Jimbo to Tommy Tittytwist

9,015 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by David_Puddy
SACR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CoachLB said:

I really do not see a lot of difference in our football opinions. I agree with everything football-wise you say. I think the only thing we may see differently is how we define "physical". I guess i just feel that in Texas high football today the focus on what used to be considered physical positions like LB has evolved into a position that requires the ability to run and cover more because of the high number of spread teams. Oklahoma against Georgia showed the sooner LBers and DB had no desire to step up and be physical against Georgia's running game. (They started running around blocks etc. Some defensive backs just avoided tackling Georgia's backs completely.) Because for the most part they had not seen it all year. Like I said Texas kids are tough. But being physical is a mindset. I have no doubt the sooner players have the toughness to be physical. But after a couple of quarters of play they no longer had the will to be physical. You and I both love the game. And I know by your posts you know the game. We just differ in how we see physical, that is all. And that is OK. Thanks for the good football conversion.

Agreed.

I'm having this discussion on another forum.

Since Randy Moss and Michael Irvin showed that guys who are 6'3 210 lbs can make multi-millions playing wide receiver, every 6'0 180 lb kid who would have played linebacker decided they wanted to be a wide receiver instead. The move from the run-n-shoot to the spread offense and Air Raid schemes in high school accelerated that movement. Every time the offense drops a lineman or end and adds a skill position player, the defense responds in kind. So you take the 6'180 lb kid who can't catch and put him at safety to match the extra wide receiver, and go from a 3-4 or 4-3 to a 3-5-3 or a 4-2-5.

I have a theory that you can see a slight drop in the number of linebackers on the lists of the top 100 recruits in the State each year over the past two decades, a drop which coincides with a rise in the number of safeties or LB/safety hybrids.
---------------------------------------------------
"Now you're suggesting uncleanliness during a viral outbreak? What other great ideas you got Typhoid Mary[?]"

jamey, 3/13/20

-------------------------------------------------

"They log into each other's accounts and post. They probably are two different people but that doesn't matter much when you log into other peoples accounts."
CoachLB
I agree. The different things each coach does out of the spread has really made me grow as a defensive coach. Those offensive coaches are like mad scientist! The in-game ajustments you must make each week are more crictical now than during any other era of football. I would love to just sit in a 4-2-5 every week, every play. Cannot do that anymore. Good conversation. Thanks.
RGLAG85
AG
Texasteasipper said:

CoachLB said:

I watched your spring game. I did not watch it as a fan but to see what I thought of the Horns just strictly to evaluate the team. No trash talk intended. A&M has more and better athletes than the Longhorns. Now I know the teams at both spring games were split. And both had some guys out. A&M is a far better tackling team in just 15 spring practices than they have been in years. Elko has them playing a more sound defense. A&M has a solid group of backs. Receivers are good. Tight End is a stud. And they can win with either QB. The Horns will play Solid defense if the young guys step up. Offense is still a major problem. That offensive line better get big help from the new guys. A freshman back may have to be the bell cow at running back.One quarterback is coming off of surgery and one has concussion issues. So i really believe A&M has less questions to be answered than Texas. Now to be fair you have to agree A&M plays a much tougher schedule. So Horns have an easier path to 7 wins. But I will not set a win or loss total on Fisher. That guy can coach and you can see a big difference in a short time already. I think these are all fair statements.
I appreciate the actual football talk. The offense for Texas has issues. Its going to take a couple years to establish depth in the trenches. Thats why the OT Calvin Anderson get was a huge one for the short term. He will be immediate starting LT when he gets to campus. The QB recruits Texas got in 18 class and Johnson in 19 class are studs but years out and should all be red shirted for long term investment. For now, its Sam and Shane. RB depth is thin and TE is non existent. But I think you will be very surprised at Orlandos Texas D in year 2. It will be the strength of this team and better than last years. Orlando is legit. So is Elko imo but I wouldnt trade. The Big12 has lost a lot of QBs and USC lost Sam Darnold. The schedule is much easier this year and the win loss column will reflect that.

