Ronnie Mund Will Be Cheering For UT Saturday

3,878 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DatTallArchitect
switzerland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"I dedicated my life to helping poor, starving and uneducated orphans in Calcutta. The one thing that kept their hopes and dreams alive was the simple fact they realized they would never have to live in Oklahoma". - Mother Theresa

At this point I would take 6 of those malnourished teenage orphans and use one to replace our kicker and the other five can take over for our offensive line. In all my years of watching football I have never seen a worse group of lineman. Ehlinger will not survive this and it looks like he is already suffering from ptsd. Play calling in the huddle is pretty simple though. "I am going to run for my life to the left this time. On two. Ready...break".

Oklahoma State. Led by a coach who clearly has struggled with his gender identity. I wish President Trump would build his wall along the Red River instead of the Rio Grande. If he has any money left over he can take it along the Sabine as well.

I feel like we will get a great effort from the Horns this week as the players and officials know that the playoff committee will be meeting shortly for the first round of rankings. I'm afraid another loss could knock us out of the top 5 and it may be hard to climb back in before the end of the season. Given this I expect an easy win. A loud sell out crowd will witness total domination and the Horns winning 85-11.

Enjoy the stress free weekend Ags.

OPAG
AG
Hey Swiss, are you going to fess up and claim that this new 'sip' "Chosen One" is really your "troll sock" to liven up this dying board?
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Ehlinger will not survive this and it looks like he is already suffering from ptsd. Play calling in the huddle is pretty simple though. "I am going to run for my life to the left this time. On two. Ready...break".
Thanks for the morning giggle.
hillcountryag86
AG
How does he come up with this stuff? Funnier the more times I read it.
Ronnie Mund
hillcountryag86 said:

How does he come up with this stuff? Funnier the more times I read it.

No idea. But I agree, it's HILARIOUS.
hillcountryag86
AG
Wish Swiss was on our side. Maybe he is??
goodAg80
AG
Quote:

Ronnie Mund Will Be Cheering For UT Saturday

Sublime.

Dangling the UT bait out there for the OR piranha.
CajunAg97
AG
DifferenceMaker Ag
goodAg80
AG
So all ****s and giggles aside, who wins this game?
MetoliusAg
OkieSt is ranked, so that means if it is a competitive game, it counts as another victory for the 5-0 sips.

Perennial cfb doormat Maryland was unranked, so that loss would have counted if it hadn't been a preseason game.
bdb85
AG
Thank you Swiss for another outstanding effort!
goodAg80
AG
Quote:

Quote:
Alex Dunlap

I think Texas can win this game if it plays its best game of the season on the defensive side of the football and if the offensive tackles hold up on the edge to keep Ehlinger relatively clean as they did against K-State. With two of the offense's best weapons in Armanti Foreman and Collin Johnson demoted, though, I'm also not sure that Texas has the firepower to keep up with the weapons in the stable for OSU.

Oklahoma State 34 - Texas 24

Geoff Ketchum

I think Oklahoma State is a perfectly fine football team. Great college quarterback. A better wide receiver. A running game that can gut a defense. It's a team that absolutely registers as one of the best in college football on the offensive side of the ball. However, Texas has played teams already this season that are at least Oklahoma State's equal, both on the road and on a neutral field, and both times it was on the cusp of a victory and just couldn't close. I think Texas closes the deal this weekend in what amounts to a season-saving challenge. In Sam Ehlinger and Todd Orlando, I trust.

Texas 34 - Oklahoma State 31

Dustin McComas

Is the Texas defense, specifically the secondary and pass-rush, up to the challenge? Because the challenge is, depending where you look, the No. 1 or No. 2 offense in the country.

If the Longhorns win this game, a few things have to happen. First, they have to hit Mason Rudolph early, and at least fairly often because if they do, there will be a few chances at interceptions. Second, they must be the more physical team, and remind Oklahoma State that it's a finesse team that doesn't want to hit for four quarters. Third, they have to exploit Oklahoma State's special teams (No. 124, per FootballOutsiders.com's FEI), and they must avoid coverage breakdowns and limit explosive plays.

Oh, and on offense they have to find a way to break 30.

