Rangers fans

3,542 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Andy Farmer
LonghornDub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Buried on page C-7 of this morning's HC is a blurb stating that Texas Rangers President of Baseball Operations and General Manager Jon Daniels has just received a multi-year contract extension. As a fan of the team's rival, I am curious as to why. While he has matched the Astros' futility leading up to their recent successes, a study of history does not recommend such an approach. Losing usually breeds more losing. I have come up with possible explanations and need your input. Inquiring minds want to know. Possibilities:

A. Ownership is effing brain dead.
B. Daniels has videos of ownership cohabiting with animals and/or small children.
C. It is part of a deep-state conspiracy on the part of Dallas to embarrass Arlington by causing the team to be horrendous when the new stadium opens.
D. Other (Explain)

Thanking you in advance.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

45-70Ag
AG
Is Tom hicks back to owning them again.

Rangers are going to open a new ballpark and be the worst team in the league.
Nuke_Ag05
AG
Still baffles the hell out of me seeing this. I've always been a rangers fan since I was a little kid going to games in the ****ty ballpark in the 80's.

I'm not as wrapped in it is some of the more hardcore fans. I pull for them, but that's about it. When the Astros won, I thought that was great.

The management of this team and it's direction just blows my mind. Operating on the cheap, hoping it pays off or not really caring in the end, but the owner not really caring as longs as fans keep coming in and putting butts in seats. And he Rangers do have a large fan base. Just think and put this into the same realm as Bud Adams and the Oilers.

Anyways, I love the park. It's a beautiful one and they are building a new one. Really weird....Just the handling of the team in general is borderline ******ed.
David_Puddy
AG
I remember that M.D. used to be the biggest Ranger fan, but now he doesn't utter a peep about them. F"ing weird.
Ronnie Mund
M.D. doesn't strut around here like he has a jet black veiny lasso in his pantalones anymore. Very weird.
Oscar Diggs
AG
When the Nolan Ryan - Jon Daniels feud went public, most of the sports media in DFW went all in on Daniels calling him a sports genius, wonderkid and opined that Daniels was the main reason for Ranger success and that Ryan was just a country bumpkin and too old school.

Don't know if Ryan would have done better but never understood the hate for Ryan and lovefest for Daniels, especially on the sports radio side. Most of the radio guys have too big an ego to admit they were wrong about Daniels,
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
Doc used to refer to Daniels as "pimp", "badass", "bad mother ****er" and other stupid fing names just a few shorts years ago.

The Stros currently refer to Daniels as "little *****".
Andy Farmer
I see nothing wrong with it.

Dude took em to two World Series which is further than the prior 40 years can show. In addition, Rangers have something like the 3rd best record in MLB last 10 years until this season. This is what happens when you trade away talent to make those WS runs. Bleeds out the farm system.

He is a good GM. Deserves a chance to right the ship.
Andy Farmer
Oh.

And **** Houston.
David_Puddy
AG
Poor bitter Andrew
Ronnie Mund
Andy Farmer said:

Rangers have something like the 3rd best record in MLB last 10 years until this season.
This and "elite recruit ratio" make Anal Farmer feel better about his sh*tty teams.
Hood
AG
I'm just here for the reunion.

It's rare to see some of the vintage posters all in the same thread.

Wish Doc was here, though. He loses too many games of whack-a-mole with staff.
Andy Farmer
David_Puddy said:

Poor bitter Andrew

Andy Farmer
Ronnie Mund said:

Andy Farmer said:

Rangers have something like the 3rd best record in MLB last 10 years until this season.
This and "elite recruit ratio" make Anal Farmer feel better about his sh*tty teams.

We ain't doing so hot on elite recruit ratios.

I am a Daniels fan though
M.D.
Sammy?

Lloyd?

Hood?

Puddy?

Holy sh*t
Hood
AG
Oh hey...
Flexbone
Hi guys.

I'm a lawyer.
Andy Farmer
Flexbone said:

Hi guys.

I'm a lawyer.

And a ******
Flexbone
Andy Farmer said:

Flexbone said:

Hi guys.

I'm a lawyer.

And a ******

Poor dumbass Andy. Gets routinely owned in every argument yet has convinced himself he doesn't.
maroonthrunthru
After WS runs, Ranger ownership pulled back on talent spending and unveiled new stadium to "cash out"...

