Headline in the Waco paper....not bitter at all.

17,089 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Artimus Gordon
80s Guy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
88jrt06 said:

80s Guy said:

this

"All in all, you're just another p_rick with no wall...."

The worst part is they couldn't even spring for the color screw heads so the chrome didn't show!
Celee04
AG
GAC06 said:

I think he's the guy that raised up, took his shirt off, and swished it around his head like a helicopter.
He took his 12th man TOWEL out... not shirt. Common misconception
BiochemAg97
AG
redd38 said:

The Notorious A.G.G.I.E. said:

Quote:

Randolph Duke
Dec. 4 @ 6:12 p.m. | Registered Texas Tribune User
Matt, the $57 million you claim as "profit" can be found on the TAMU Jan 2017 NCAA financial report taken from your "Ballpark Figures" story. Here is your link to that report. https://s3.amazonaws.com/raw.texastribune.org/college_sports/2015-2016/ncaa-texas-am-2015-2016.pdf Notice item #56 is "Athletics Related Capital Expenditures." That is the Kyle Field payment. The amount? $57,073,263. So the entire premise of your story is wrong. TAMU athletics generated ZERO free cash flow last year. Every dime of income was either consumed by operating expenses or capital expenditures. I look forward to your correction.

I don't understand the end game here. Is he trying to prove that we have no money and therefore cannot afford nice things? Because that ship has sailed, it has been shown that we can afford to buy whatever the f*** we want.
Randy claims the 57 mil for cap ex is for Kyle Field payment. A couple lines further down, the report shows the annual debt service of $24.3 mil. Meaning $32.8 mil went to paying for new CapEx rather than making debt payments. The annual debt service line also indicates it was $8,149,882 the year before. So from that, we can conclude the actual debt payment for KF is about $16.2 mil, which makes sense, given 30 years of that is in the ballpark of the Kyle Field renovation.

Also interesting that lines 54 (athletics endowment) and 55 (institutional endowment) both nearly doubled from '15 to '16.

TLDR: we are buying nice things and are growing our bank account for the future.
dixichkn
AG
jja79 said:

I've heard educated, very successful Baylor business people say it was Alabama, Ohio State, et al that orchestrated the Briles thing to bring down the most powerful college football program in America. It was driven by Saban and Meyer's fear of Baylor.
Artimus Gordon
Like clockwork they trot out the, "it's hurting education" whine when A&M does something. It never fails. It's an idiot trigger that sips disguised as bear socks like to throw into the comments section.

If the bears can't keep up financially then they need to go to austin and demand a share of lost revenue caused by the LHN. If they don't get satisfaction then they and the other conference runts should band together and sue the Longhorns for damages caused by the LHN. Get that fatted cow out of the conference trough.

And that folks is why we left. The jones can't keep up with the big johnsons. And some of you want to crawl back in bed with those bedbugs?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.