I can't think of higher praise.

7,409 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BiochemAg97
Chosen One
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Collective
AG
Than a ban? Go ahead staff, make it happen.

[OK. See you tomorrow. -Staff]
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Maybe chode one got a concussion?

That post is the equivalent of throwing it away on 4th down.
Chosen One
Damit, I screwed that up.

Meant to post this.

Incase you don't know who Nate Boyer is

http://www.nateboyer.com/
Joe Exotic
AG
His leadership skills won't be worth **** with a brain turned to mush by your dumbass coach.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Half his age. Twice the leader. Twice as many concussions in the last week.
up-n-aTm
AG
zzzzzzz
Your Friend
DifferenceMaker Ag
Chosen One said:

Meant to post this.

Pretty good chance that Ehlinger won't know who Nate Boyer is by the end of the season.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Chosen One said:

Meant to post this.

I know who Nate Boyer is. It appears with all his training and accolades he still couldn't avoid that nubile sense of pride when it comes to that botched abortion of a football team that you SW Texas grads like to cheer for.
Chosen One
Ya know, I would think a school that prides itself on it's military history would appreciate when a Green Beret and decorated war hero gives such praise to anyone, but especially a young man like Sam.

But

I guess the hate will never die down even for little things like this.
up-n-aTm
AG
Forgive us for not getting all giddy about a "Former horn praises current horn" story. Not really news-worthy.
Joe Exotic
AG
Hey dumb****, I'm currently serving so suck my ass with that ****.
AggieBand2004
AG
If Boyer had said that about a player on a different team, or if some non-horn Green Beret had said it, that would carry a bit more weight.
This is akin to someone's grandmother saying he sure is handsome, and how she bets the girls are all wanting to date him. Strong bias lessens the message.
David_Puddy
AG
Chosen One said:

Ya know, I would think a school that prides itself on it's military history would appreciate when a Green Beret and decorated war hero gives such praise to anyone, but especially a young man like Sam.

But

The "hate?" Yeah, I remember when all of the Aggies that post here registered for whatever horn message board and posted a bunch of nonsensical bullsh-t on a daily basis. You continue to lap the field on being the most clueless dumbass on this board.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Chosen One said:

But

Even green berets and decorated war heroes make mistakes like when Nate Boyer didn't tell Kapernick to stand up and respect the flag and anthem that Nate served. Instead he told kapernick it would be ok if he kneeled.
And don't chime in with the Aggie players taking a knee because they are wrong too.
Too bad your green beret Boyer couldn't meet some of Rudder's boys. Bet ol Nate wouldn't have dared talking about taking a knee in front of them. He would have got his ass kicked. GTFO Nice try.
DifferenceMaker Ag

Quote:

I can't think of higher praise.

Aggie304
Sam is probably a good guy

Shame he has a terrible coach that doesn't care about his health
Chosen One
Aggie304 said:

Sometimes I can't tell if the things you guys say are just to spite or you really don't know.

No coach in any NCAA sports has the authority to put a player into a game with a head injury unless he has passed the concussion protocol. At Texas there is a tent on the sidelines that coaches are not allowed to enter, the player is checked by a board certified physician. That physician has to sign off that he passed the concussion check up. Sam Passed and the doctor certified that he was able to continue to play. That is the only way that a player can get back into the ball game. It is not in the hands of any coach on any level in the NCAA.

But I'm sure you already knew this.

up-n-aTm
AG
Please tell me you're not this naive....never mind- you're a dip*****

Who employs these physicians? You think that tent is to keep coaches away? These physicians are doing exactly what the coaches tell them to....or the coach gets a new physician.

Bald Messiah
AG
Chosen One said:

Aggie304 said:

Sometimes I can't tell if the things you guys say are just to spite or you really don't know.

No coach in any NCAA sports has the authority to put a player into a game with a head injury unless he has passed the concussion protocol. At Texas there is a tent on the sidelines that coaches are not allowed to enter, the player is checked by a board certified physician. That physician has to sign off that he passed the concussion check up. Sam Passed and the doctor certified that he was able to continue to play. That is the only way that a player can get back into the ball game. It is not in the hands of any coach on any level in the NCAA.

