Go Oklahoma

8,357 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MyComputerCareer
Synopsis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Win it all.
BANA89
AG
Uh, no
BANA Class of '86/'89 - Living in Aggieland!
MyComputerCareer
Lololol, Bama losing yesterday was the worst outcome possible for the bdf. As per usual, you'll need to wait for the back door to open. A one loss (to ISU) ou vs a one loss Bama (to AU) not a very difficult decision. Focus on your make-believe chamionship game. No guarantee you can even beat tcu 2x
owenfieldreams
Let's see...OU has 3 wins over teams rated in the top 10 when they played and 2 of Those wins were on the road. Alabama has dominated a weak SEC West until they ran into an Auburn made infinitely better with a Big 12 QB @ the controls. Hurts would be 3rd string at OU behind Mayfield and K YLER Murray. The Tide have been exposed.
jja79
AG
I'll give you that OU is good but no one knows how good. They haven't played a good team since Ohio State. Oklahoma State is dreadful and TCU has played one real game all year.
MyComputerCareer
owenfieldreams said:

Let's see...OU has 3 wins over teams rated in the top 10 when they played and 2 of Those wins were on the road. Alabama has dominated a weak SEC West until they ran into an Auburn made infinitely better with a Big 12 QB @ the controls. Hurts would be 3rd string at OU behind Mayfield and K YLER Murray. The Tide have been exposed.

"When they played"?!?! Does not matter. Its how they finish. You now sound like whorn counting moral victories. The bdf qualifiers never end. You'll wait to see how the CFB chips fall, its your lot in the bdf.
racerfink
ISU just lost to KState last night, you dipsh*t.
BoomGoesThe
owenfieldreams said:

Let's see...until they ran into an Auburn made infinitely better with a Big 12 QB @ the controls. Hurts would be 3rd string at OU behind Mayfield and K YLER Murray.

A Big XII qb? Well, I guess congratulations will be in order for Texas Tech next month when their QB wins the Heisman Trophy; and your back-up QB is a SEC QB.

Also, your 2000 National Championship team was made infinitely better with a SNOW COLLEGE quarterback taking the snaps. You're an idiot.
Synopsis
OU going to the playoffs!
Synopsis
Baron von Waffle said:

owenfieldreams said:

"When they played"?!?! Does not matter. Its how they finish. You now sound like whorn counting moral victories. The bdf qualifiers never end. You'll wait to see how the CFB chips fall, its your lot in the bdf.

OU is just fine and sitting well.
Synopsis
BoomGoesThe said:

owenfieldreams said:

Let's see...until they ran into an Auburn made infinitely better with a Big 12 QB @ the controls. Hurts would be 3rd string at OU behind Mayfield and K YLER Murray.

A Big XII qb? Well, I guess congratulations will be in order for Texas Tech next month when their QB wins the Heisman Trophy; and your back-up QB is a SEC QB.

Also, your 2000 National Championship team was made infinitely better with a SNOW COLLEGE quarterback taking the snaps. You're an idiot.

It stings being mediocre right?
MetoliusAg
owenfieldreams said:

Alabama has dominated a weak SEC West until they ran into an Auburn made infinitely better with a Big 12 QB @ the controls.
Imbecile sooner: did you notice he is 2 years older and more physically mature, yet he didnt throw for a kajillion yds like he did when he was an inexperienced true freshman playing against the crap DL's and crap defenses in your pos conference? No, you didnt notice. Your inbred meth-addled brain is the size of a dried pea.
Quote:

Hurts would be 3rd string at OU behind Mayfield and K YLER Murray. The Tide have been exposed.
Please tell me you aren't really this stupid. Are all Sooner fans as dumb**** stupid as you?
MetoliusAg
Synopsis said:

Stick your chest out, bearkat.
MyComputerCareer
Synopsis said:

Hopes and dreams =/= reality
owenfieldreams
Once again the standard rebuttal is to brag on the SEC. The fact is the Big 12 is a QB league. The former Baylor QB is far and away the best QB in the SEC. Having watched my Sooners dismantle Auburn in the Sugar Bowl I can say with confidence that if Stidham had been the Auburn QB in that game I'm not sure we would have won. Stidham was the difference in yesterday's Iron Bowl.
MetoliusAg
owenfieldreams said:

The fact is the Big 12 is a QB league. The former Baylor QB is far and away the best QB in the SEC.
Finally you have posted something semi-intelligent. The B12 has good qbs...and ****ty defenses, ****ty OL's, ****ty DL's, and ****ty lb's.

