Texas high school recruits

34,845 Views | 209 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by David_Puddy
Chosen One
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Still seem to love Texas, well at lease the elite ones do.

2 CBs for Anthony Cook to Texas.
Just got our 15th 4 or 5'star commitment.

Rest of the Big 12 combined has 15 commitments from 4 or 5'star guys.

Congrats Aggies, you have 8 4'star players.

don't worry Texas only has 6 more scholarships to give out and it looks like only 3 of those will likely go to guys in Texas, so you have a shot.

5'star DB Anthony Cook is trending Texas
4'star TE Mustapha Muhammad is down to Texas and Michigan
3'star LB Joseph Ossai is now trending Texas way after a great visit
4'star LB Dashaun White is going to official to Texas
4'star WR Jalen Waddle still loves Texas and might pull the trigger if a scholarship opens up

Out of State guys still in play
4'star OT Badara Traore The top Juco OT is leaning Texas right now
4'star OT Junior Angilau out of Utah is down to Texas BYU and Utah
4'star DE Ronnie Perkins is down to Texas and Oklahoma, leaning Texas right now.
4'star LB Nik Bonitto is making an official visit to Texas this weekend he is a Florida guy.

I know there was a lot of worry on this board about Texas recruits, but rest assured we might have lost on Saturday, but the recruits that matter are still hot for Texas.
Wildcat
AG
I guess being 3-3 results in recruiting talk before November.
Joe Exotic
AG
Sips think they have a shot with Ossai
Joe Exotic
AG
Wildcat said:

I guess being 3-3 results in recruiting talk before November.

Like clockwork
Chosen One
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Maybe, depends how things go with the other elite players we are recruiting? No offense to Ossai, but Texas is in on a few highly regarded guys that play his position.

tears of laughter is funny considering he is the lowest ranked guy left on our board.
LOYAL AG
AG
After your QB almost got killed Saturday you'd think you'd look to trapdoor about 15 DB/WR types and find a few OL but you'd be wrong. Y'all are going to have one hell of a 7v7 team, though. Congrats.

As much as I don't care to ever play tu again doing so this year would be blast. Our OL is mediocre but your DL is so bad our guys would look fantastic. Conversely our DL is very good and would dominate your OL from the first play to the last one. Yet you're here crowing about recruiting rankings of guys who run fast and don't block. Herman is looking a lot like Fran in this regard.
petey88

it just doesn't fail, our resident dumbass tee shirt sip Chosen Clown is here
EMIN was WOW!

Quote:

Still seem to love Texas, well at lease the elite ones do.
They love Uncle Red paying through the nose to get them to come play for a losing program, and three straight losing seasons and currently sitting at 3-3 means you are a losing program.

Muy
AG
Wait, you mean after hiring Herman and having every media outlet praising his greatness that the sips are getting a recruiting bump?

This is important info to learn.

We know they aren't committing to be a part of a championship-caliber program in the worst Power 5 conference.
technoviking
AG
This seems like as good a thread to bookmark as any
Joe Exotic
AG
Chosen One said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Maybe, depends how things go with the other elite players we are recruiting? No offense to Ossai, but Texas is in on a few highly regarded guys that play his position.

tears of laughter is funny considering he is the lowest ranked guy left on our board.

You're not a longhorn. Nor will you ever be.
coolerguy12
AG
Usually the sips wait till they are officially eliminated from bowl season to start talking about recruiting. Good call on getting your off season started even earlier this year. I wouldn't want to watch Herman blow and kiss any more either.
Schrute Farms
It's crazy how Texas has left the cupboard bare through two HCs and five seasons. Out of all the recruited talent, the 40 acres has produced draft classes of 0,1, and 1 in 3 of the last 4 years. I think you're even missing half a class somewhere in there. Solid development down in Austin.
Joe Exotic
AG
But Herman is filling the trophy case full of moral victories now
aggiehawg
AG
coolerguy12 said:

Usually the sips wait till they are officially eliminated from bowl season to start talking about recruiting. Good call on getting your off season started even earlier this year. I wouldn't want to watch Herman blow and kiss any more either.
Early signing period in December changed the timing. Herman is a better recruiter than wait-until-late-December Charlie.
Muy
AG
Schrute Farms said:

It's crazy how Texas has left the cupboard bare through two HCs and five seasons. Out of all the recruited talent, the 40 acres has produced draft classes of 0,1, and 1 in 3 of the last 4 years. I think you're even missing half a class somewhere in there. Solid development down in Austin.

Even crazier that Sumlin left the cupboard bare for himself, has had nothing but "hot seat" coverage from the media, yet is 5-2.
mulch
AG
tu has finished top 10 in recruiting 3 out of the past 4 years. Are Ketchum and the other sip site owners gifting extra stars to recruits that like the sips or does tu have awful coaches?

It's one or the other - you pick.

Newsflash: neither answer is good for your program.

That's why you'll be Georgia Tech soon
Punked Shank
AG
How are those last 7 years of great recruiting working out for Texas?

