Is Tom Herman too tough?

8,589 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ArcticPenguin
Aggie Joe 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's next? Hard hitting no nonsense non biased sport talk topics such as "Is Herman too smart?", "Is tu too good a job?", "Why tu is the best program ever."
W
AG
the problem...Herman is running off his best players.

you, um, kind of want to do the opposite
DifferenceMaker Ag
Just clearing out space for his bumper crop of DBs and WRs.
DallasAg 94
wbt5845 said:

CoachLB said:

The problem is Herman is fake tough. Talks tough, yells to sit the **** up, carries a bad off the bus. Tough coaches do not have to do that kind of stuff. Toughness is not yelling and screaming. It is not gimmicks like carrying the bat etc. Being tough is demanding your players do the right things the right way. Players see through this tough act kind of stuff really fast.

This.

Landry was one of the toughest guys around and rarely raised his voice. Saban cuts his players to slivers in a voice barely louder than a whisper. Coach Lineweaver at Euless Trinity was as tough as they come and rarely yelled.

The players know who the really tough coaches are.
Many of the coaches I feared could and would raise their voice. To your point, though... you always wanted their voice raised, because when it wasn't... that is what you feared. "He is so mad, he won't even raise his voice." :-(
CoachLB
Yeah, all coaches yell some. But you are right. When most coaches yell they are just trying to get a players attention or make point When they are really mad it usually does not come out in yelling.
OPAG
AG
watching the hermanator is like watching someone with the WWE!.

RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
I had a coach who would scream at us and grab our face masks and shake it up and down when he asked us if we were stupid after making mistakes. I was scared as hell of him... but I was in 8th grade and our town was crazy about football. He could have broken my neck doing that and people in town would have been like, "Well that was obviously a turn out block and you gotta get hot in the hole or else they're going to run all over our asses. Not coaches fault you're a dumbass with a weak chicken neck."
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
jel_2002 said:

Why does this whole think look like he's about to go into the ring at WWE Raw...? Oh yeah, because his toughness is a real as wrestling.
aTm2004
AG
AgStuckinLBK said:

I had a coach who would scream at us and grab our face masks and shake it up and down when he asked us if we were stupid after making mistakes. I was scared as hell of him... but I was in 8th grade and our town was crazy about football. He could have broken my neck doing that and people in town would have been like, "Well that was obviously a turn out block and you gotta get hot in the hole or else they're going to run all over our asses. Not coaches fault you're a dumbass with a weak chicken neck."
I had a coach in HS that would grab our face masks and do that. He would also occasionally go on a yelling rant dropping f-bombs, and then when he was finished, in a calm voice, he'd say "Well god d*** guys, I'm sorry you had to hear that," and then he'd coach us how to do better.

On a non-related note, he was a little "off" and was in special ed programs growing up, but the dude was like a genius when it came to math. It would take him 10 minutes to read a page of a book, but put some calculus problem on the board and he'd solve it in about 30 seconds by just looking at it.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
jokershady
AG
Our 7th grade football coach always had us sing a little diddle on the bus...he'd yell each line then we'd repeat it...with all the windows down...as we parked at the school we were playing at:

YELLOW BIRD WITH A YELLOW BILL
SITTIN ON MY WINDOW SILL
LURE HIM WITH A PIECE OF BREAD
THEN I SMASH HIS ****IN HEAD

He was the type that always said if I'm not yelling at you, then you should be concerned...cause that means I don't think you can get any better.

Edit: he now has a Ph.D....
80s Guy
OPAG said:

What Tommy thinks he is...

What we see...

DayAg!
S
Is just me or does his wife look like she has quite the time while he is out of town.
ArcticPenguin
80s Guy said:

OPAG said:

What Tommy thinks he is...

What we see...

rude to the little guy because I think the guy in the bottom pick would whoop hermensa's ass and laugh the entire time
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.