The SEC is an OL / Rb / Wr / DL / Lb / Cb / Safety league. Bad qb's.
Pooh Ah
AG
I will enjoy watching the officiating in the bag 'title' Game.

tcu is ****ed
TCSD84
Pulling for tcu but there's no way refs are going to let that happen. Serves Patterson right for reupping with those losers.
MyComputerCareer
owenfieldreams said:

Once again the standard rebuttal is to brag on the SEC. The fact is the Big 12 is a QB league. The former Baylor QB is far and away the best QB in the SEC. Having watched my Sooners dismantle Auburn in the Sugar Bowl I can say with confidence that if Stidham had been the Auburn QB in that game I'm not sure we would have won. Stidham was the difference in yesterday's Iron Bowl.

And yet you're still here, now fluffing a former baylor (now completley contradicting your former position w/r/t conference affilation) qb that started ~4 games before Xfring. What you mistake for bdf QB's are actually Texas QB's. Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss all now have them along with the hot garbage known as the bdf. Look, the talent drain from the bdf is evident on draft day. I assume you're here b/c despite what you may say, you obviously value brutal honesty. The long term trajectory for your program is 90's level quality. The longer you toil in the bdf, the faster you'll get there.
sows
Baron von Waffle said:

A one loss (to ISU) ou vs a one loss Bama (to AU) not a very difficult decision.
Bama didn't win their division. They don't deserve a spot based on resume and performance. That said, I hope they get in....would like to play them again. They are on outside looking in though.

Gramercy Riffs
AG
I'm not saying they should or shouldn't get in this year, but they didn't win their division a few years ago when they ended up winning the national championship. Believe it or not, it is possible for two of the top four teams in the country to come from the same division.
sows
Gramercy Riffs said:

I'm not saying they should or shouldn't get in this year, but they didn't win their division a few years ago when they ended up winning the national championship. Believe it or not, it is possible for two of the top four teams in the country to come from the same division.
The rematch you talk about was a bit of a joke. Bama got a mulligan. Oklahoma St. should have played LSU that year, imo.

I agree that two of top four could come from same conference. The point is, Alabama isn't one of the top four teams THIS year. That said, the committee is doing everything it can to get two SEC teams in and it could happen. Not surprising considering the committee's ties to ESPN and Espn's ties to SEC.
goodAg80
AG
sows said:

Baron von Waffle said:

A one loss (to ISU) ou vs a one loss Bama (to AU) not a very difficult decision.
Bama didn't win their division. They don't deserve a spot based on resume and performance. That said, I hope they get in....would like to play them again. They are on outside looking in though.

Top 4 teams should go.

Auburn
Bama
Georgia
Clemson
CajunAg86
sows said:

Baron von Waffle said:

ou didn't win their division either.
MJ20/20
AG
Mississippi State coasts to a Big 12 title this year. Is the West down this year? Yes, but keep it in perspective.
sows
Miss St is a non factor every season, but nice try.

Clemson and OU is my pick for the final.

Gramercy Riffs
AG

Quote:

The rematch you talk about was a bit of a joke. Bama got a mulligan. Oklahoma St. should have played LSU that year, imo.
Didn't Oklahoma State lose to Iowa State late in the year? In that case, you're okay with giving OSU a mulligan for that game, but it bothers you that Bama got one when their only loss was to the team ranked #1 at the end? Again, not saying you're right or wrong - I just want to make sure we're all clear on the point you're making. It sounds like an anti-SEC take more than a true "mulligan" complaint.

Quote:

The point is, Alabama isn't one of the top four teams THIS year.
I think an argument can be made either way. We have to put our trust in the committee to make the right choice, and I'm glad I don't have to be a part of it, because this seems like the toughest year so far when it comes to picking four teams.

Quote:

That said, the committee is doing everything it can to get two SEC teams in

I honestly don't see that being the case. The rankings seem pretty fair 1-4 as of this week, and if all four of those teams win, we won't have a problem. But if someone loses, it gets pretty tough.

If you're looking at losses, Bama has a solid argument. Their only loss came to another playoff team. If we can agree that Clemson (despite its loss to Syracuse) and Auburn (despite its TWO losses) deserve to get in, along with an undefeated Wisconsin, we've only got one spot to fill. Oklahoma lost to Iowa State, but they've looked pretty sharp lately. I think they deserve to get in.

But what if Ohio State beats Wisconsin? Do the Buckeyes deserve to get in over Bama? Ohio State has two losses, and one of them was an inexcusable blowout to Iowa. Miami lost to Pitt. How would either of those teams deserve to round out the top 4 over Bama if Wisconsin loses this weekend? Other than someone saying they just don't want two teams from the same conference, especially if it's the SEC, I'm just not sure there's a good reason to keep them out. They've got as solid an argument as anyone for the fourth spot (again, assuming a Wisconsin loss).