Not worried about Texas recruiting. The coaches on that campus can't coach anyone up if they tried
Chosen One
mulch said:

tu has finished top 10 in recruiting 3 out of the past 4 years. Are Ketchum and the other sip site owners gifting extra stars to recruits that like the sips or does tu have awful coaches?

It's one or the other - you pick.

Newsflash: neither answer is good for your program.

That's why you'll be Georgia Tech soon
OMG

Can you be more stupid?

Our recruits are no more or less over/under rated than any other schools recruits. We had 3 years of bad coaching that was fired last year, now we have the hottest up and coming head coach in the game.

That is why we are playing so well, but sadly it isn't showing up in the win/loss collumn but is about to change over the next 6 games. I predict 5-1 to close out the season.

And i couldn't be happier with how your season is going, I actually hope the Aggies finish off the season without another loss and you are forced to give Sumlin another extension and raise.
MetoliusAg
Good luck with that OL and DL mess.
Wunder
AG
OP is reminiscent of Ags beating their chest in the 2000's. Always felt like we belonged and may have gotten so close but had no clue how bad things actually were until years later. I hate to say it silly friend but they have years until your post becomes relevant to Aggies. Recruiting means nothing except to give hopes for the future which is all that team needs right now. Also, there is no comparison between Sumlin and anything in Austin for the last 8 years hate to say it. Oh and by the way, the horns will lose to OK State, TCU and Tech without a doubt in my mind. A historically bad Oklahoma defense practically decapitated that poor little QB and he is about the only thing that team has going for it. See ya in a few more years little buddy when things get slightly more cleaned up in Austin.
Joe Exotic
AG
Your predictions have been ****ty. No one cares because you have been wrong constantly.
technoviking
AG
5-1 over the rest of the season. LOL, and you accuse someone else of being stupid. This thread is definitely getting bookmarked.
RAMF 95
AG

Chosen One
Noreguard said:

OP is reminiscent of Ags beating their chest in the 2000's. Always felt like we belonged and may have gotten so close but had no clue how bad things actually were until years later. I hate to say it silly friend but they have years until your post becomes relevant to Aggies. Recruiting means nothing except to give hopes for the future which is all that team needs right now. Also, there is no comparison between Sumlin and anything in Austin for the last 8 years hate to say it. Oh and by the way, the horns will lose to OK State, TCU and Tech without a doubt in my mind. A historically bad Oklahoma defense practically decapitated that poor little QB and he is about the only thing that team has going for it. See ya in a few more years little buddy when things get slightly more cleaned up in Austin.
Again, I saw the same exact words from your fanbase back in 1998, how did that work out.

We fans know exactly how far Texas fell, that is why Texas fired our HC after just 3 seasons. That is also why Texas fired Mack Brown back in 2013. That was just 4 years after he had Texas in the national title game.

Finally, from Longhorn fans everywhere to you Aggies, we are all pulling for Sumlin to have the kind of year that gets him another raise and a big long extension. You deserve him.

Good luck being the 4th ranked team in your division for the next 100 years.
The Collective
AG
All hail the youth movement.
Wildcat
AG
Chosen One said:

Noreguard said:

Again, I saw the same exact words from your fanbase back in 1998, how did that work out.

We fans know exactly how far Texas fell, that is why Texas fired our HC after just 3 seasons. That is also why Texas fired Mack Brown back in 2013. That was just 4 years after he had Texas in the national title game.

Finally, from Longhorn fans everywhere to you Aggies, we are all pulling for Sumlin to have the kind of year that gets him another raise and a big long extension. You deserve him.

Good luck being the 4th ranked team in your division for the next 100 years.

I loathe sips as much as anyone, but mocking the mentally disabled isn't much fun.

I'm out.
Bucketrunner
And yet, one of the Aggies ordinary regular season games got a higher viewing rate than the biggest game of the year for tu. Great conference. I'd rather be the tail of a lion than the head of an ant.
Gin Rummy
Not much brisket in texas' recruiting class. All WR's and DB's. 7 on 7 players for the 7 on 7 league.
Bottlehead90
AG
Op is trying too hard

Must have taken a shot to the head
MyComputerCareer
Rig hand Ag said:

Not much brisket in texas' recruiting class. All WR's and DB's. 7 on 7 players for the 7 on 7 league.

DBs that will be tweeting their regrets at halftime in a few years after Reds money is spent.
Chosen One
Bucketrunner said:

And yet, one of the Aggies ordinary regular season games got a higher viewing rate than the biggest game of the year for tu. Great conference. I'd rather be the tail of a lion than the head of an ant.
That is why your school will always be the tail.

EDIT:

Almost forgot.

Bwhahahahaha

TV smack, welcome to the world of Laker Fan. Where losses don't matter as long as TV ratings are good. You are still nothing more than a spare in your own division and that isn't going to change over the next 10 years.
Chosen One
Baron von Waffle said:

Rig hand Ag said:

DBs that will be tweeting their regrets at halftime in a few years after Reds money is spent.
Money, naw

F-250 King Ranch.

This is Texas
Love Gun
nm
MyComputerCareer
Actually this is:
https://www.burntorangenation.com/2015/10/3/9446293/kris-boyd-twitter-halftime-tamu-transer-texas-longhorns-tcu

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.