No sleepy Spurs threads this season?

6,257 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ronnie Mund
Silent For Too Long
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What a curious omission. They've been such a mainstay on this board for as long as I can remember.

I wonder why that might be...

Fully prepared for the regular season only matters when the Spurs have something to brag about rebuttals.

Metrosexuals, sadly, won't touch a pro bouncy ball thread again for another decade...
AGnBCS
AG
Careful daddy Kawhi's naptime is over . What does the league have to show for it ?
Deputy Travis Junior

A balding 40-year-old made your superstar quit and has playoff scoreboard.

Shut the **** up.
NoHo Hank
AG
So there's not really much for rockets fans to do on this thread but scrape up what little remains of their dignity scamper off to beat the **** out of Yeoman to make themselves feel better.
Silent For Too Long
Tap on their little trash can and the bums from San Mexico come out swinging with Delorean smack.

How adorable.
AgDotCom
F the Spurs.

After Popovich's political remarks this year, even my native San Antonio friends avoid and DGAS about them anymore.
Deputy Travis Junior
Delorean? That happened in the most recent playoffs. Until April rolls around again, that series IS the present.

Don't worry, though. I'm sure this postseason will be better if we meet again.

Popovich versus D'Antoni in the playoffs:
2005 Conference Finals: Spurs (4) vs. Suns (1)
2007 Conference Semifinals: Spurs (4) vs. Suns (2)
2008 First-Round Series: Spurs (4) vs. Suns (1)
2013 First-Round Series: Spurs (4) vs. Lakers (0)
2017 Conference Semifinals: Spurs (4) vs. Rockets (2)

Overall: Popovich 20, D'Antoni 6
Deputy Travis Junior
AgDotCom said:

F the Spurs.

After Popovich's political remarks this year, even my native San Antonio friends avoid and DGAS about them anymore.
Oh boo hoo. So he doesn't like our unprofessional president who recently got into a multi-day Twitter war with Lavar f***ing Ball. Even lots of people on the right feel that same way about Trump (I'm one of them).

Stop getting offended when somebody has a different opinion than you do, ya pansy.
BillYeoman
Uncle Tillman knows what he is doing....
Silent For Too Long
This is the present, friend.

Rockets:

20-4, best record in the NBA.

Spurs:

19-8, not best record in the NBA.

Last season:

Still last season.
OilFieldIRI
S
That's cute, a rocket fan with some pride and hope that the rockets will win it all this year. I like the enthusiasm! It's like it's 1995 all over again!!

Ragoo
AG
19-8 with Parker and Leonard out. But by all means rub your dick raw.
Silent For Too Long
Too late.
Silent For Too Long
OilFieldIRI said:

That's cute, a rocket fan with some pride and hope that the rockets will win it all this year. I like the enthusiasm! It's like it's 1995 all over again!!

Hey, mang, if the Astros can do it, anything is possible.
OilFieldIRI
S
What a great series it was!
But........ don't poke the bear. Pop has been bending D'antoni over without taking him out for wine for years. It'll be fun but we know how this story ends.
Not Coach Jimbo
So OP admits that the spurs have dominated for as long as he can remember...

What a terrible insult and an incredible wordsmith.
racerfink
This is where you should be silent longer.
Silent For Too Long
This guy is a witty one.
AgDotCom
Deputy Travis Junior said:

AgDotCom said:

F the Spurs.

Oh boo hoo. So he doesn't like our unprofessional president who recently got into a multi-day Twitter war with Lavar f***ing Ball. Even lots of people on the right feel that same way about Trump (I'm one of them).

Stop getting offended when somebody has a different opinion than you do, ya pansy.
It's not about Lavar Ball or Twitter, Einstein.

It's calling our country an "embarrassment to the world" while at the same time ranting about white privilege and that "people need to feel uncomfortable, especially white people".

