Bev Kearney gets paid

10,063 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by McInnis80
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/23853009/texas-longhorns-settle-bev-kearney-discrimination-lawsuit

Sips finally pay her off and case is settled out of court. Nice recap by ESPN detailing the preferential treatment given to Applewhite when he was banging the fat trainer while his wife was pregnant.

GAC06
AG
I wonder if the most recent round of layoffs freed up enough cash for The Joneses to pay her off.
goodAg80
AG
Totally expected. No way they could let their dirty laundry go public.
buda91
AG
State funds used to settle a lawsuit alleging wrongdoing by various government officials. Lawsuit records sealed. Any of y'all lawyer types want to get to work on this?
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
I know her lawyer, an Aggie. Not only is she getting paid, an Aggie is taking home a big chunk of that coin.

**** tu.
HeyMoe
AG
500K to defend a lawsuit they could have settled with a couple of phone calls years ago.

Almost as stupid as paying a waterhead 100K a year to keep him from selling blow jobs for crack.
HeyMoe
AG
Snow Monkey Ambassador said:

I know her lawyer, an Aggie. Not only is she getting paid, an Aggie is taking home a big chunk of that coin.

**** tu.
She should donate some of that coin to the 12th Man Foundation.
BVAg85
AG
goodAg80 said:

This is something that I've always noticed about sips. They think the whole world looks at them as being perfect. But they're the only ones who think that. They will do just about anything to protect this image that they have projected onto themselves. They make themselves look stupid protecting an image that doesn't exist.
petey88
BVAg85 said:

goodAg80 said:

This is something that I've always noticed about sips. They think the whole world looks at them as being perfect. But they're the only ones who think that.
They will do just about anything to protect this image that they have projected onto themselves. They make themselves look stupid protecting an image that doesn't exist.

You are exactly right, the do good image does not exist. Many know they are slime.

Tee shirt sips I know always say they didn't know or haven't read anything about the cess pool situations coming out of Austin.

Then again, sips and tee shirt sips are dumbasses.
dixichkn
AG
So the coach who replaced her was placed on administrative leave for ethics and misconduct, but reinstated a year later with zero disclosure of the investigative findings.

Nice circus y'all got going on over there.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
" Terms were not disclosed and both sides declined further comment."

Nice paycheck for Bev.
McInnis80
'ole Del is still cleaning up Deloss Dodds' messes. I still think this would have settled much sooner if not the complaints of UT regent Wallace Hall. He saw a large number ($500,000???) objected.

I do wonder if the Athletic Department is taking the financial hit for this settlement. I doubt we will ever know.
digging tunnels
AG
Quote:

The depositions remain sealed under a court order. Texas argued they should remain confidential to protect private student information.

this is such bullsh-t
Furlock Bones
AG
Good for her. She deserves every penny from those ****bags.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
McInnis80 said:

'ole Del is still cleaning up Deloss Dodds' messes. I still think this would have settled much sooner if not the complaints of UT regent Wallace Hall. He saw a large number ($500,000???) objected.

I do wonder if the Athletic Department is taking the financial hit for this settlement. I doubt we will ever know.

$500k? In a wrongful termination suit for someone knocking on the door of a $400k salary? Not a chance. More like 10X+ that amount.
Wildmen03
AG
Christ almighty, texas has a bad habit of paying people that aren't employed by the university.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

State funds used to settle a lawsuit alleging wrongdoing by various government officials.

Doubtful any state funds were used other than some possible t.u. system attorneys salaries. If they were acting in a state capacity, they could have had the entire suit dismissed.

Quote:

$500k? In a wrongful termination suit for someone knocking on the door of a $400k salary? Not a chance. More like 10X+ that amount.
Don't think there's any way it was anywhere close to 4 million. She couldn't have proven that in damages and special damages (punitive) are unlikely. I'd say 500K is a good guess. 750K at the most. Maybe a little more to cover attorneys fees.

