GBH article: Bring Back the Hate

11,971 Views | 116 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by marble rye
mellison
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's a piece about bringing back the tu game and how "everyone wants it to happen." I thought GBH was more in tune with the fan base than this.

https://www.goodbullhunting.com/2017/12/9/16566780/bring-back-the-hate
Cynical_Texan
AG
No thanks.
Post removed:
by user
GoodOldAgs
GBH has some of the worst takes. They're some insufferable, out-of-touch dorks outside of the funny/creative bits they do. Remember the article they had defending Sumlin?
who?mikejones
AG
No
These are my people, Americans.
flashplayer
AG
They represent the chode, stuck in the 1980s glory days and still celebrating 1939 image that seems to convince the outside world that A&M will never be a big time player in collegiate athletics.

Never been a fan. They're too lame and old school for me.
Liquid Wrench
The Try-hards must be getting desperate for more clicks.
AGinHI
AG
Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Arkansas (even when they're down), the occasional Florida, Tennessee, and Georgia, and to a lesser extent the Mississippi schools...that is college football paradise.

And we're in it!

How is it people are still clamoring for tu?
coupland boy
AG
Nope.

Disappointed in GBH
ELGINAG
AG
The hate never left. Neither has sip arrogance. Let them burn in ..... the Big Dumpster Fire.
Ag CPA
AG
Most people I talk to in the real world do want it to come back. For a variety of reasons I don't think the views on this this board necessarily represent most Ags.
Velvet Jones
AG
Their love for tongue-punching burnt orange balloon knots is the only reason that site exists.
Phatbob
AG
I get it.

I disagree, but I get it.
BTKAG97
AG
When did GBH hire a sip?
Off_The_Wood
AG
Play the game
Grits
AG
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
Ag4coal
"Donald trump WRONG gif"
Liquid Wrench
Ag CPA said:

Most people I talk to in the real world do want it to come back. For a variety of reasons I don't think the views on this this board necessarily represent most Ags.
I take your word for it, but I was just thinking the opposite. The game hardly ever comes up in real life conversations and it seems to me like a another talking head subject that nobody really cares about.
Bottlehead90
AG
The hate is still there.

That is why the best thing for A&M is to NOT play the game and let them suffer.
Ian Neff
AG
"However, new data suggests that people on both sides are beginning to refocus their energy not on sniping from the safety of message boards, but rather bringing back the game and putting their money where their mouths are.

"Reinstate The Rivalry" is a student-led campaign being launched by representatives from both A&M and Texas who are working to bring the game back. These students represent many aspects of the student body, including student government, the Corps of Cadets, Greek life, and many other organizations. They also have the support of influential Former Students and Texas Exes, as well as vocal support from members of the administrations of both schools. Even Tom Herman has voiced his support of bringing back the game."

1) "new data" - well consider this post in your collection of new data:

Sips are the worst and we beat them every single time we DONT PLAY THEM.

2) "even Tom Herman has voiced his support"

WGAS.
Schrute Farms
The best form of hate is to ignore them and eclipse them.
hunter2012
AG
Here's a LINK to the biased survey

Go make it clear that the game should never come back and they we won't save them from the hell of irrelevancy they put themselves in.
gocobra
AG
what? >90% of Aggies polled want the game back?

I really doubt that is a valid poll.

GBH has gone rogue.
Spyderman
AG
Bottlehead90 said:

The hate is still there.

That is why the best thing for A&M is to NOT play the game and let them suffer.

GoodAg Paulie
AG
Ag CPA said:

I almost guarantee this.
So Carolina plays Clemson, the Florida school play consistently, Iowa vs Iowa State yearly.......its good for the game and fan bases to play these in state games
yardwhisperer
AG
Ag CPA said:

This is very true. The student body strongly wishes the rivalry to come back. Myself included.
AGinHI
AG
GoodAg Paulie said:

Ag CPA said:

I almost guarantee this.
So Carolina plays Clemson, the Florida school play consistently, Iowa vs Iowa State yearly.......its good for the game and fan bases to play these in state games

Penn State and Pitt went 16 years or so without playing. That game arguably had greater implication than our own rivalry.

Their fan bases and the game itself seemed to get a long just fine.
Threadbare
Ag said:

For a variety of reasons I don't think the views on this this board necessarily represent most Ags.
Gosh, one can only hope (on this and almost every other subject...)
coupland boy
AG
Ag CPA said:

On this one i have the opposite experience. I correspond with many die hard Ags and while the hate is still there the belief is that it is best to let them fester in the conference they made at least a little while longer.
Ian Neff
AG
If they lose to mizzou, they'll have losIng seasons in 5 of the last 8 years.

Can we please just do our best NOT TO MESS WITH THAT?
Reno Hightower
Deloss said we lost the 'privilege' to play 'sip when we joined the SEC. So be it!
California Ag 90
AG
first GBH claims we 'deserved' to have sumlin leave for the NFL if we won out last season because of 'how badly' he'd been treated by the fans.

now they want to renew our role on the sip plantation after finally breaking free from that disaster of a conference and so-called rivalry.

i don't know why anybody clicks their trolling garbage. just my view.

zmurda
Get on and flood the comments with nos....who the **** wants this GD game back?!
Smokintio
AG
gocobra said:

what? >90% of Aggies polled want the game back?

I really doubt that is a valid poll.

GBH has gone rogue.
This is who is running the poll "https://utexas.qualtrics.com". That should 'splain it!
DayAg!
S
Quote:

...its good for the game and fan bases to play these in state games
First, no one outside the state of Texas gives a sheit about the game. So the game really just doesnt care if they play or not. Second there are a few on here that keep parroting this song and dance about everyone they talk to wants the game back. I'm calling BS and I mean total BS on that statement. See the dems thought that they were right about Killery becoming president but how'd that work out for em. When it came time,everyone found out that they were wrong. Same scenario here. You can shout that crap from the rooftop but that doesnt make it true.

One last time. tu needs a marquee game. They dont have one. Even the Red River pillow fight gets crap for ratings. They cant fill their stadium anymore. And they have a dwindling t-shirt fan base that arent buying tickets at HEB for 5 bucks. They cant even GIVE enough away to get the stadium full. Why in the world would some of you want to see tu control the narrative in any way. Why give them a chance. It's bad enough now, and they dont even play, but the media continues to dis A&M every chance that comes along. Some of you clowns just cant see when something smacks you in the face. They are dieing on the vine. You shouldnt take your foot off your opponents neck until he stops squirming. Buncha dense fkers.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.