Jimbo to Tommy Tittytwist

9,021 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by David_Puddy
SACR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
---------------------------------------------------
"Now you're suggesting uncleanliness during a viral outbreak? What other great ideas you got Typhoid Mary[?]"

jamey, 3/13/20

-------------------------------------------------

"They log into each other's accounts and post. They probably are two different people but that doesn't matter much when you log into other peoples accounts."
txjortsagent
AG
Let's be honest.

Not every player enjoys getting kissed and hit on by their HC.

Jimbo ain't kissing *****

Tommy boy is perfect for them. Coddle. Tell them they're the best. Kiss them.

And lose 7 games in the Big turd conference just like the last several years.
M.D.
txjortsagent said:

the Big turd conference

you're better than this
txjortsagent
AG
No. I'm not.
Ragoo
AG
M.D. said:

txjortsagent said:

the Big turd conference

you're better than this
the Big Twellllllve conference
Better?
LatinAggie1997
AG
M.D. said:

txjortsagent said:

the Big turd conference

you're better than this

The Not SEC Conference.
45-70Ag
ME85
AG
Simply bdf
Cynical_Texan
AG
It's pretty sad when you're losing players to the school you came from:

Quote:

After pledging to join the tu as a long snapper last November, Humble Kingwood Park long snapper Grayson Yeager flipped his commitment to the Houston Cougarson Tuesday.
Sapper Redux
Cynical_Texan said:

Quote:

After pledging to join the tu as a long snapper last November, Humble Kingwood Park long snapper Grayson Yeager flipped his commitment to the Houston Cougarson Tuesday.

Some people just want a higher level of competition.
88jrt06
AG
M.D. said:

txjortsagent said:

the BIG TURD conference
you're better than this
There.
aTm2004
AG
Cynical_Texan said:

Quote:

Cougar High? You lost an effing recruit to Cougar ****ing High?
depriest1022
AG
txjortsagent said:

No. I'm not.

We know. That's why we love you (no homo).
Dj.Beveled_Watercooler
88jrt06 said:

M.D. said:

txjortsagent said:

the BIG TURD conference
you're better than this
There.
The P L U S-S I Z E D-D O O K I E conference?
txjortsagent
AG
depriest1022 said:

txjortsagent said:

No. I'm not.

We know. That's why we love you (no homo).

Come here, you big softie
Texasteasipper
txjortsagent said:

Let's be honest.

Is that your prediction? Texas loses 7 games in second year? He lost 6 last year. And how many Jimbo losses 1st year? Im gonna laugh my ass off if he loses 6.

And for the record. Imo it doesnt really matter long term if Jimbo has a rough first year. A lot of changes to be made for a first year head coach.
HTownAg98
You dip****s were doing backflips down Congress Avenue when you managed to win 6 and qualify for a bowl.

6-6 for A&M next year is very possible. A new coach, questions at qb and some concerns on the O-Line, aren't usually a recipe for success. So you're going to laugh about something that is very possible. That's like laughing if the sun comes up tomorrow.
Texasteasipper
HTownAg98 said:

You dip****s were doing backflips down Congress Avenue when you managed to win 6 and qualify for a bowl.

6-6 for A&M next year is very possible. A new coach, questions at qb and some concerns on the O-Line, aren't usually a recipe for success. So you're going to laugh about something that is very possible. That's like laughing if the sun comes up tomorrow.

Duh. No, Im going to laugh at 6 losses next year by Jimbo because of the idiots that think they have Herman figured out after 1 season as a head coach at Texas after he lost 6 games. So your excuses for Jimbo losing 6 games next year (and he may very well lose 6 games) because of what you listed need not apply to Texas.

