Herman is a nutjob

6,821 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AgDotCom
goodAg80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

In order to avoid players hitting a wall, Herman said the staff is very specific about the amout of time spent on the field, plus the amount of contact during training camp. He said the goal is to peak in the season opener, not the second week of August. Herman also said: "The wall getting hit, as long as your coaches aren't oblivious that it is going to happen, and that we have open, honest and sometimes hard conversations with our guys, and train your mind. One of my favorite pictures of all-time, and we showed it in a team meeting earlier this week. It's during the Vietnam War, the picture of the burning monk. A guy pours gasoline on himself, lights himself on fire. The guy that took the picture said, and there's a quote that says 'He didn't move an inch. He didn't utter a sound in stark contract to the wailing crowds around him.'

Again, I'm not asking our guys to set themselves on fire. Don't get me wrong. The guy lit himself on fire and sat there. Didn't move an inch. Didn't utter a sound. That tells you a lot about the human mind, and if you train it properly, there's pretty much [nothing] you can't do."

This guy has a sick mind. I'd like to see him demonstrate his will power. Oh we have...

goodAg80
AG
Start at 6:30

Your Friend
"In the bag"
BVAg85
AG
Maybe he thinks the crowds in DKR are going to be "wailing" this year too.
DatTallArchitect
AG
Sounds like DJ Durkin
CoachLB
Your Friend said:

"In the bag"
You left out one word. " in the ****** bag."
CoachLB
The monk thing works. I have seen the horn defensive backs get burned on a regular basis. Not one of them moved.
dermdoc
AG
So Malik was a Buddhist monk? Never knew.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Potcake
AG
Tone deaf MF'er. Chollie was just lost at sea. This guy is lost at sea but paddling away from islands. Extend his contract!!
titanmaster_race
He wants his guys to peak the very first game of the season? And then fizzle out over the next 11?
mellison
AG
It's like nobody told him there might be an interview today. Everything he says is off the cuff and not well thought out at all.
Ag In Ok
AG
Pictures that didn't make his top three:
Wedding
Kids birthdays
Parents anniversary
Grand Canyon
Muhammad Ali boxing underwater
Whorns take a knee national championship
Metal Slides
Team only pool parties

Really, to refer to a picture of self immolation as your favorite is insane. To say it was a poor choice of words is covering up the obvious, this guy isn't right in the head. What does he think of the photos from the battles of Gettysburg, Guadalcanal, the Somme, etc?
One sick *******.

technoviking
AG
does anyone have that video of tommy boy with his voice slowed down and the fire behind him, talking about recruits "submitting" to him?
ABATTBQ11
AG
Pretty sure his wife gets all kinds of nutjobs...
Eric Forman
AG
Next year they'll use the picture of the starving Sudanese kid being stalked by a vulture to illustrate their point.
Artimus Gordon
I would call him a bizarre loon. But hey the horns love him and will put up with it as long as he wins. But if he doesn't, he has given them enough ammunition to get rid of him. He is the horns own version of Zach Smith. Off the wall, never know what he is going to do next, crazy to the point that you are just not going to get him to go away quietly. Horns got a ring-tail tooter for a coach.
rocky the dog
AG
The monk didn't move an inch. But if you watch the video, Herman is rocking left and right, the sign of an insecure individual.
HTownAg98
Artimus Gordon said:

I would call him a bizarre loon. But hey the horns love him and will put up with it as long as he wins. But if he doesn't, he has given them enough ammunition to get rid of him. He is the horns own version of Zach Smith. Off the wall, never know what he is going to do next, crazy to the point that you are just not going to get him to go away quietly. Horns got a ring-tail tooter for a coach.

Well, Zach Smith had $2,000 worth of sex toys shipped to the osu athletic department. I wonder if that was a group buy...
Madman
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Artimus Gordon said:

Well, Zach Smith had $2,000 worth of sex toys shipped to the osu athletic department. I wonder if that was a group buy...
Herman and Smith smuggled them out one by one in um.... their hidden compartment.
usmcbrooks
UncoverAg00 said:

Next year they'll use the picture of the starving Sudanese kid being stalked by a vulture to illustrate their point.
Phatbob
AG
Having sex toys sent to Herman's office wouldn't be a story. Those things are like cigarette butts on that campus... you can just pick up extras after the last dildo parade.
Potcake
AG
mellison said:

It's like nobody told him there might be an interview today. Everything he says is off the cuff and not well thought out at all.

Sounds like another guy in the news all of the time.
sleepybeagle
AG
That picture makes me sick to my stomic.
88jrt06
AG
Yeah, Tom.
You first, Monkska.

Yeah, thought so.
2wealfth Man
AG
Artimus Gordon said:

He seems like a perfect fit for the ATX to me
MetoliusAg
Helluva job, Herman.

MetoliusAg
Jock 07
AG
etcetera said:

TexAg1987
Texas Football sponsored by St. Davids Healthcare

"For all your concussion needs"
Callate Donnie
Anyone ever see Bedazzled?
BohunkAg
AG
A favorite picture of his is a snuff film of a guy committing suicide by setting himself on fire. Sounds about right.
TAZ99
AG
I'm wondering if maybe coach mensa got confused with another famous image.

Bottlehead90
AG
I think Coach Some may be a frog in a pot of water. The sips have placed that pot on the stove and turned the burner on to get some boiling water. And he thinks everything is just fine.
AgDotCom
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.