Rethinking realignment: A fresh take on super conferences, divisions and scheduling

5,830 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by LOYAL AG
owenfieldreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"We're not rival with Sip." Of course you're not a rival with Sip. To have a rivalry there needs to be a certain level of parity. It's like calling the Oklahoma Aggies a rival with OU. "Bedlam" is only what happens when the Sooners and the Horns take their agricultural step children to the proverbial woodshed.
BVAg85
AG
OU's jealousy of a&m going to the SEC is almost as strong as the sip's. They're supposed to be rivals but there sure is a love fest between them when the Aggies are mentioned. I've always disliked Oklahoma state and have been indifferent towards OU. Until a&m moved to the SEC, I had no idea that Sooners even cared that much about a&m.
DatTallArchitect
AG
Artimus Gordon said:

I don't see any need for realignment on the horizon. So I don't know why anyone bothers to waste time writing another realignment article.

The SEC is set, the ACC is set, the big10/14 is set. Pac12 doesn't have any options (teams to add) to improve their lot. They can't risk taking on anymore burdens.

The big12/10 is just going to have to be comfortable with what they got. They are not pulling any teams from the power 4 that would make a difference financially. And they don't want the programs that would consider the big12/10 as being a Step up. Those programs bring nothing to the table for the big12/10.

the power 4 conferences are not going to let the NCAA/academia much less espn do wholesale realignment to change the current status quo. The power 4 conferences Have dug in for the foreseeable future.

This
BVAg85
AG
33 said:

goodAg80 said:

A 33 sighting.. I hope you are on the Board and can make that stick

I'm in Berchtesgaden for about 10 days and decided to check in. Prost.

We're taking a trip to Berlin and Salzburg to visit family in a couple of months.
Heisenberg01
AG
owenfieldreams said:

"We're not rival with Sip." Of course you're not a rival with Sip. To have a rivalry there needs to be a certain level of parity. It's like calling the Oklahoma Aggies a rival with OU. "Bedlam" is only what happens when the Sooners and the Horns take their agricultural step children to the proverbial woodshed.

The A&M-tu game has been right around .500 for most of the people on this boards life. You can tell sooners and sips alike fear A&M by the way they are triggered by us. They feel a need to knock us back into our place by obsessively posting on our message boards.
Cannonball Craig III
AG
So "33" doesn't want the sips in the SEC. He can relax and enjoy his vacation.
goodAg80
AG
Heisenberg01 said:

owenfieldreams said:

The A&M-tu game has been right around .500 for most of the people on this boards life. You can tell sooners and sips alike fear A&M by the way they are triggered by us. They feel a need to knock us back into our place by obsessively posting on our message boards.
If by this you mean, the mouth-breathers are coming here and getting their teeth kicked in, then I agree.
jja79
AG
Who that matters is talking realignment? Why would those positioned nicely throw a lifeline to those in trouble?
YouBet
AG
owenfieldreams said:

And yet here you are!
45-70Ag
AG
owenfieldreams said:

If your school wasn't located in Oklahoma, you might be in the sec. But adding a state who's largest city is Lubbock on steroids isn't going to get you an invite.
goodAg80
AG
owenfieldreams said:

OU is not our rival.

BVAg85 said:

33 said:

goodAg80 said:

A 33 sighting.. I hope you are on the Board and can make that stick

I'm in Berchtesgaden for about 10 days and decided to check in. Prost.

We're taking a trip to Berlin and Salzburg to visit family in a couple of months.
That sounds great. I love Berlin - so much to see and do there. Salzburg is nice but you need to get out of the city to the lakes and mountains if you're there. I do like Vienna a lot. Enjoy.
Cannonball Craig III said:

So "33" doesn't want the sips in the SEC. He can relax and enjoy his vacation.
Thanks, Cannonball. I'm going back to my hiking in the Alps.
Al Bula
AG
God, fan bloggers are the worst.
99 Luft
vol4ever said:

SEC already has thereal UT. As I've said before, the only way I'd want the horns in the SEC is if A&M sponsored them.
SEC already has the real UT.

Sponsorship - denied.
Artimus Gordon
Thank goodness we are finished with the rehashing of the annual summer realignment article and the annual media moping article about tu and A&M needing to restart their game in order to help sip sell season tickets under the guise of renewing a defunct rivalry because the public demands it garbaaaage. We are on to SEC media days and the gearing up for a new season that will be here before you know it. Life is good and I intend to enjoy every minute of it. Screw all that other nonsense.
MSU/SECALUM
Vince Young explains why he thinks the Texas A&M-Texas rivalry needs to be renewed

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tamu-football/vince-young-explains-why-he-thinks-the-texas-am-texas-rivalry-needs-to-be-renewed/
McInnis80
It's about time for Chip Brown to bring back his SEC Big 12 merger article again. Of course the Horns get to keep the LHN or get compensated. If the Horns spent half the time trying to improve the conference as they did trying to blow it up the league would be OK.

I remember his last idea where Vandy would give up the SEC East to play against a bunch of old Big 8 teams and take a pay cut.
HTownAg98
MSU/SECALUM said:

Vince Young explains

Stopped reading there.
Joe Exotic
AG
owenfieldreams said:

Sips posing as Sooners now.
dixichkn
AG
ghollow said:

BohunkAg said:

Gawd I didn't even see Iowa State to the Pac-12......hahahahahahaha...the folks from Berkeley would love going to f-cking Ames.
Berkeley fans don't travel much
Kinda hard to when you've chained yourself to a tree
Artimus Gordon
Berkeley bear fans are all on the California government dole they are not allowed to travel to states that do not have bathrooms for the transgendered.
Skull Session
Shouldn't Vince be playing Grab ass with the big12 mascots at media days about now?
BESCo91
AG
Around 2024-ish I expect the Big12 to fold up shop .....

OU, OkSt, TTech, and tu head to the Pac12, forming the Pac16.
The move benefits all 4 schools, the existing Pac12 schools, and the conference as a whole.

WVU joins ACC, KU joins B1G, and ND fully joins ACC or joins B1G.

Iowa State, Kansas State, TCU and baylor get left at the altar and join some combination of the AAC, MWC, CUSA, and MAC.
LOYAL AG
AG
BESCo91 said:

Around 2024-ish I expect the Big12 to fold up shop .....

OU, OkSt, TTech, and tu head to the Pac12, forming the Pac16.
The move benefits all 4 schools, the existing Pac12 schools, and the conference as a whole.

WVU joins ACC, KU joins B1G, and ND fully joins ACC or joins B1G.

Iowa State, Kansas State, TCU and baylor get left at the altar and join some combination of the AAC, MWC, CUSA, and MAC.
What does tu do with the last nine years of LHN? That's at least $150M they're leaving on the table if they walk away to join PAC. Nothing happens until LHN is either killed off by sip/ESPN or it expires which doesn't happen until 2034.

Not sure the ACC will want WVU anymore than they wanted them 6 years ago. That's just not an appealing brand. Agree with KU to B1G but not sure that move makes sense to B1G which is ultimately why I think KU goes ACC.

I think the long term is PAC and ACC at 16, B1G and SEC at 14. Just not sure when.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.