Herman wins more than Jimbo this year imo for the record. And also for the record, I think both coaches go on to have great careers at their new jobs. Question is, who wins bigger in the end.
CoachLB
I watched your spring game. I did not watch it as a fan but to see what I thought of the Horns just strictly to evaluate the team. No trash talk intended. A&M has more and better athletes than the Longhorns. Now I know the teams at both spring games were split. And both had some guys out. A&M is a far better tackling team in just 15 spring practices than they have been in years. Elko has them playing a more sound defense. A&M has a solid group of backs. Receivers are good. Tight End is a stud. And they can win with either QB. The Horns will play Solid defense if the young guys step up. Offense is still a major problem. That offensive line better get big help from the new guys. A freshman back may have to be the bell cow at running back.One quarterback is coming off of surgery and one has concussion issues. So i really believe A&M has less questions to be answered than Texas. Now to be fair you have to agree A&M plays a much tougher schedule. So Horns have an easier path to 7 wins. But I will not set a win or loss total on Fisher. That guy can coach and you can see a big difference in a short time already. I think these are all fair statements.
Texasteasipper
CoachLB said:

I watched your spring game. I did not watch it as a fan but to see what I thought of the Horns just strictly to evaluate the team. No trash talk intended. A&M has more and better athletes than the Longhorns. Now I know the teams at both spring games were split. And both had some guys out. A&M is a far better tackling team in just 15 spring practices than they have been in years. Elko has them playing a more sound defense. A&M has a solid group of backs. Receivers are good. Tight End is a stud. And they can win with either QB. The Horns will play Solid defense if the young guys step up. Offense is still a major problem. That offensive line better get big help from the new guys. A freshman back may have to be the bell cow at running back.One quarterback is coming off of surgery and one has concussion issues. So i really believe A&M has less questions to be answered than Texas. Now to be fair you have to agree A&M plays a much tougher schedule. So Horns have an easier path to 7 wins. But I will not set a win or loss total on Fisher. That guy can coach and you can see a big difference in a short time already. I think these are all fair statements.
I appreciate the actual football talk. The offense for Texas has issues. Its going to take a couple years to establish depth in the trenches. Thats why the OT Calvin Anderson get was a huge one for the short term. He will be immediate starting LT when he gets to campus. The QB recruits Texas got in 18 class and Johnson in 19 class are studs but years out and should all be red shirted for long term investment. For now, its Sam and Shane. RB depth is thin and TE is non existent. But I think you will be very surprised at Orlandos Texas D in year 2. It will be the strength of this team and better than last years. Orlando is legit. So is Elko imo but I wouldnt trade. The Big12 has lost a lot of QBs and USC lost Sam Darnold. The schedule is much easier this year and the win loss column will reflect that.

I did not see the aggie spring game. But from what I understand the offense will be undertaking a significant transition from recent years so I expect a rough patch for you guys. And how will that translate from recruiting a spread state mainly. Big12 is clearly the easier path to 10 wins. Its going to be interesting to see if Oklahoma, Texas, and A&M all hit on thier coaches. Each school will have to recruit nationally, which all 3 are doing currently. No chance for anyone else regionally if we are all rolling like I expect all 3 to do. Again, the question in my eyes as I believe in Herman, is who ends up winning big the most. I never believed in Sumlin and I felt he rode Keenum and Johnny and good coaching hires underneath him. I think Jimbo will give yall an era yall are aching for. But do not sleep on Herman. I think aggie admin knew they needed to go big to counter Herman and Riley. Looking forward to the next several years. To bad we dont play each other.
CoachLB
Good conversation! I believe all three can win big at the same time. Fisher coming in from out of state is a guy who can recruit on a National level. Texas and Oklahoma can recruit spread type players and defensive players and not leave the state. I am a coach and sadly high school football in our State is not really built on being physical at too many places. So I think we will see Fisher recruit certain positions on a National scale. Big time LB from Penn. Was in town this weekend. With Dickey on the Aggie staff I think A&M will have some spread stuff in their offense this year. At least until Fisher gets a team that is comletely his. This season will be fun. Ready for football. Thanks for the civil football conversation
SEsee
The same people celebrating recruiting in April, were celebrating that big win over UCLA at halftime last year, and making plans for that NC run.
SACR
AG
CoachLB said:

