Rethinking realignment: A fresh take on super conferences, divisions and scheduling

5,820 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by LOYAL AG
MSU/SECALUM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/rethinking-realignment-scheduling-divisions-power-conferences-2018/
Maroon Dawn
AG
No thanks
technoviking
AG
technoviking
AG
this author can go **** himself two times over. move tu to the SEC and move a&m to the SEC east? **** off!
SoTxAg
AG
We're good. Thanks.
technoviking
AG
the comments for the article are funny, though.

Arky fan:
Quote:

Yeah SWC-defunct Big 12-Can't keep enough teams in the fold to have a conference championship game. Common denominator? Texas. The Hogs bailed on the SWC because of texas' our way or nothing attitude, just like the Aggies bailed on the B12. Not just no, but HELL NO

random post:
Quote:

I don't the the writer actually goes to games. Yeah, teams fly but do you think those team's fans are going to fly to every away game.
I understand the pre-season desired to write some stuff up but this is straight Talk Soup bull****.
Might as well post an article about the Kardashians here if SDS is struggling to find material to write about.

LSU fan:
Quote:

What a waste of brain power. None of this will ever happen. To act like this adds an element of fairness is a joke. The PAC 12 is already a fairly weak conference and you add virtually nothing to it. The SEC isn't prone to realigning divisions, so this whole thing is a complete waste of time.

UT fan:
Quote:

Uh, no.

Georgia fan:
Quote:

This entire column and all of the words wasted therein is a Billy Madison "This is the stupidest thing" meme come to life.
Splitting up Oklahoma and Okie State is never happening. The literal state of Oklahoma won't let it happen. They would actually stop it. Kinda like how the Virginia Legislature insisted VATech be added to the ACC, even though if they just waited a few more years they would've been added to the SEC instead, where they actually fit and belong.
The main reason why this is stupid is because CFB exceeds based fairly decently (less so since the last expansion) proportioned amount of REGIONALISM.
You do this, and CFB will lessen, never to be as good as it once was.

LSU fan:
Quote:

Keep Vandy, ditch Texas and KSt. They have a rich history of douching things up (SWC, Big12). We dont need that negativity.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Quote:

The SEC gets the big dog, Texas. Texas A&M gets a new, legitimate rival

Who the **** is this out of touch dip**** auther?
Cannonball Craig III
AG
"... a new legitimate rival..." Yea right, ugh uh. That article was written by a sip or someone on behalf of the sips. They now want in the SEC real bad. But they will try to make it look like pull instead of push. To Hell with 'em.
99 Luft

• Oklahoma Big Ten - probably the best fit
  • Kansas Big Ten - ACC is a much better fit
  • West Virginia ACC - should have done that over the BDF
  • Baylor ACC - Hahahahahahahahahahaaa! I think he meant AAC
  • Iowa State Pac-12 - See Baylor
  • Oklahoma State Pac-12 - terrible match but I don't see a better option
  • TCU Pac-12 - See Baylor
  • Texas Tech Pac-12 - as annoying as the Tards are, they deserve better, but again, what other options do they have?
  • Texas SEC - F*** THAT S***!!!! Over our dead, rotting bodies on a cold day in hell with pigs flying overhead and monkeys flying out our maggot-infested asses. I will become a suicide bomber if that EVER happens.
  • Kansas State SEC - that's like trying to pound a square screen door on a round submarine....or something.

• Aggie1
    AG
    FL_Ag1998 said:

Quote:

The SEC gets the big dog, Texas. Texas A&M gets a new, legitimate rival

Who the **** is this out of touch dip**** auther?
    He (Conner O'Gara) is from the Big-10 (Indiana U Bloomington...woo...) and wanted OU up there in spite of them jumping over all their nearby rivals - including OSU, Kansas and Missouri to get there - never happen!!. IF anything, OU has eyes on the SEC - as does OSU...

tu has never wanted to go to the SEC - not a culture fit so they say... - ...but, they would go to the Pac-10 in a heartbeat... The sips' fancy themselves as Cal and Stanford wannabees...

A&M to the SEC East? what is this guy smoking? He claims "teams fly all over so who cares"?? ... - ...well, the FANS who have to follow along and travel to these games damn sure care. If anything, a bit of regionalization would not only help the fans, but it would reduce the number of days athletes have to be out of class - as well as students and band, etc., who want to attend games.
    LOYAL AG
    AG
    New isn't always better and that's a great example.