I did not see the aggie spring game. But from what I understand the offense will be undertaking a significant transition from recent years so I expect a rough patch for you guys. And how will that translate from recruiting a spread state mainly. Big12 is clearly the easier path to 10 wins. Its going to be interesting to see if Oklahoma, Texas, and A&M all hit on thier coaches. Each school will have to recruit nationally, which all 3 are doing currently. No chance for anyone else regionally if we are all rolling like I expect all 3 to do. Again, the question in my eyes as I believe in Herman, is who ends up winning big the most. I never believed in Sumlin and I felt he rode Keenum and Johnny and good coaching hires underneath him. I think Jimbo will give yall an era yall are aching for. But do not sleep on Herman. I think aggie admin knew they needed to go big to counter Herman and Riley. Looking forward to the next several years. To bad we dont play each other.
This is so sip. I cannot emphatically state enough that Hermensa and Riley had absolutely no bearing on the Aggies decision making to hire Fisher, the SEC did. You simply can't wrap your obtuse, little mind around the disparity between the SEC as a league and the BDF. Herman may prove to be a successful bdf coach and you've already mentioned he has an easier path in what will always be a much weaker conference, but he will never be held in regards as Saban, Myers, Sweeny or an up and coming Kirby Smart. Fisher already is. Even Stoops wasn't held in that regard with all his success. The Aggies went out and hired the best coach not available. You just can't comprehend that we love to laugh at your dumb ass and make in fun of that piece of crap land you call the 40 acres but the reality is, we're in a man's league and are having to adjust to big boy football, not what tu is doing. Hell, Herman is a Sumlinesque type coach and Sumlin would've torn it up in that pass happy conference, he just wasn't suited to SEC football. So keep your "it's special to be the university of something" it's working well. You're so special you hired mensa, we hired Fisher. Let that sink in.
txjortsagent
AG
To counter Herman and Riley?

They'd have a harder ****ing time countering Simon and Garfunkel or Penn and Teller or even Donnie and Marie.

So that Dub understands too, Laurel and Hardy.
SACR
AG
CoachLB said:

I agree. The different things each coach does out of the spread has really made me grow as a defensive coach. Those offensive coaches are like mad scientist! The in-game ajustments you must make each week are more crictical now than during any other era of football. I would love to just sit in a 4-2-5 every week, every play. Cannot do that anymore. Good conversation. Thanks.
Is that your base defense these days, a 4-2-5?
"Now you're suggesting uncleanliness during a viral outbreak? What other great ideas you got Typhoid Mary[?]"

jamey, 3/13/20

"They log into each other's accounts and post. They probably are two different people but that doesn't matter much when you log into other peoples accounts."
Your Friend
Didn't fisher epically fail last year in a conference that was much worse than the BDF? And how exactly is he held in the same regards as Saban?
Sapper Redux
Your Friend said:

Didn't fisher epically fail last year in a conference that was much worse than the BDF? And how exactly is he held in the same regards as Saban?

Much worse? Okay, champ.
Cynical_Texan
AG
Your Friend said:

David_Puddy
AG
Your Friend said:

Wake up
Hope out of twin bed
Log onto Texags
Make a stupid/troll post
Hang out on Texags all day & evening defending a school I didn't go to
Rinse, repeat
SACR
AG
Your Friend said:

ACC has actually gotten a team into the CFP every year of its existence. As a member of the BDF, I know that is a completely foreign concept to you.

jamey, 3/13/20

M.D.
David_Puddy said:

Tommy really cleaned up in recruiting off of that big Spring game this weekend.

what's the box look like from your pickup game last night, puddy? Another 16-10 kind of night?
David_Puddy
AG
M.D. said:

David_Puddy said:

Tommy really cleaned up in recruiting off of that big Spring game this weekend.

what's the box look like from your pickup game last night, puddy? Another 16-10 kind of night?

What?
CoachLB
SACR said:

CoachLB said:

Yeah. I base out of the 4-2-5. If the team we play spreads you out to run I really like the 4-2-5. If they throw more out of the spread or is more of outside running scheme I usually base out of a 50. I like the stunt packages you can use up front out of the 4-2-5. And I like all the blitz packages you can call out of the 50. You can bring guys from so many different angles. We will be multiple during the game no matter the offensive scheme though. Offensive coaches are really to good now to just sit in a defense all game. I like to be able to show different looks, hide coverages and of course have enough different looks to be able to make in-game adjustments. I have used the standard 31, 22, 4-3 defenses some against power running or I, or pro set teams. But the 4-2-5 works the same against those teams. May use a bigger outside LBer type against those teams linstead of a hybrid type kid like you mentioned. Have used some 3-3-5 a little for a different look. But not much. Pretty easy to move around in these 3 man fronts. DId not mean to go on and on but it is nice to have a real football conversation on here. I like the other stuff too. But i love talking real football.
SACR
AG
CoachLB said:

SACR said:

CoachLB said:

Yeah. I base out of the 4-2-5. If the team we play spreads you out to run I really like the 4-2-5. If they throw more out of the spread or is more of outside running scheme I usually base out of a 50. I like the stunt packages you can use up front out of the 4-2-5. And I like all the blitz packages you can call out of the 50. You can bring guys from so many different angles. We will be multiple during the game no matter the offensive scheme though. Offensive coaches are really to good now to just sit in a defense all game. I like to be able to show different looks, hide coverages and of course have enough different looks to be able to make in-game adjustments. I have used the standard 31, 22, 4-3 defenses some against power running or I, or pro set teams. But the 4-2-5 works the same against those teams. May use a bigger outside LBer type against those teams linstead of a hybrid type kid like you mentioned. Have used some 3-3-5 a little for a different look. But not much. Pretty easy to move around in these 3 man fronts. DId not mean to go on and on but it is nice to have a real football conversation on here. I like the other stuff too. But i love talking real football.