Good conversation! I believe all three can win big at the same time. Fisher coming in from out of state is a guy who can recruit on a National level. Texas and Oklahoma can recruit spread type players and defensive players and not leave the state. I am a coach and sadly high school football in our State is not really built on being physical at too many places. So I think we will see Fisher recruit certain positions on a National scale. Big time LB from Penn. Was in town this weekend. With Dickey on the Aggie staff I think A&M will have some spread stuff in their offense this year. At least until Fisher gets a team that is comletely his. This season will be fun. Ready for football. Thanks for the civil football conversation

I work with a lot of coaches because I used to coach, and I disagree with this statement. Unless you define 'physical' as 'uses primarily 21 and 22 personnel in a run-heavy offense', I completely disagree with this statement. To me, physical simply means 'puts the work in with strength and conditioning and on the field with technique to get ready to whip someone's ass'. I know plenty of coaches who coach physical football despite fielding offenses that run primarily 10 personnel because they know they have the studs at wide receiver. The best programs are still dominant on both offensive and defensive lines, so the physical play is there.

I'm not sure all three can be dominant at the same time, because one still has to finish at the top, one has to be second, and one has to be third. Someone is going to dominate line recruiting on both offensive and defensive lines, I don't think they'll just spread out. You always hope your program is getting the top guys and is leaving the rest of the players for everyone else.

"Now you're suggesting uncleanliness during a viral outbreak? What other great ideas you got Typhoid Mary[?]"

jamey, 3/13/20

"They log into each other's accounts and post. They probably are two different people but that doesn't matter much when you log into other peoples accounts."
who?mikejones
AG
Texasteasipper said:

CoachLB said:

I appreciate the actual football talk. The offense for Texas has issues. Its going to take a couple years to establish depth in the trenches. Thats why the OT Calvin Anderson get was a huge one for the short term. He will be immediate starting LT when he gets to campus. The QB recruits Texas got in 18 class and Johnson in 19 class are studs but years out and should all be red shirted for long term investment. For now, its Sam and Shane. RB depth is thin and TE is non existent. But I think you will be very surprised at Orlandos Texas D in year 2. It will be the strength of this team and better than last years. Orlando is legit. So is Elko imo but I wouldnt trade. The Big12 has lost a lot of QBs and USC lost Sam Darnold. The schedule is much easier this year and the win loss column will reflect that.

I did not see the aggie spring game. But from what I understand the offense will be undertaking a significant transition from recent years so I expect a rough patch for you guys. And how will that translate from recruiting a spread state mainly. Big12 is clearly the easier path to 10 wins. Its going to be interesting to see if Oklahoma, Texas, and A&M all hit on thier coaches. Each school will have to recruit nationally, which all 3 are doing currently. No chance for anyone else regionally if we are all rolling like I expect all 3 to do. Again, the question in my eyes as I believe in Herman, is who ends up winning big the most. I never believed in Sumlin and I felt he rode Keenum and Johnny and good coaching hires underneath him. I think Jimbo will give yall an era yall are aching for. But do not sleep on Herman. I think aggie admin knew they needed to go big to counter Herman and Riley. Looking forward to the next several years. To bad we dont play each other.

Both teams will suck. Your record won't reflect it because yall play few strong teams.
CoachLB
I am a defensive cord. There is tough and there is physical. Texas High School kids are tough. But by physical I mean LBers who have to take on big lineman or lead backs. LBers in mainly spread leagues need to be quick and be able to run sideline to sideline and be able to cover. Most inside running plays are traps, quick hitters, zone read stuff etc in the spread. I did not mean to talk bad about any kid. But the truth is most highly recruited LBers in the State are guys like Malik Jefferson. Athletic but not really physical. There is a huge difference in high school physical and SEC physical. As far as all three winning. Alabama, LSU, and Auburn have won National Championships and they are in the same division. A&M does not play the horns are sooners. Texas and Okla can both be win in the same conference.
Token
AG
I agree but our team is slow AF. Can't wait for this team in 2020 because we will finally have the team speed necessary to compete
SACR
AG
Texasteasipper said:

