Trouble in Paradisio

5,292 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by aezmvp
LonghornDub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The rumors have Pop retiring in two years and Kawhi demanding a trade immediately. Sounds like the run of the Spurs is over. It was a great run.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

dixichkn
AG
Little late in the game for Pop to start that political run but everybody has their own timetable I guess
45-70Ag
AG
Pop is part of the group that has ruined professional sports by making his political opinions known. Good riddance.

I hope Leonard burns it down
ABATTBQ11
AG
I know some die hard spurs favs that want him to burn it down too. They used to love pop, but now they can't stand him.
J.P. 03
AG
I pray to the sports gods that he gets traded to the Lakers and Lonzo Ball is included in the package that goes back to San Antonio. Would love to see Pop have to deal with Lavar all day every day.
aggiejim70
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

I know some die hard spurs favs that want him to burn it down too. They used to love pop, but now they can't stand him.
I resemble that remark.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
CactusThomas
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Howdy. Can't wait to be a spurs fan again. Pop alienated half the fan base.
HARVEY THE WONDER HAMSTER
Pop can suck my dick. Liberal piece of **** . I live in SA, and enthusiasm for the Spurs has dropped noticeably since he made those dumbass comments.
GarryowenAg
AG
Are we friends in real life?
Potcake
AG
A little dramatic, don't you think?
LonghornDub
Irish_Man said:

Pop is part of the group that has ruined professional sports by making his political opinions known. Good riddance.

I hope Leonard burns it down
This is an example of a weakness in our democracy right now. I don't recommend getting one's moral, political or religious instruction from the gypsies in either the entertainment or sports world. At the same time, I can appreciate their performances regardless of their extraneous opinions. Considering who Pop must attract and supervise to excel at his profession, I think it's pretty smart of him to espouse liberal positions, and he has been very successful for a very long time. I cut him some slack.

During the Vietnam War, I would have approved convicting Jane Fonda of treason for giving aid and comfort to the enemy in time of war, which she did. She should have been stood against a wall and shot, but I still enjoyed most of her movies. She was a great comedic actress. We need to forgive our fellow Americans their differences and look for ways to unite us.*

* Does not apply to Oklahoma
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

45-70Ag
AG
Potcake said:

Not at all
Pops opinions on political matters only alienate a portion of the spurs fan base, it does nothing positive for him or anyone else involved in professional sports to go political.

No one watches or attends a game and says, I'm going because the coach or athlete leans this way or another.
Potcake
AG
You said professional sports were ruined, that seems to be over dramatic, for one. Do athletes, coaches, entertainers, et al. forgo their rights? I have yet to hear one player or coach talking politics during a game. Outside the game, yes. Should accountants, lawyers (most of OR), or bakers keep their opinions to themselves outside of work?
CyclingAg82
AG
Irish_Man said:

Potcake said:

Not at all
Pops opinions on political matters only alienate a portion of the spurs fan base, it does nothing positive for him or anyone else involved in professional sports to go political.

No one watches or attends a game and says, I'm going because the coach or athlete leans this way or another.
I heard the Golf Digest podcast with Jimmy Walker, a San Antonio native, and (paraphrasing) he does not follow the Spurs much, said the Coach's (Popovich) politics alienated him. I Felt the same way. Even Steve Kerr got into it, guys should learn to avoid the topics, because either way they will alienate a good percentage of their fan base.
Squadron7
AG
Quote:

Do athletes, coaches, entertainers, et al. forgo their rights?

They are not forgoing their rights. They are forgoing the interest and patronage of a lot of fans unnecessarily.

It's pure self-indulgence on his part.
Ginormus Ag
AG
Say what you will about Pops politics, but one thing he is deeply passionate about is basketball. That being said, if LaVar Ball is anywhere around the Spurs, Pop would absolutely murder him.

Would almost make it worth seeing the dumpster fire, and I have been a Spurs fan since the age of 6.
Potcake
AG
Squadron7 said:

Quote:

They are not forgoing their rights. They are forgoing the interest and patronage of a lot of fans unnecessarily.

That is an indictment on the "fans" for applying a political connotation to everything in their lives. F*** politics and politicians.
Squadron7
AG
Potcake said:

Squadron7 said:

Quote:

That is an indictment on the "fans" for applying a political connotation to everything in their lives. F*** politics and politicians.
Did you forget the /sarc tag?
WC94
AG
Dudes,

Pop is saying things to get rings. Do you think Lebron from poor ass Akron, wants a coach who empathizes with the black struggle or Phil calling his business associates a posse?

If KL leaves, the rebuilding begins. 20 straight seasons of the playoffs is a hell of a run. 27 of the last 28 too.
AgDotCom
Potcake said:

No, this is simply the final straw for white males who have tried to do the right thing all their lives, treat people equally and with respect, then be told by a pompous ass running his mouth that we haven't done **** and that we should "feel uncomfortable" about it.

F him and anyone else who feels this way, no matter who they are and what they do. **** like this is a big part of the reason Trump won, and that reason isn't going away.
aggiedad55
AG
For once I agree with what LonghornDub said. I will cut Pop some slack. Would we fire Jimbo if he expressed his political views either liberal or conservative? I wouldn't. For everyone who says they are no longer a fan of the Spurs because of Pop's views I say grow up.
Loyalty
AG
AgDotCom said:

Potcake said:

No, this is simply the final straw for white males who have tried to do the right thing all their lives, treat people equally and with respect, then be told by a pompous ass running his mouth that we haven't done **** and that we should "feel uncomfortable" about it.

F him and anyone else who feels this way, no matter who they are and what they do. **** like this is a big part of the reason Trump won, and that reason isn't going away.
Squadron7
AG
aggiedad55 said:

For once I agree with what LonghornDub said. I will cut Pop some slack. Would we fire Jimbo if he expressed his political views either liberal or conservative? I wouldn't. For everyone who says they are no longer a fan of the Spurs because of Pop's views I say grow up.

We're doing Pop a favor. Why would he want those such as us to be fans?
AnScAggie
AG
I'm from San Antonio and grew up in a spurs family, my parents even had season tickets back when the baseline bums were a thing at hemisphere arena. I'd consider myself a moderate fan and a huge fan of a restaurant he owns an interest in. That being said, I haven't once watched the spurs or gone to the Grill since he felt the need to open his mouth and get into the politics game. He has a right to say what he wants, just as I have the right to not spend $200 going to a spurs game or a similar amount going to his restaurant.
A History Of Violence
AG
Your obsession with daddy is so boring and makes me so sleepy.
It could be raining titties and Gerg would get hit in the head with a f-cking dick. Good Lord you're dumb.
Sean Jeffrey Babineaux IV, posted 3:03p, 02/07/13
aezmvp
J.P. 03 said:

I pray to the sports gods that he gets traded to the Lakers and Lonzo Ball is included in the package that goes back to San Antonio. Would love to see Pop have to deal with Lavar all day every day.

OMG how do we make this happen?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.