Sips lose another starter

10,009 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by RikkiTikkaTagem
William K. Klingaman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
i know things have been trending this way, but is it normal for a team to have so many players decide not to play in their bowl game because of the draft?

must be because it's a crappy bowl, they are 6-6, and nobody really cares.
William K. Klingaman
AgStuckinLBK said:

goodAg80 said:

They are leaving out of love for their head coach.

These guys didn't want to see what Herman had in store for them when they opened their bowl gift boxes.

Sexual assault right there
William K. Klingaman
Your Friend said:

Wasn't a starter
[url=http://www.texasfootball.com/the-50-most-important-college-players-in-texas-in-2016-no-16-texas-chris-warren/][/url]
Dave Campbell seemed to think he was all-world behind Foreman in 2016
Mr Global Warming
Threa said:

but not totally surprising. There usually is some attrition with a new coach.
How many starters will A&M have skipping our bowl game next year?
technoviking
AG
Mr Global Warming said:

Threa said:

but not totally surprising. There usually is some attrition with a new coach.
How many starters will A&M have skipping our bowl game next year?

There's a difference between having a weirdo like Tom Herman come in and a proven coach like jimbo come in. We'll see if Sumlin's players take to jimbo. Clearly Strong's players did not take to tommy boy.
Red Rover
AG
No let's hear the sip out and let him answer the question. These things happen all the time, right?
agdad4x
not many because all of them will want to be part of a national champion!

(we can dream can't we)
technoviking
AG
Right! Right. Carry on...
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

The thing I find most incredible is....these non senior longhorns most of them have never even been to a bowl game and certainly never played in one, so they are giving up their one and only chance.

If they were freshmen in 2014 and redshirted they did not play anyway in the Arky bowl.
If they were freshman in 2015 they've never even been to a bowl game before.

Aggies that might be early entries at least have been to bowl games (A&M has gone bowling for 9 consecutive years). They've all played in at least one if not more.

Your Friend
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Poona might barely crack our 2-deep.

Might.

That's obvious given yalls stellar rush defense
jja79
AG
I thought Ford played well when I watched. He'll get a look.

It hard really to tell how good you are though when you play Maryland, SJSU, Baylor, Tech, KU, KSU and ISU. That's 7 lay downs right there. If you can go 2-3 in the other 5 there's really no excuse for being less than 9-3 at Texas even in a bad year.
Joe Exotic
AG
Your Friend said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Might.

It's better than yours. Imagine what yours would look like if you had to play SEC running teams?

Your Friend
Of course it is
MetoliusAg
Espn's Kiper and Mcshay give their draft eval on MeekLeak:

Quote:

At 6-foot-3 and 240 pounds, he has NFL size...

But he has technique deficiencies and doesn't play to his size. He needs to get stronger and continue to improve his ability to diagnose and attack plays.
Science Denier
AG
Your Friend said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Might.

Our defense played the #10, #14, #19, #22 and #31 rushing offenses in the country
The highest ranked rushing offense sippy played was #27. Hell, Maryland ran a train on your worthless run defense.
Science Denier
AG
jja79 said:

I thought Ford played well when I watched. He'll get a look.

It hard really to tell how good you are though when you play Maryland, SJSU, Baylor, Tech, KU, KSU and ISU. That's 7 lay downs right there. If you can go 2-3 in the other 5 there's really no excuse for being less than 9-3 at Texas even in a bad year.
Oops. FIFY
Joe Exotic
AG
Your Friend said:

Of course it is

You need to accept the fact that your T-shirt football team sucks and your program is behind ours
marble rye
AG
Kool said:

What's with declaring for the draft early AND skipping the bowl game? Is this a new entitlement phenomenon?

You can thank JaDaveon Clowny. Granted, he saw his friend Lattimore have a career ending injury.
DifferenceMaker Ag
marble rye said:

Kool said:

What's with declaring for the draft early AND skipping the bowl game? Is this a new entitlement phenomenon?

You can thank JaDaveon Clowny. Granted, he saw his friend Lattimore have a career ending injury.
Clowney...... Everyone on the entire sip roster

One of these things is not like the others.

Makes me laugh that the sips actually believe those ******* are sitting out to protect their "draft" status. The only draft most of them will experience will be coming out of the north.
MetoliusAg
Quote:

When your projected left tackle is TBD JUCO that has yet to agree play for Texas and the rest of the linemen are guys even the most loyal apologists spent the year blaming for the lack of success on offense you have real problems.

On defense to describe several of the players replacing guys departing for he NFL he used "not terrible". Certainly one has to assume some drop off in level of play from the unit that carried the team to bowl eligibility.

You have the real potential to see an overall drop in roster talent from a team that went 6-6. I am not sure what your expectations are but for me as a Texas fan that is really $#@!ing concerning.
Even some of the shag's perennial sunshine pumpers are starting to talk about the cracks appearing in the hull of the S.S. Coach Mensa.

Iceberg ahead.
jja79
AG
You don't think Maryland and Tech are layups?
NORMANGEAN94
Now THAT'S funny. Well done sir...
MetoliusAg
#1 juco tackle Badara Traore received a visit from ClearPee Mensa today.

The young giant OT doesnt look impressed by the promises & lies Herman told him.

Or maybe it's the pre-game kissing by Herman and Herman's obsession with the color of his pee that made him frown.

Traore is being recruited by several top programs. The only reason he is considering Texas is he knows how crappy their OL is.

At good programs he'll have to work hard to win a starting job. At Texas he only has to beat a couple of
scrub spares who got their asses kicked the Tech dline.

who?mikejones
AG
etcetera said:

#1 juco tackle Badara Traore received a visit from ClearPee Mensa today.

The young giant OT doesnt look impressed by the promises & lies Herman told him.

Or maybe it's the pre-game kissing by Herman and Herman's obsession with the color of his pee that made him frown.

Traore is being recruited by several top programs. The only reason he is considering Texas is he knows how crappy their OL is.

At good programs he'll have to work hard to win a starting job. At Texas he only has to beat a couple of
scrub spares who got their asses kicked the Tech dline.

Ankles look pretty weak
These are my people, Americans.
Threadbare
BernArnold said:

The thing I find most incredible is....these non senior longhorns most of them have never even been to a bowl game and certainly never played in one, so they are giving up their one and only chance.

If they were freshmen in 2014 and redshirted they did not play anyway in the Arky bowl.
If they were freshman in 2015 they've never even been to a bowl game before.

Aggies that might be early entries at least have been to bowl games (A&M has gone bowling for 9 consecutive years). They've all played in at least one if not more.

I hate that this is becoming a thing, but I think you're going to see more and more of it.

For these second tier bowls capping off .500 seasons, I won't be surprised to see it become increasingly prevalent.
OPAG
AG
Bad ass Tom "the Hermanator" at the helm of the sip program.

https://tenor.com/view/wheels-fall-off-f1-formula-gif-5328380
Potcake
AG
Quote:

Or it could be that Tom has a vice hold on the dudes ass cheek.
Hobbes01
AG
Badara Traore committed to LSU. Guess Herman didn't impress him much.

Heard the other JUCO tackle that they are targeting out of Cali also recently received an offer from UCLA. Thought is he will likely stay close to home and choose UCLA. Keep searching coach!
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
DeShon Elliot got an agent so he's definitely done.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.