CoachLB said:

Y'all should be addressing those line depth issues already, but Herman has signed two classes, and it is still an issue. When you only have 8 healthy scholarship linemen available for your Spring Game, depth is a serious issue. Herman needed to be signing 8 offensive linemen in each of his last two classes just to shore up depth and bring in bodies, and he has signed 5 in 2018 and 2 in 2017. He doesn't even have half of the numbers he needed. Of the 2017 signees, one (Kerstetter) is a guard and one (Cosmi) was an oversized TE (6'6, 260 lbs) that was a project for tackle in a year you knew you'd need at least one OT just because Connor Williams left early. So you didn't meet your most basic needs for attrition, and were forced to start Kerstetter at right tackle for 10 games last year because of injuries. In your 2018 class, you took one offensive tackle who will go on a two year mission, so you'll have to recruit and sign him again in two years. You took another TE you're hoping to turn into a tackle in Reese Moore, so he's another project who isn't going to help you this year. You took an alleged tackle in Christian Jones who needs a redshirt season just to fix his footwork, and he might be able to develop into a guard for you in two years, he's too heavy-footed and lumbering to be a tackle. You took a juco offensive tackle who fans and insiders are saying is easily a year away, if that. So your coach is not only not addressing pressing depth issues right now, he's not addressing issues in the future, too. Herman seems to think hiring Hand will fix things, he is completely oblivious to the pure numbers game that he is failing in roster management right now. You don't have enough linemen to field a two deep in practice, that should send of some loud ****ing sirens in your head. Anderson is a one year solution, and that is assuming he doesn't get hurt and stays healthy and is actually able to be a plus player in the Big 12 for a year, all big assumptions at this point.

You have a lot more faith in Herman than I do, because I think his arrogance is getting the best of him, and he's too narcissistic to realize he doesn't know what he doesn't know.

I really liked your defensive tackle recruiting, and think Ojomo and Coburn are going to contribute in your depth chart immediately, and think Ojomo is a future star. But we already know Orlando is legit, I think he's gone for a HC job after next season. What is texas' offense going to do without a line next year, and 2019 and 2020 don't look any better?

jamey, 3/13/20

txjortsagent
AG
Texasteasipper said:

txjortsagent said:

Let's be honest.

Is that your prediction? Texas loses 7 games in second year? He lost 6 last year. And how many Jimbo losses 1st year? Im gonna laugh my ass off if he loses 6.

And for the record. Imo it doesnt really matter long term if Jimbo has a rough first year. A lot of changes to be made for a first year head coach.

Ass chug a bottle of bleach
CoachLB
Yeah, we need more team speed. But we won 7&8 a year with NO defense and a terrible offensive cord. I think we will be better in techniques and just being a very sound if not great defense. But I agree we need a deep threat and I hope Jalen coming in will help that.
SACR
AG
CoachLB said:

I am a defensive cord. There is tough and there is physical. Texas High School kids are tough. But by physical I mean LBers who have to take on big lineman or lead backs. LBers in mainly spread leagues need to be quick and be able to run sideline to sideline and be able to cover. Most inside running plays are traps, quick hitters, zone read stuff etc in the spread. I did not mean to talk bad about any kid. But the truth is most highly recruited LBers in the State are guys like Malik Jefferson. Athletic but not really physical. There is a huge difference in high school physical and SEC physical. As far as all three winning. Alabama, LSU, and Auburn have won National Championships and they are in the same division. A&M does not play the horns are sooners. Texas and Okla can both be win in the same conference.
Malik hated hitting people in high school, his lack of toughness when he arrived in college wasn't anything new. He was ranked highly because people fell in love with his speed, but his shortcomings as a player don't reflect on all linebackers. Anthony Hines III plays physical. Buddy Johnson plays physical. You go watch any DISD team on Friday nights, you'll see kids who still play physical football.

texas and OU can't both win in the same conference because they're in the same conference. They play each other, one of them has to win, so while one is up, the other has to be down. Obviously right now, OU is up.