Coming off another emotional, physical game, I think the task of beating this Oklahoma Steam team is a little too big for these Longhorns right now. That being said, two or three times a year Oklahoma State produces a dud, and if Texas hits it in the mouth repeatedly early and avoids its characteristically slow start, it can win this game.

Oklahoma State 33 - Texas 30

Anwar Richardson

Texas is competitive and has been in every game. Tom Herman is pleased with his team's effort and toughness. Herman believed his team could compete with any squad in the nation prior to this season, and he was correct.

The final frontier is putting together wins against elite teams.

This could finally be the game where Chris Warren III punishes opponents, receiver Collin Johnson is unstoppable, Joshua Rowland gets a chance to kick short field goals, and this defense does not give a big plays. However, seeing is believing.

Oklahoma State 38 - Texas 33

Jason Suchomel

In order for Texas to win this game, the Longhorns will need to come out swinging from the opening bell and create some doubt in Oklahoma State's head, get the OSU player thinking that UT can do to OSU the same thing that TCU did.

The problem is that Texas' offense has started slowly and the Texas defense has given up too many big plays for me to predict the Longhorns to actually win. If Sam Ehlinger is healthy, I think Texas keeps it close and is able to chew up some clock, but I just think Oklahoma State's offense is too powerful.

Oklahoma State 38 Texas 31
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
I have it on good authority that Ronnie Mund is a little f*ggot
DifferenceMaker Ag
Looks like fat ketch has been dipping into the fryolator grease again.
MetoliusAg
OkieState is ranked #10 because it is 5-1 with gaudy offensive numbers. But who have they played?

Win 59-24 Tulsa
Win 44-7 South Alabama
Win 59-21 @PITT
Loss 44-31 TCU
Win 41-34 @TTU
Win 59-16 Baylor

Pitt is 2-5. Tulsa is 2-5. Tech has its usual good offense, no defense team. Baylor is 0-6.

I just finished watching the Osu-Tcu game. Tcu intercepted Rudolph 3 times, knocked a ball loose for a fumble, and held Rudolph to a 50% completion percentage.

Tcu mostly pass-rushed 3 or 4 but still applied pressure on Rudolph. They often dropped 7 into coverage, blanketed OkieSt receivers with man to man, and protected the mtm db's with safeties.

In the first half, with no open receiver to throw to on numerous plays, Rudolph threw the ball away on purpose several times. In the 2nd half, though, with his team behind by 10 points, Rudolph began forcing the ball to try to get his offense moving.

That resulted in three OSU td drives. It also resulted in three 2nd half interceptions by Tcu's defense -- which Tcu turned into 24 more points.

On offense, TCU was able to run and pass equally effectively on the OkieSt defense. Kenny had some good plays and some gawd-awful plays.

OkieSt's defense was so-so. They run lots of coverages and blitzes. They swarm to the ball. But they didn't have any dominant defenders that stood out.
ArcticPenguin
Too bad the sips defense ranks 109 defending the pass. Looooong day for the sips tomorrow (or should I say long morning)
MetoliusAg
Tcu's pass defense ranks 87th which is only 30 yds better per game than sips' pass defense. But Tcu holds opponents to a 47% completion rate compared to sips' 57%. So you're right, the sip pass defense will not be as effective. Also don't think sip can do mtm cover as well as Tcu either.

I think sip needs to score 35+ points to win. If Ehlinger is on pace for 20-22 carries tomorrow, Buechele might have to finish the game.

AggieTFA06
AG
We need to have a collection of switzerland threads.

Another solid post.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
jamaggie06
AG
Typo? How can 2 ints turn into 24 pts? They can turn into 14 pts, but 12 of the pts had to come from normal possessions...
goodAg80
AG
UT lost and so did the horns. Bama was too strong and Herman let a freshman CTE zombie try to win in overtime.

Switz, you need to talk to your man Herman about brain injuries.

A&M fared well. So thanks for the well wishes.
MetoliusAg
It actually says three int's, not two.

The three int's Rudolph threw in the 2nd half allowed Tcu to maintain its halftime lead and win comfortably.

Yesterday, the sip defensive coordinator copied the strategy Gary Patterson used against the OkieSt attack. OkieSt better come up with some adjustments to counter it, because IowaSt has the personnel to do the same defensive strategy.
DatTallArchitect
AG
How do 3 interceptions turn into 24 points? Did they really go for two every time? That seems crazy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.