The tent is there so that Herman can make out with players in private. This is well known and has nothing to do with concussions.
stexagg
Two sip football players getting together for coffee.......
Aggie304
Chosen One said:

Aggie304 said:

That's strange because a concussion protocol doctor has already come out and written that the NCAA concussion examination takes 100x more time than Sam spent in your little tent getting examined
petey88
Chosen One said:

But

AggieBand2004
AG
Chosen One said:

Aggie304 said:

How does one type so many words, with their head in the sand?
Wildcat
Basketball and Chain
AG
up-n-aTm said:

Forgive us for not getting all giddy about a "Former horn praises current horn" story. Not really news-worthy.

No ****
Chosen One
up-n-aTm said:

Please tell me you're not this naive....never mind- you're a dip*****

Who employs these physicians? You think that tent is to keep coaches away? These physicians are doing exactly what the coaches tell them to....or the coach gets a new physician.

Please point out the physician that would put his career on the line for a single pay check?

Here is the guy that checked out Sam

https://dellmed.utexas.edu/team-profile/james-bray

BTW

Here is his post game interview, looks fine to me.

MetoliusAg
Btw, anyone know what Boyer is doing nowadays?

Sip degrees can be pretty worthless in the real world, unless your career objective is to be a barista. Hopefully Boyer's military experience will outweigh that in employers' eyes.

As for Boyer having morning coffee with Sam, how did that come about?

This smells like another pre-arranged p.r. stunt thought up by the marketing team of the sip athletic department. Just like the "Sam bought his linemen donuts" schtick last week was.
HeyMoe
AG
Quote:

I'm amazed that a red-blooded, God-fearing, patriotic dude like him could find himself living in The Land of The Plastic D*cks.
CoachLB
I got knocked out in a game once. The film revealed that I made a tackle on first down Then I played my assignment and technique on second and third down and the punt return on fourth. But I remember none of it. I went to the bench and a few plays later I turned to the player next to me and asked "how did we get back to the bench?" It was like I just woke up I didn't remember that series at all. Your QB showed several real signs of being knocked out. He had no clue it was fourth down when he threw that pass out of bounds. And when have you seen a player dance into the tunnel after losing to their rival? in this day of so much talk of concussions and CTE I cannot believe the media has just let that slide. Oh wait yes I can. If the same thing happened to Kellen Mond the media in this State would be all over it.
DifferenceMaker Ag
Most of us who have played any length of time have suffered concussions of varying severity. The scary thing about the Ehlinger situation is that he suffered a particularly bad blow to the brain stem area. If he had received another blow to the head during that game after zero chance to recover, it could have been life altering.

I'm pulling for the kid to stay healthy, I and hope that OK St. doesn't deliver another shot that could do real damage.
MD20/20
AG
etcetera said:

Btw, anyone know what Boyer is doing nowadays?

Sip degrees can be pretty worthless in the real world, unless your career objective is to be a barista. Hopefully Boyer's military experience will outweigh that in employers' eyes.

As for Boyer having morning coffee with Sam, how did that come about?

This smells like another pre-arranged p.r. stunt thought up by the marketing team of the sip athletic department. Just like the "Sam bought his linemen donuts" schtick last week was.
From his website it looks like he makes money giving speeches about what a great guy he is.
always gig em
AG
Mike Leach laughs at this nonsense.

A big ass pirate laugh.
MetoliusAg
My 1970's concussion experience: my senior yr in high school. Took a hard charge in a 4A high school basketball game in the 1st qtr, and got my legs cut out from under me. Banged my head on the wood gym floor. No memory of the rest of the game, which I played most of. No memory of the aftermath in the locker room either. Sitting on the school bus on the long bus ride home, I gradually became aware of where I was. Asked my friends: "Who won? And how did I get on the bus?" My best friend on the team told me afterwards he was pretty sure I was knocked out when my head hit the floor, but when I popped up off the floor and kept on playing, he assumed I hadn't been hurt.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.