I bet Jason Cook wishes all he had to really worry about was the Bevel controversy

3,647 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by bigfooticus
91_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
From the most recent rape incidents at Baylor (assuming no more have occurred since I started typing this, which is, probably not a good assumption since it is Baylor).

Quote:

Jason Cook, Baylor University's vice president for marketing & communications, sent an email to KWTX late Thursday night apologizing for the delayed response, and said, "Your questions below involve federal guidelines related to student privacy and confidentiality; thus, we are unable to address them at this time."
goodAg80
AG
I'm sure it is a challenge to market around a culture of rape.
BQ_90
AG
Lie down with dirty dogs, expect to get some fleas.

He knew what he was getting into.
Maroon Dawn
AG
You'd think it would be damn hard getting parents with daughters to send them to Rapelor these days and yet they seem to be having no trouble at all.

Kind of baffling really

But then maybe they are but are trying super hard to keep it quiet so no one questions the reason behind the drop in admissions
Wildcat
AG
Who knew FERPA would be a useful tool to shield a university from public scrutiny over it's handling of sexual assault of its coeds?

Just, wow.
Ronnie Mund
BayLOL. Right guys.
David_Puddy
AG
Not sure why the hell he took that job to begin with. It's like going from a Fortune 50 company to one on the verge of bankruptcy.
SteveBott
AG
He had no choice if he wanted his family to stay in CS and have a job.
David_Puddy
AG
So he commutes from CS to Waco everyday?
SteveBott
AG
He did initially. Not sure now. It was about the only option if he wanted to long term. My dad commutes from CS to Houston three days a week. Rents a small apartment
SteveBott
AG
Also wife is an Aggie and two teenage sons at the time
RooAg
AG
Can't remember, were we about to fire him or something? Didn't he leave of his own accord (honestly can't recall).
45-70Ag
AG
I'm not positive its him but I'm about 50% sure he lives down the road from me

If it's him, i see him jogging some. I live in mcgregor, west of Waco on HW84
W
AG
Baylor is so lucky they are a private school. Much easier to hide things from the press
petey88

baylro has been hiding from the press, the law, and decent folk a long time, They have mental issues and inferiority issues that most the locals like to cover up. Plain as day,...

the local DA, baylro grad, will lose the next election,...not entirely due to his part of the rape scandal, but that;s a big part of it. His handling of the biker shoot out has cost the tax payers tons of money, several cases recent'y got dismissed because of lack of evidence. Yet the DA office said arrest all 170 something, haul them all to jail. Well, they are getting their asses to them by defense lawyers. I'm not taking up for the bikers, yet there was no way they legally charge charge 170+ guys with many less that did the damage.

and then circle back around, where were more criminal indictments against baylro admin and coaching staff over rapes ?

covered up,...still waiting to see if and what the DOJ and the Texas Rangers come up with

ClassOf17
BQ_90 said:

Lie down with dirty dogs, expect to get some fleas.

He knew what he was getting into.

Ironically that's what Baylor fans say about the victims
ClassOf17
Irish_Man said:

Do you live on Twin Rivers?
CanyonAg77
AG
SteveBott said:

Also wife is an Aggie and two teenage sons at the time
His inlaws are great people, and big $$$$ donors to A&M. Jason's FIL and my late Dad were good friends, starting back when the FIL lived in the Panhandle.
45-70Ag
AG
ClassOf17 said:

Irish_Man said:

Do you live on Twin Rivers?

While i do play golf there i live further down by the mcgregor airport.
bigfooticus

I noticed several recruiting posters and videos at a mall in Houston this weekend for Baylor, never seen anything like that for any other school...def on the offensive
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.