She probably started off with 2 million.
88jrt06
AG
No prob. It's time to hit the Law Professor slushfund , uh, "Undisclosed Loan" Fund. Just ask Powers or the current Dean. Oh, they're gone in disgrace? Well, the Chancellor, luckily has made a secret Houston Real Estate deal, so the windfall from that should... What, he resigned? Ouch. Well, the profit is still..., what? It's only worth WHAT?

We're not going to get that new tennis court, are we?
88jrt06
AG
My bet would be 1.25 - 2m.
Net. Because of arrogance and refusal to settle.

Oh, and don't forget all the freebie work they pried out of Perrin. On top of the wasted $500,000.
You remember, their Athletic Dept. felt they needed an AD with extensive experience w/ the Plaintiff's Bar, right?
Not that plaintiff's lawyers aren't natural fits as athletic directors, of course....HAWHAW!
racerfink
HeyMoe said:

500K to defend a lawsuit they could have settled with a couple of phone calls years ago.

Almost as stupid as paying a waterhead 100K a year to keep him from selling blow jobs for cheesecake.

FIFY
Wisconsin_Ag
In the words of the great ZZ Top:

I just got paid today,
got me a pocket full of change.
Said, I just got paid today,
got me a pocket full of change.
If you believe like workin' hard all day,
just step in my shoes and take my pay.

goodAg80
AG

Time to celebrate
BQ_90
AG
Where are the resident tee shirt sip goalies at?
Johnny2Fan
Racist University. From top to bottom. I saw a video of a black kid getting pushed out in front of a bus by tu students not long ago. Trash school.
WhoopN06
Evidence?
BiochemAg97
AG
For BoR to have even been an issue, the initial settlement ask had to be north of $1 mil. Otherwise the AD could have just paid it without BoR approval/involvement.

They spent half a million in legal fees, and they will need to pick up her legal bill, and she is in a stronger position now (got through all the legal BS of tu trying to toss out the lawsuit).
Texasteasipper
Johnny2Fan said:

Racist University. From top to bottom. I saw a video of a black kid getting pushed out in front of a bus by tu students not long ago. Trash school.

Hows the sex scandal coming ags?

http://time.com/5310865/texas-am-sexual-assault-allegations/

Joe Exotic
AG
^
Defender of sip racism and hatred of American military
Texasteasipper
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

^

Answer the question.
technoviking
AG
Texasteasipper said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

^

Answer the question.

http://www.kristv.com/story/38494249/firm-to-audit-texas-ams-sex-assault-process

President Young is taking the steps necessary to yield a fair result.

Not like tu who chose to play favorites with their adulturist coaches.
88jrt06
AG
Texasteasipper said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

^

Answer the question.
***** off, Matlock.

"Answer the question." What a clown.
Texasteasipper
technoviking said:

Texasteasipper said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

^

Answer the question.

http://www.kristv.com/story/38494249/firm-to-audit-texas-ams-sex-assault-process

Lol.... pfffft. Aggie always the righteous. Aggie code of honor my ass.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/aggies/article/At-Texas-A-M-a-case-of-sexual-assault-and-12992238.php
David_Puddy
AG
Texasteasipper said:

Johnny2Fan said:

Hows the sex scandal coming ags?

http://time.com/5310865/texas-am-sexual-assault-allegations/

Hey look, a blimp! Stupid tshirtteasipper, should've studied harder in high school buddy.
Ronnie Mund
Texasteasipper said:

technoviking said:

Texasteasipper said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

^

Answer the question.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/aggies/article/At-Texas-A-M-a-case-of-sexual-assault-and-12992238.php

Why do these T-shirt idiots always sound like ****ing cavemen?

Teasip always gay. Teasip always suck.

See how stupid that sounds you mongoloid sounding mother ****er?
Texasteasipper
Ronnie Mund said:

Texasteasipper said:

technoviking said:

Texasteasipper said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

^

Answer the question.

Why do these T-shirt idiots always sound like ****ing cavemen?

Teasip always gay. Teasip always suck.

See how stupid that sounds you mongoloid sounding mother ****er?

Look at this anger!!!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.