Ol Del making friends.

3,852 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Flexbone
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bitter Old Man
AG
To be fair, that could be all of the people who have been accused of harassment, but not made public and not affiliated with football....
Bitter Old Man
AG
Quote:

According to salary data previously obtained by the Statesman, the UT athletic department had 448 full-time staff members with an aggregate base salary total of approximately $47.3 million. The Longhorns typically have more than 500 athletes, creating almost a 1:1 ratio, something unheard of in major college athletics.
Kudos to them for going ahead and calling their paid players "full time staff"....
Flashdiaz
AG
not really happy to hear someone lost their job, even if they are longhorns.
Jock 07
AG
I realize that vints isn't paid by their AD, but I do find it a bit humorous that he still has his welfare job despite these cuts.
Bottlehead90
AG
It's tough when you are in a dead end conference and struggling to make ends meet.
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
We have more money than the Vatican/ sips
Wabs
AG
I thought they were rich AF. I guess they're not rich AF.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Guess ol Mack told ol Del who to fire the other night during their baseball lovefest on tv.
MyComputerCareer
Careful Del, whorn ran Patterson out on a rail for attempting to levy fiscal responsibility. The bloated bovine values appearances.
AgGrad99
AG
Flashdiaz said:

not really happy to hear someone lost their job, even if they are longhorns.
Agreed. I know a couple people on staff there, sweating this one out. Not a good position to be in for them, or their families.

digging tunnels
AG
But they are rich AF and have the most revenue annually. Surely they can spare less than a million
Shoefly!
AG
Did vintage keep his 100k/ yr job? I think those 13 should file.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Austin radio said they have 448 employees in the Athletic department and 500 student athletes.
Whoa.
DallasAg 94
AgOutsideAustin said:

Austin radio said they have 448 employees in the Athletic department and 500 student athletes.
Whoa.
It is in the article, as well.

Quote:

According to salary data previously obtained by the Statesman, the UT athletic department had 448 full-time staff members with an aggregate base salary total of approximately $47.3 million. The Longhorns typically have more than 500 athletes, creating almost a 1:1 ratio, something unheard of in major college athletics.

It is interesting. If they spend $47.3M on salary, alone... that should be troubling.

Aside from the Sips and OU, let's look at the other school's revenue:
Certainly older information...

3. WV: $105M (26th)
4. OkieLite: $93.7M (37th)
5. KU: $90M (38th)
6. Tech: $83M (42nd)
7. Iowa St: $78M (48th)
8. K-State: $78M (49th)
Baylor and TCU don't report.

Sips spend on salaries alone, almost 50% what 4 of the BXII schools generate for the AD.

You have Sips & OU and everybody else. There is no excuse the Sips and OU shouldn't be 1, 2 in every sport.
HeyMoe
AG
Vince Young keeps his job. At the taxpayers expense. Naturally.
TopRowKyleField
Part of their shhh strategy?
Al Bula
AG
I know its the OR narrative to lmao and pwn all things sip athletics but there's probably a lot of dead weight they can stand to get rid of.
dixichkn
AG
RPM said:

I know its the OR narrative to lmao and pwn all things sip athletics but there's probably a lot of dead weight they can stand to get rid of.
I'm not real fond of Ketch either but that's a little over the line
DatTallArchitect
AG
Hopefully hotlips made the cut. They need to keep that boy around.
Tmoneyag99
AG
Jock 07 said:

I realize that vints isn't paid by their AD, but I do find it a bit humorous that he still has his welfare job despite these cuts.
As a tax payer.... This SH!% P!$$3s me off. If I were an Auditor and found he was being paid with state money, I'd blow that sh!% up in a report and then start looking for a job. No other citizen in the state gets that kind of pass.
Your Friend
4th and 6

Pay the man
Flexbone
Your Friend said:

4th and 6

Pay the man

I'll never understand how pathetic someone has to be to spend the time you do on this website, let alone the self validation you seek from jocking kids from the projects that play sports for a school you never attended. That is so ****ing weird.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.