Kyle Allen at Houston

15,620 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Threadbare
Threadbare
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does he stay? Can't he be a graduate transfer?

Postma (the kid that replaced him as the starter) was a senior, but King (the current starter) was only a sophomore. Does Allen stay and compete for the job, or go somewhere like Sam Houston State and try to rack up some numbers for the draft?

(AFR because he used to play football for the Aggies...)

[No it isn't. Move to Old Rivalries from Aggie Football. -Staff]
Jock 07
AG
WGAS?
Liquid Wrench
Just for some weird entertainment value, I'd like to see him transfer so I can read about the new coach he has a strong personal relationship with.
usmcbrooks
He made is bed....
ClassOf17
Don't care we have Starkel!

Take it to the UH board
StrykerAg
AG
Username checks out because this thread is bare
TexanJeff
AG
Are his parents on this Board? If they aren't I can't imagine why anyone here would care too much. He is an Aggie but he is also playing for another team no matter what.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Kyle is a good kid. NFL isn't in his future.
Threadbare
Would Herman take him twice?
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
TexanJeff said:

He is an Aggie

Is he?
Reservoir Dog
Threadbare said:

Does he stay? Can't he be a graduate transfer?

Postma (the kid that replaced him as the starter) was a senior, but King (the current starter) was only a sophomore. Does Allen stay and compete for the job, or go somewhere like Sam Houston State and try to rack up some numbers for the draft?

(AFR because he used to play football for the Aggies...)

I'm interests as well TB to see how this plays out. It seemed like a rash decision on Kyle's part to leave so abruptly.

Could have been going to the league this year if he'd have managed this more effectively.
MetoliusAg
Threadbare said:

Would Herman take him twice?
Interesting question. They would desperately need an experienced reserve Qb if Buechele leaves, and presumably Kyle Allen already knows most of Herman/Beck's #107-in-the-nation offense. Frankly, Kyle Allen might even be able to beat Ehlinger out for the #1 qb spot.
Sponge
AG
KA can be a grad transfer to wherever Spav ended up.
leardriver
AG
I don't wish any ill for KA., though KM is a different matter.

After all KA's adventures, I would think he might want to go back home as a grad transfer to AU or ASU.

Sometimes if you want a different answer, you have to ask a different question.
Threadbare
I don't know what to make of him, anymore. He was 31-33 against Rice. Rice was pretty bad, but 31-33 running routes without a defense is still pretty good.

Then, he looked awful against Tech.

I can still imagine him pulling it together enough to have a decent year and get drafted, and I can imagine him just disappearing.

I would love to know what happened at UH. I can't believe he got benched after 1 loss and never made it back onto the field (as far as I'm aware).
MetoliusAg
Sponge said:

KA can be a grad transfer to wherever Spav ended up.
WVU, who presumably could be interested as well.

Anyway, best of luck to KA.
Post removed:
by user
Slicer97
AG
Appletits didn't like the number of turnovers (and the decision-making that led to them) so he was benched in favor of qbs with better decision-making abilities.
Threadbare
SoupNazi2001 said:

Countless idiots in the zoo think he is NFL talent and he was benched at UofH. Tells you everything you need to know about zoo talent evaluators.
I was never very impressed with him here; he had about 5 good games, and a few horrible ones to go with it.

But, he's got the size and the arm strength, and, if he went somewhere and had a good year, I don't know if you could count him out.
bigcat22
AG
Always thought he was meh on the field and a primadonna off the field. Don't wish bad on him or KM but glad both are gone
mpaggie06
AG
Kids with less/worse experience have spent time in the NFL. NFL talent doesn't mean the next Tom Brady. He's way low on the maturity/confidence spectrum; likely a product of being told you WERE Tom Brady your whole life and being protected from actual strife.
romanagg11
WHEN kylie decided to bolt for ou, KA should have stayed and he would have been a good backup for starkel. Oh well, life is full of surprises. Good luck kid.
TexanJeff
AG
Reservoir Dog said:

TexanJeff said:

Are his parents on this Board? If they aren't I can't imagine why anyone here would care too much. He is an Aggie but he is also playing for another team no matter what.

So, it appears your a dick to a lot of folks on this board. Thats neither very Aggie or Texan of you.

Not a lot of folks. Typically just people who post random ass threads no one cares about who don't have Ag tags and are just junking up the board with the same thread that is already on the front page (sometimes multiple times). And lots of people are dicks to these types. Hell the second post on this thread is "Who Gives a *****".

We just had literally the most exciting thing happen in our football program, why junk up the board with all these random threads?
Arthur Stilwell
romanagg11 said:

WHEN kylie decided to bolt for ou, KA should have stayed and he would have been a good backup for starkel. Oh well, life is full of surprises. Good luck kid.
Allen announced his decision to transfer before Murray.
zmurda
He's still a thing? Who knew...
Ag_EE
AG
Who?
GarryowenAg
AG
OP is Yoman's sock. Flagged OP
rlb28
AG
Jock 07 said:

WGAS?

There's always these guys ^^^ who are so annoying. WGAS? It's a msg board where ppl ask questions and communicate and debate.
Bison
AG
KM got to a CFP before Trill, KA, or Sumlin. If Mayfield goes down and he comes in and saves them, we'll never hear the end of it.
Foxo
AG
TexanJeff said:

Reservoir Dog said:

TexanJeff said:

So, it appears your a dick to a lot of folks on this board. Thats neither very Aggie or Texan of you.

Not a lot of folks. Typically just people who post random ass threads no one cares about who don't have Ag tags and are just junking up the board with the same thread that is already on the front page (sometimes multiple times). And lots of people are dicks to these types. Hell the second post on this thread is "Who Gives a *****".

We just had literally the most exciting thing happen in our football program, why junk up the board with all these random threads?
But you replied to his random junk thread !
bigcat22
AG
Or just a kid who peaked at 19 and will end up telling people how he can throw a football over them mountains one day
Mr. Black
Ah, Kyle Allen... that guy can turn the football over with the best of 'em!
1876er
AG
romanagg11 said:

Allen left first. Kyler actually considered staying. Allen threatened to leave after his freshman year too.

I don't think Kyler is near the boogie man this board thinks he is. If a 34 year old first year coach can deal with the Murray's, why couldn't our experienced CEO coach do it?
shihitemuslim
AG
Regardless, I bet Kyle Allen transfers to a school like
Sam Houston State. I can't imagine him going agains regular D1 lineman anymore.
91AggieLawyer
AG
I don't think he has any eligibility left. He spent 2 years with us and one with Cougar high and sat out a year.

Is that incorrect?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.