome.
David_Puddy
AG
Texas will be "back" for a week after they beat USC. Then next week Gary is gonna waddle into Austin in his 40x30 Wrangler khakis & New Balance shoes, pry open a 55 gallon drum of KY jelly, dip both of his arms in it, then violently alternate arms while fisting Tom at midfield as the collection of 140 pound t-sip dorks in the stands watch in horror.
HTownAg98
Betting on a game when two bad teams are playing is usually a bad idea.
WHOOP!'91
AG
David_Puddy said:

Texas will be "back" for a week after they beat USC. Then next week Gary is gonna waddle into Austin in his 40x30 Wrangler khakis & New Balance shoes, pry open a 55 gallon drum of KY jelly, dip both of his arms in it, then violently alternate arms while fisting Tom at midfield as the collection of 140 pound t-sip dorks in the stands watch in horror.
Those 140 lb sip dorks will form a line after Herman for their turn with Gary.
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

ABATTBQ11
AG
Caesar4 said:

USC is very depleted. fish QB. Best WR is also a fish, I think. Sips *should* win. But, between a wet kleenex and a gentle breeze....not sure of the outcome.

Sips will have trouble with the run game. USC will not. That will put pressure on Romo junior and keep it off usc's QB.
wbt5845
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Betting on a game when two bad teams are playing is usually a bad idea.
Yeah, but it just kinda fits in with all my other bad ideas.
Agsuffering@bulaw
According to the stats (Yes, these could change alot in the next few weeks)

USCw has been bad at stopping the run (6.5/att). tu has a good run game (4.6/att). USCw will have to sell out to stop the run. tu has a decent passing game (7.58/att, 64%), USCw has a good pass defense (5.09/att, 51%)

USCw has a decent run game (4.4/att) and a bad passing game (7.04/att, 53%). Sips have an average run defense (4.0/att) and average pass defense (7.13/att, 57%). Sips will probably load up against the run and force USCw to throw.

SC appears to have an advantage in the kicking game. PK is 6/7, they have a plus KR and a good PR. tu's PK has not attempted a FG and they do no appear to have plus returners.

My opinion, USCw has better coaches. tu obviously has home field, although not as big a deal b/c a night game.

My gut still says USCw outright, but I understand why it is handicapped how it is.
Agvet12
AG
Just going to be a repeat of

Again everyone will laugh when USC 5th in the PAC12 South lol (Bumlim being 6th at Zona)
digging tunnels
AG
Well USC did hold Stanford to only 17 pts at home.

I see a pillow fight match
ABATTBQ11
AG
Well, bear in mind, usc's stats include a game against a top 10 opponent. tu's are against Maryland and Tulsa.
Charlie Conway
TXAGGIES said:

Usually when a line looks to good to be true, Vegas is usually right.
wrong, vegas sets the line so they get money on both sides, if morons are spending money on Texas the line moves accordingly
DatTallArchitect
AG
Not if they're confident they can get more people on the wrong side. You do see that happen.
racerfink
I need to know how Reed McKenzie is betting before I make my bet...
BronkNagurski
Sat calls for 80% chance of rain in Austin, so the run game is gonna be more important. Tessus' all-World RB is doubtful, and we all know that Tessus Oline is somewhere between doubtful, dubious, and 'don't do it'. OTOH, the Tessus defensive front 7 is pure 'tears', and SC has good Oline/RB personnel. Doesnt take a genius to see what is coming, particularly with SC starting a true frosh QB. Ground & pound til the Tessus secondary crowds the box, then call your best passing play(s). Without Tessus playing levels better than we saw in week 1 or 2, I think USC drags balls in this one. To the tears!
Your Friend
petey88 said:

sips are going to lose this one. They are bad, really bad

Sips dominate USC
TxSquarebody
Your Friend said:

petey88 said:

Sips dominate USC

Congratulations on your gold medal at the special olympics.
Floor it until you see God
TAZ99
AG
Your Friend said:

petey88 said:

Sips got help against USC
Yep
petey88
Your Friend said:

petey88 said:

Sips dominate USC
nice how you, the dumbass, use the word dominate. Your dumbass said the same about Maryland and Tulsa.

looks like 3 patsies in a row, so go ahead and call TCU,...you stupid moron
Your Friend
We'll win by 4
goodAg80
AG
Your Friend said:

We'll win by 4
At Kansas?
dixichkn
AG
Maybe vs Baylor.

KU is ready to plunder tu again
HTownAg98
Your Friend said:

We'll win by 4

Every word in that sentence except "by" is wrong. Hats off to you for that accomplishment.
BronkNagurski
Your Friend said:

We'll win by 4
Is that what the referee said?
Token
AG
Yikes. Lots of crow to be had
BVAg85
AG
Your Friend said:

We'll win by 4

Win what? The dumbass award?
wbt5845
AG
wbt5845 said:

I don't know why anyone thinks Texas has a shot in this game. PAC-12 refs in this game, boys.

So far - Texas lost on the road to a BAD Maryland team and struggled at home against a WORSE Tulsa team.

Meanwhile, USC beat an average UNLV team at home (ok it took coming alive in the 4th quarter to do it) and lost 17-3 to Top 10 Stanford team on the road.

If you're getting points AND USC, take it and run. This looks like one of the biggest slam dunks of the weekend.

FML. Once again, the best gambling advice on the planet is listen to me, bet 180 degrees opposite, and PROFIT
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.