They plan to sell team after new stadium increases team value...

They don't have any serviceable talent any longer... cause they won't spend required funds..
45-70Ag
AG
maroonthrunthru said:

After WS runs, Ranger ownership pulled back on talent spending and unveiled new stadium to "cash out"...

They don't have any serviceable talent any longer... cause they won't spend required funds..

Florida Marlins game plan?
Andy Farmer
maroonthrunthru said:

???

How you figure? Who could they have spent on that they let walk? They spent. Not always wisely...but they spent.

They talked trading for Greinke. Couldn't make it work with Arizona.

They let Yu go because he just wasn't that great. He isn't performing for Cubs either.

Moreland was alright. But it wasn't a financial reason to let him go as much as clearing the way for others.

They went in on Otani and just didnt get him. They were willing to spend though. And it may be for the best because word is he may have Tommy John surgery at some point.

I just can't think of anyone they've not been willing to spend on.

At some point when you whiff on Greinke and Otahni you have to say "screw it" and rebuild the minors. Pitching staff was very questionable after those misses. Makes sense to me.

M.D.
Andy absolutely butt-f***ing the Ranger-hating nerds in this thread
Ronnie Mund
^
Andy Farmer
M.D. said:

Andy absolutely butt-f***ing the Ranger-hating nerds in this thread
MD20/20
AG
Having been a Rangers fan since they limped in from D.C. and started playing in a minor league stadium surrounded by vast nothingness, I'll tell you, it's tough.
We have endured more than anyone should have to. We fired Billy Martin and Whitey Herzog as managers within the first few years of our existence. We fired another manager (can't remember his name) but asked him to stay on til the end of the year. We hired another manager out of retirement only to have him quit after one game. Traded Ron Darling for a couple of used bats and Sammy Sosa for less.
Then, once we finally got it together, we ran off the man responsible (Nolan) and kept the guy off the cover of Mad Magazine.
I have thought for years I'd never see the Ags win it all. That has changed.
The curse of Nolan plus whatever previous bad juju the Rangers had will never end.
Cooter Brown is my designated driver.
Andy Farmer
MD20/20 said:

Having been a Rangers fan since they limped in from D.C. and started playing in a minor league stadium surrounded by vast nothingness, I'll tell you, it's tough.
We have endured more than anyone should have to. We fired Billy Martin and Whitey Herzog as managers within the first few years of our existence. We fired another manager (can't remember his name) but asked him to stay on til the end of the year. We hired another manager out of retirement only to have him quit after one game. Traded Ron Darling for a couple of used bats and Sammy Sosa for less.
Then, once we finally got it together, we ran off the man responsible (Nolan) and kept the guy off the cover of Mad Magazine.
The curse of Nolan plus whatever previous bad juju the Rangers had will never end.

Nolan was not responsible...
LonghornDub
Andy Farmer said:

MD20/20 said:

Nolan's guys just swept a four game series from Jon's guys. I agree with the old NY Giants coach who said you are what your record says you are. His record says Jon sucks.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

Andy Farmer
LonghornDub said:

Andy Farmer said:

MD20/20 said:

Nolan's guys just swept a four game series from Jon's guys. I agree with the old NY Giants coach who said you are what your record says you are. His record says Jon sucks.

Wheels were in motion in Houston before Nolan got there.

Guy is smart but he doesn't make the personnel decisions in either club.
M.D.
I think they've had enough, Andy.

This is getting hard to watch.
BohunkAg
AG
There is currently a 35,000 post thread on the Dallass board about a sports radio station. They will believe anything those dorks on their terrestrial car radios tell them.

Oh and Nolan was infinitely smarter than Daniels.
Flexbone
M.D. said:

I think they've had enough, Andy.

This is getting hard to watch.
Here comes the old Doc K, popping in, overstating the "ownage" going on by one of his idiot "brethren" and moving on. Didn't miss that.
M.D.
If I was ever going to consider being gay, RLW would be the first guy I'd try to f*ck.
goodAg80
AG
M.D. said:

If I was ever going to consider being gay, RLW would be the first guy I'd try to f*ck.
Who wouldn't?
Furlock Bones
AG
my oh my, look at the slapdicks in this thread.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.