First we aren't going to see any movement until the BDF GOR expires. Then we'll only see movement if tu wants to move. Since the LHN doesn't expire for another nine years after the current GOR if the sips decide that network is the biggest priority then the only legitimate option is for them to remain the the BDF which means the league extends for another 10 years. That assumes ESPN is still viable and making payments to them, of course. If the sips are willing to give up the LHN's most lucrative years then we'll see the BDF dissolve with the following movement:

tu, OU, OSU, Tceh to the PAC. The weakest remaining league desperately needs the biggest brands that are not in a great place already.
    KU - Great question. B1G or ACC. They are a nice brand and have value. I could see the ACC taking them to join a permanent ND and solidify that league as the perennial tops in basketball.
    Everyone else - mid-major.

By the time the BDF fails th driver will be brands rather than state population and that league just doesn't have many great brands. tu, OU and KU are really it. The Red Raiders and Cowboys will ride their big brothers coat tails to the PAC and the Jayhawks will land somewhere but the rest bring nothing. If the Jayhawks are forced to take KSU with them it'll have to be B1G or bust as the ACC is not getting rid of ND for KSU. Simply put nobody else matters and they will not have a seat at the table.
    HTownAg98
    It's the return of the Capistrano Swallows. Every year about this time, some dip**** at SDS writes an article about bringing the sips into the SEC, and every year they get lampooned for their dumb****ery.
    Your Friend
    Texas to the sec west and an inter divisional rivalry with aTm
    goodAg80
    AG
    Horns should start a league with Concordia and Baylor.

digging tunnels
    AG
    Texas will never be voted into SEC
    BohunkAg
    AG
    Kansas State to the SEC.

45-70Ag
    AG
    Your Friend said:

No, never

Why? Because that would benefit Texas and Texas is a cancer and Arkansas, Missouri and LSU along with a slew of others don't want anything to do with the disease known as Texas.
    BohunkAg
    AG
    Gawd I didn't even see Iowa State to the Pac-12......hahahahahahaha...the folks from Berkeley would love going to f-cking Ames.
    tamc91
    AG
    For 7+ years, Aggies have heard how dumb we are for moving to the SEC, but now their t-shirt hoards are starting to advocate for them to follow Daddy A&M.

Desperate times on the 40 acres....
    ghollow
    AG
    BohunkAg said:

Gawd I didn't even see Iowa State to the Pac-12......hahahahahahaha...the folks from Berkeley would love going to f-cking Ames.
    Berkeley fans don't travel much
    mntamu23
    Your Friend said:

Haha. You're not getting into the SEC. You'd be laughed out of any potential discussions. Us, Arky, Mizzou, LSU, etc. will all see to that.
    I do not want Texas to go to the SEC.
    Jock 07
    AG
    33 said:

Nobody cares
    Jock 07 said:

33 said:

Nobody cares

Uh-huh.
    goodAg80
    AG
    A 33 sighting.. I hope you are on the Board and can make that stick
    American Hardwood
    AG
    Vampires can't get you if you don't let them into your house.
    vol4ever
    As I've said before, the only way I'd want the horns in the SEC is if A&M sponsored them.
    DifferenceMaker Ag
    It's nice not having to worry or even think about this bull**** anymore. We have found our place in the world with shared ideals and mutual respect. Yes, it's great to be home.
    Flexbone
    vol4ever said:

As I've said before, the only way I'd want the horns in the SEC is if A&M sponsored them.
    Which we'll never do. They're a cancer and think they rule the universe. I didn't talk to a single one who DIDN'T think Saban would leave Alabama for Texas. That should tell you a lot.
    99 Luft
    Your Friend said:

At least 4 SEC schools will block that. Ole Miss could be number 5 after sip made their game in Austin appear on the Nobody Watches Network.

We're not rivals with sip. That pretty much ended in the late 1940s.
    goodAg80 said:

I'm in Berchtesgaden for about 10 days and decided to check in. Prost.
    goodAg80
    AG
    33 said:

goodAg80 said:

zum Wohl.
    goodAg80 said:

33 said:

goodAg80 said:

zum Wohl.
    zum wohle, goodAg80.
    TX_COWDOC
    AG
    33 said:

goodAg80 said:

eine Wurst essen
    Artimus Gordon
    I don't see any need for realignment on the horizon. So I don't know why anyone bothers to waste time writing another realignment article.

The SEC is set, the ACC is set, the big10/14 is set. Pac12 doesn't have any options (teams to add) to improve their lot. They can't risk taking on anymore burdens.

The big12/10 is just going to have to be comfortable with what they got. They are not pulling any teams from the power 4 that would make a difference financially. And they don't want the programs that would consider the big12/10 as being a Step up. Those programs bring nothing to the table for the big12/10.

the power 4 conferences are not going to let the NCAA/academia much less espn do wholesale realignment to change the current status quo. The power 4 conferences Have dug in for the foreseeable future.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.