I can talk football all day long, so don't worry about going on and on. I grew up watching RC Slocum's 3-4 under Jackie, so I've always had a soft spot for odd-front defenses. John Goodner, the old Baylor/Texas Tech/Kentucky DC, made me appreciate the multiplicity of the 4-4 defense and the art of the 8-man front. I'm thrilled to see that Elko is building something that is almost a hybrid of both, a 4-2-5 that shows concepts of the split 6, so the ILB play is like our 3-4 under RC. I honestly think that if you can get one two-gap lineman, you can do whatever you want in an odd front today. You only really need three down linemen, and then you can use a Jack LB or a hybrid LB/safety to morph into an even front, or even use two and throw a 50 front out there. As long as you have three linemen, you can be gap sound in your front while also disguising your blitz package and your coverage.

jamey, 3/13/20

CoachLB
Yep. If you have a nose who can control two
gaps and a couple of good inside LBs you can do just about anything as far as blitz and coverages. I am excited to watch Elko. He is a great defensive mind. I usually make a couple of spring practices and I had so much going on I did not get to go. I learn so much from watching and talking to those guys! Every defensive coach I come in contact with whether they are high school or college coaches I pick their brains. Offenses evolve so fast you just have to keep adjusting and learning.
CoachLB
CoachLB
Triple post!!! Is that a record!!!!
Flexbone
Cynical_Texan said:

Your Friend said:

By "epic fail" you mean, of course, post the exact same record as Tom Herman?
Your Friend
Check again
Flexbone
Your Friend said:

Check again
A 7-6 record? That's what Tom Herman posted in 2017.
David_Puddy
AG
Your Friend said:

Check again

Oh look, Buscemi is "baiting" a response to say that Fischer didn't coach FSU's bowl game, so technically didn't have the same record as man kissing Tom. Great "bait" once again, you dumbass.
Flexbone
David_Puddy said:

Your Friend said:

Check again

Oh look, Buscemi is "baiting" a response to say that Fischer didn't coach FSU's bowl game, so technically didn't have the same record as man kissing Tom. Great "bait" once again, you dumbass.
Yeah...I wonder if FSU would have won the last two games if their head coach was coaching them. Gee....I wonder.

So stupid. They're just pissed off because it's obvious to absolutely everyone that Herman has about 4 bolts loose and and is completely overwhelmed by his job.
BVAg85
AG
Flexbone said:

David_Puddy said:

Your Friend said:

Check again

Yeah...I wonder if FSU would have won the last two games if their head coach was coaching them. Gee....I wonder.

So stupid. They're just pissed off because it's obvious to absolutely everyone that Herman has about 4 bolts loose and and is completely overwhelmed by his job.

The sips think by making Herman look better last year, it will somehow affect what happens in the future. They're a little worried about Fisher but none will admit it.
Your Friend
Are you worried about fisher posting 6 losses in his 8th season at FSU?
CoachLB
Your Friend said:

Check again
this guy is just trolling. Coaches who average 10 wins a season and is one of only 4 active head coaches with a NC just doesn't become bad or average. There were many reasons he had one down season. Although at texas you apparently celebrate and and take great hope in that kind of season now. Fisher has done great things as a coach and recruiter since he has been here. He works harder than any coach I have ever seen. His energy and work ethic is amazing. So the horn fans who are counting on or hoping Fisher has lost anything as a coach better forget that kind of nonsense. I know your guys like Ketch are pushing that kind of crap, but that is so wrong it is kind of funny.
Beetle 92
AG
Your Friend said:

Actually no. Really only worried about you reproducing.

Eat a Shotgun.
Cynical_Texan
AG
Your Friend said:

Are you worried tu hired another Chuck Strong only more Mensa?
David_Puddy
AG
CoachLB said:

Your Friend said:

Check again
this guy is just trolling.

Should've just stopped there. This lunatic has been playing a stupid ass "schtick" for 15 years as a Concordia graduate on a Texas A&M message board.
dixichkn
AG
Your Friend said:

Astros lost to the Angels last night. Season's over! Fire Hinch now!

Funny how you dumbasses won't look at Jimbo's overall track record when your whole (very tired) defense of tu as a superior program to A&M hinges on going back to the early 20th century for overall head-to-head.......
BVAg85
AG
Your Friend said:

Are you worried that Herman hasn't really proven anything about his long-term ability. The school you chose to root for has much more of an unknown in its coach than our school does.
petey88
Your Friend said:

Are you worried that perhaps one day you might not be a total dumbass ?
David_Puddy
AG
petey88 said:

Your Friend said:

Are you worried that perhaps one day you might not be a total dumbass ?

Nobody here is worried that he will ever have 1 single credit hour from the school he is on here defending every day, I do know that.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.