LSU dominates its own state in recruiting and has it on lockdown, they don't recruit Alabama. Oklahoma, A&M, and texas all recruit Texas heavily, so comparing LSU, Alabama, and Auburn to A&M, OU, and texas is a false equivalence. Big difference between three teams in the same collegiate division and three teams all recruiting the same State.

jamey, 3/13/20

CoachLB
CoachLB said:

A kid who gets knocked down and gets up, then gets knocked down again and gets up time and time again is tough!! The player who keeps knocking him down is physical!! We need physical guys.. just wanted to add that..
CoachLB
I didn't think Hines was real physical last season. He has become more this spring. The most physical LB is the kid from tenn. I think Johnson and Hines will become even more physical because it will be demanded and they are tough kids. i did not there are no physical players in texas. But when you watch a lot of 52- 48 games that does not scream physical defense. I did not say these teams could win the conference at the same time.I said they could win big and they can. Alabama and Auburn are recruiting in the same small state. So they recruit nationally. Oklahoma, texas or A&M one of the three may have to go that route. But it can be done. But we do not have to have the same opinion.
SACR
AG
CoachLB said:

I didn't think Hines was real physical last season. He has become more this spring. The most physical LB is the kid from tenn. I think Johnson and Hines will become even more physical because it will be demanded and they are tough kids. i did not there are no physical players in texas. But when you watch a lot of 52- 48 games that does not scream physical defense. I did not say these teams could win the conference at the same time.I said they could win big and they can. Alabama and Auburn are recruiting in the same small state. So they recruit nationally. Oklahoma, texas or A&M one of the three may have to go that route. But it can be done. But we do not have to have the same opinion.
Dodson? He's also hands down our best LB.

Hines is going to play inside and Johnson is going to be a Rover, which is essentially an OLB in Elko's scheme. Ikenna Okeke is also going to be a Rover. I think you'll see Johnson against 11, 12, and 21 personnel, especially against immobile QBs because you can use an extra LB against offenses with a power running game (Alabama, LSU), and you'll see Okeke against dual-threat QBs and 10 and 0 personnel, because you can use a safety-type athlete (Mississippi, Clemson).

52-48 games means you're seeing a lot of poor defense. I do think a lot of people have taken Hal Mumme's advice to heart, that if you score a lot of points and lose, your fans will still be entertained and have hope and you can keep your job. They'll believe one play or two goes the other way, and you win. This results in marginally talented teams putting the majority of their best athletes on the offensive side of the ball, hoping to simply outscore the opposition. The result is a 52-48 loss, which is better than losing 17-0 or 21-0 with all of your athletes on defense. You can't say you were a play or two away when you lost 21-0 and didn't score a point.

jamey, 3/13/20

CoachLB
I really do not see a lot of difference in our football opinions. I agree with everything football-wise you say. I think the only thing we may see differently is how we define "physical". I guess i just feel that in Texas high football today the focus on what used to be considered physical positions like LB has evolved into a position that requires the ability to run and cover more because of the high number of spread teams. Oklahoma against Georgia showed the sooner LBers and DB had no desire to step up and be physical against Georgia's running game. (They started running around blocks etc. Some defensive backs just avoided tackling Georgia's backs completely.) Because for the most part they had not seen it all year. Like I said Texas kids are tough. But being physical is a mindset. I have no doubt the sooner players have the toughness to be physical. But after a couple of quarters of play they no longer had the will to be physical. You and I both love the game. And I know by your posts you know the game. We just differ in how we see physical, that is all. And that is OK. Thanks for the good football conversion.
David_Puddy
AG
Tommy really cleaned up in recruiting off of that big Spring game this weekend.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.