Thoughts?

sows
Yes OSU did lose to ISU.
It bothers me that we got a lame rematch in title game. Bama had their shot at LSU at home and blew it. It was unfair to LSU iMO to have to play them again. I personally would have rather seen OSU play LSU, I don't even like OSU you understand?

I can agree to disagree on Bama. They don't look like a top 4 team this year to me. Especially down the stretch.

There are 3 SEC teams in top 6. I think there is a lot of bias on committee. That's why Bama is in the on deck spot. I think they'd have no problem taking two SEC teams and it could happen.

Gramercy Riffs
AG
sows said:

That's why Bama is in the on deck spot. I think they'd have no problem taking two SEC teams and it could happen.

Quote:

It bothers me that we got a lame rematch in title game. Bama had their shot at LSU at home and blew it. It was unfair to LSU iMO to have to play them again.
That's a fair take. I don't like rematches in general. I just don't think OSU was a more deserving team at that point. Maybe someone else, I don't remember who the other good teams were. At a time when you're only picking two teams, one of those teams should never be one that lost to Iowa State.

Quote:

I can agree to disagree on Bama. They don't look like a top 4 team this year to me. Especially down the stretch.
I think Bama's problem is the lack of quality wins. Not exactly their fault, but it is what it is. They've absolutely rolled the teams that should have have rolled. But unfortunately for them, the FSU win means nothing now. Throw in closer than expected games against A&M and Miss St, and you've got a point. But then I look at Ohio State, and their year has played out much the same way. The 1-point PSU win isn't as big as we all thought at the time, although it's better than Bama's FSU win. The rest of the OSU schedule turned out to be trash. They played one other good team (OU) and got beat. I understand that Bama may not "look like" a top 4 team to you, and I'm not sure that I'd disagree, but I wish there was a clear cut team who looks better. After Clemson and maybe Auburn, every team has a flaw or a black mark on their schedule.

Quote:

There are 3 SEC teams in top 6. I think there is a lot of bias on committee.
I look at all the teams in the top 10, and I think of what the possible results would be if any two teams played each other. Throw conference affiliation out the window (and that's tough for anyone to do, I know). I'm just not sure that those three teams don't deserve to be in the top 6. The SEC overall was a disappointment this year, but those three teams are legit. I honestly think any of the three would have a strong chance to beat Miami, OSU, PSU, USC, TCU, Stanford, etc. With that in mind, I'm not sure who squeezes into the top 6 ahead of them. I don't think that necessarily points to a biased committee.

At any rate, fair points on both sides. Should be a fun weekend and playoff season.
Synopsis
etcetera said:

Synopsis said:

Stick your chest out, bearkat.

Will do!
Synopsis
CajunAg86 said:

sows said:

Baron von Waffle said:

ou didn't win their division either.

They play for it this weekend against TCU.
sows
Gramercy Riffs said:

I understand that Bama may not "look like" a top 4 team to you, and I'm not sure that I'd disagree, but I wish there was a clear cut team who looks better.

Well put and thanks for the post.
I agree regarding Ohio st v Bama. Bama will get in if it's between them and they should. Personally I'd rather OU play Alabama anyway. We've already beaten Ohio st. and I like a potential matchup with Bama.

If OU wins Saturday I think we'll draw winner of SEC. Indeed it will be a fun weekend. Cheers

MyComputerCareer
sows said:

Baron von Waffle said:

The CFB committee doesn't rely on the fairness doctrine (evidenced by 2016 tOSU precedent) because they understand not all resumes are created equal. You lost to an average ISU, and the rest of your conference competition is trash. You either get in and will be exposed again or the comittee holds the bdf accountable for the G5 it is. You should be an OSU fan this weekend, but then again, if Wisconsin loses Bama is right there with 2 SEC teams likely in. T&P in your make-believe playoff.
MyComputerCareer
sows said:

There are 3 SEC teams in top 6. I think there is a lot of bias on committee. That's why Bama is in the on deck spot. I think they'd have no problem taking two SEC teams and it could happen.

No statement better captures the paradox of the bdf homer:
3 SEC teams in the top 6 = "The committee is biased" 2 (or less) SEC teams in the top 6 = "The SEC is so overrated" or "the SEC is down"

So much butt hurt from the bdf. Obsession noted.

Synopsis
I'm certainly no BDF homer. Overall, the conference sucks. and believe the SEC is probably the best conference in football. i actually hate the big XII. I like my Sooners, but again, Texas its a FAR superior state and I love everything about Texas. Oklahoma Is where I grew up, but beyond that and OU football, I am a Texan through and through. God bless Texas. Best state in the country.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.