If you think that **** is going to fly with people, it's no surprise you have a hard time believing Trump is president...it's part of the reason he won.
OilFieldIRI
S
I think I'm now considered to be a "bad hombre"
WC94
AG
Agdotcom,

I bet you watch fox news. He got in a GD twitter fight wth Lavar Troll. Not very Presidential.

Spurs are 3rd in Western conference without their finals mvp and DPOY. Granpa Juice!!
91_Aggie
AG
This is like tech fans coming on here and posting that tech is beating someone good by 3 points in the first quarter.

That always works out well for them.
AgDotCom
WC94,

Popovich's comments were made in September. Ball was arrested in China in November. They have nothing to do with each other.

I lived in San Antonio when the Spurs moved from Dallas. I've been a loyal fan since then, along with my friends until this year. We've worked hard and tried to do the right thing in life, and we've been rewarded for that with years of white guilt thrown in our faces. We're done with that b.s., and Pop can EAD.
Ronnie Mund
2.5 games back sans the 2nd best player in the league all season? Not bad.
goodAg80
AG
Los Espurs haterz cannot stop obsessing. Pinche pendedores.
David_Puddy
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

Delorean? That happened in the most recent playoffs. Until April rolls around again, that series IS the present.

Don't worry, though. I'm sure this postseason will be better if we meet again.

Popovich versus D'Antoni in the playoffs:
2005 Conference Finals: Spurs (4) vs. Suns (1)
2007 Conference Semifinals: Spurs (4) vs. Suns (2)
2008 First-Round Series: Spurs (4) vs. Suns (1)
2013 First-Round Series: Spurs (4) vs. Lakers (0)
2017 Conference Semifinals: Spurs (4) vs. Rockets (2)

Overall: Popovich 20, D'Antoni 6

I remember when Rockets fans were giving each other reach arounds after winning the first game of the series last year in SA.....that was cute. As was this in the close out game....

Silly Rocket fans
AggieWonWon
LOl people mad about trump not being presidential after 8 years of obamago .

Also the spares are done.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Houston ****ing Astros are World Champions of Baseball.

Nobody watches the NBA anymore.
Ronnie Mund
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

Nobody watches the NBA anymore.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2017/11/30/nba-tv-viewership-up-32-espn-tnt-nbatv/910427001/
BillYeoman
I seriously thought there were only 3 people from San Antonio who went to A&M who weren't H-Town fans.

I thought most people from San Antonio went to school at one of the Missions on that cool, historic Mission Trail.
Silent For Too Long
10 in a row.

nbd...

45-70Ag
AG
Never have been a spurs fan but until recently I've always respected the way they've gone about their business.

Then, pop opened his mouth about politics and I'm done. I like sports for the sport of it, not what they think about issues.
David_Puddy
AG
BillYeoman said:

I seriously thought there were only 3 people from San Antonio who went to A&M who weren't H-Town fans.

I thought most people from San Antonio went to school at one of the Missions on that cool, historic Mission Trail.

Well you went to U of H, so you're also obviously not very bright.
91_Aggie
AG
Dear Lord, I hadn't been keeping up with the NBA. Spurs were missing their best player up til now and still they are 19-8?!?!?!

Quote:

Gregg Popovich confirms Kawhi Leonard will make season debut against Mavericks

Now I know why this thread was started by a pathetic Houston fan... had to get in some good news before the end of the season... guess that's why the techtards do the same thing.

Hmmmm... houston fans = techtard fans. Sounds about right.

spider96
AG
91_Aggie said:

Dear Lord, I hadn't been keeping up with the NBA. Spurs were missing their best player up til now and still they are 19-8?!?!?!

Quote:

Gregg Popovich confirms Kawhi Leonard will make season debut against Mavericks

Now I know why this thread was started by a pathetic Houston fan... had to get in some good news before the end of the season... guess that's why the techtards do the same thing.

Hmmmm... houston fans = techtard fans. Sounds about right.

Dude, pull your head out. The Rockets were without Chris Paul from Oct 18th to Nov 17th and have the best record in the league. Who's the 'tard?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.