If the press does their job, things could get ugly in Austin

16,751 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Zombie Jon Snow
MetoliusAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If he was my son, he'd be going thru an exam at a neurologist office this morning. And it wouldn't be a doc chosen by Tom Herman or the UT athletic dept.

https://nondoc.com/2017/10/16/editorial-sam-ehlinger-head-trauma/

This is just sad.
Quote:

Chip Brown @ChipBrown247

Asked on #Big12 coaches' call if QB @sehlinger3 is good to go this week after a head injury in #OU game, @CoachTomHerman said, "Yes."

9:39 AM Oct 16, 2017

Rongagin71
AG
True...amateurs should be protected, at least as much as pros.
BohunkAg
AG
BohunkAg
AG
BohunkAg
AG
Of course, those hacks don't follow up on it.
TCSD84
Poor guy won't make it thru a full season running the ball 20 times a game. Even against the crappy big wtf defenses. Hope his parents have good medical insurance and long term care coverage for him.
BohunkAg
AG

"that were once"

F-cking hilarious.
The Collective
AG
That is scraping the barrel for motivation right there.
petey88

Bohls is a joke
The Collective
AG
And what is the Big 12 coaches call? Is this the way they do weekly press conferences for every team or do they still do individual stuff as well?
The Collective
AG
petey88 said:

Bohls is a joke

Bohls is pretty snarky with his commentary. I think he is just putting out there what was said.
petey88
CJS4715 said:

petey88 said:

Bohls is a joke

Bohls is pretty snarky with his commentary. I think he is just putting out there what was said.

yeah he was, doesn't take away how full of crap he is, or Herman. I don't do twitter, just saw all this garbage being spewed by Bohls via his whorn on a Monday lunch hour for most
MetoliusAg

Smh. What a gutless group of journalists. This is why I said, "IF the press does their job".

This is David Ash 2.0 in the making.
jja79
AG
This is how all conferences do it.
BohunkAg
AG
etcetera said:

Smh. What a gutless group of journalists. This is why I said, "IF the press does their job".

This is David Ash 2.0 in the making.
Wildcat
AG
To be fair, if the doctor cleared him, he's either OK or the doctor is putting his career on the line. It's a get out of jail free card for Herman.

That said, he certainly didn't look OK to the casual observer. It's hard to imagine he did not have some degree of concussion they way he was lying on the ground for as long as he did.

Schrute
Wildcat said:

To be fair, if the doctor cleared him, he's either OK or the doctor is putting his career on the line. It's a get out of jail free card for Herman.

That said, he certainly didn't look OK to the casual observer. It's hard to imagine he did not have some degree of concussion they way he was lying on the ground for as long as he did.

He was staying on the ground waiting for Herman to kiss some air back into him.
HTownAg98
If he passed his baseline test, then his baseline must have been just slightly above mental ******ation. When he took that last snap, his eyes looked like he'd done laps around McConaughey's bong.
David_Puddy
AG
The t-shirt goobers that normally litter this board with crap on a daily basis are noticeably absent today. I'm sure the idiots like Buscemi and The******edOne just had a really busy Sunday/Monday and cannot log in. F'ing ass clowns.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
This says it all about coach Tommy Boy. All he has said is we do what the doctors say or sam is a wild horse now. If Sam was my son and I saw him out cold like that and he was put back in less than five minutes after that I would go off on Tommy Boy and the doctors. He wasn't moving and coach stands over him takes a look and then starts looking at his play sheet. eff that coach and yes if Sumlin did that and put a kid back in after being knocked out shame on him too.
agdoc2001
AG
jja79 said:

This is how all conferences do it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GiveEmHellBill
AG

BESCo91
AG
Like Davis Ash, I feel sorry for Ehlinger ..... it's bullsh-t.
These are 19 +/- a year old KIDS.

Herman is a gallatic piece of *****
Saban sat Calvin Ridley in our game for much less of a health concern.
fessparker
AG
BESCo91 said:

Like Davis Ash, I feel sorry for Ehlinger ..... it's bullsh-t.
These are 19 +/- a year old KIDS.

Herman is a gallatic piece of *****
Saban sat Calvin Ridley in our game for much less of a health concern.

But Saban's third team would all start in Austin.
BBAg74
AG
From the linked article. I would laugh, except it's tragic when a young person's health is jeopardized by the ego of an adult.

Why question the handling of Ehlinger's neurological health when one could write about "championship hydration levels," of course?
SchizoAg
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

This says it all about coach Tommy Boy. All he has said is we do what the doctors say or sam is a wild horse now. If Sam was my son and I saw him out cold like that and he was put back in less than five minutes after that I would go off on Tommy Boy and the doctors.
Really? And as a result, immediately end his promising football career?

Your son might never forgive you, but OK.
EastSideAg2002
Wasnt this one of Bill Yeomen's sour grape posts about herman?
AgOutsideAustin
AG
SchizoAg said:

AgOutsideAustin said:

This says it all about coach Tommy Boy. All he has said is we do what the doctors say or sam is a wild horse now. If Sam was my son and I saw him out cold like that and he was put back in less than five minutes after that I would go off on Tommy Boy and the doctors.
Really? And as a result, immediately end his promising football career?

Your son might never forgive you, but OK.

You have a son that plays football ? I do. If his coach looked down at him like that while my son was out cold and unable to move then he goes back in a few minutes later you are dang right I'd talk to everybody involved in putting him back in the game. I'd take my chances on ruining his career or forgiveness.
coyote68
Question for Coach Herman:

What is the concussion protocol for University of Texas football players?

Coach Hetman: did your player undergo a baseline test before your first fall practice? Did he undergo a follow up test after he was apparently unconscious? Results?
Threadbare
Two threads, so I'll post twice:

There are lots of ways to interpret that clip. His head clearly hit the turf. But I have no idea what he was thinking or what they were telling him when he was lying there. They might have told him not to move.

There's a doctor on the sideline for a reason and he said the kid could play. If you think fans at home can diagnose it better than the doctor on the scene, then implement a rule that says the doctor has to review the replay, in addition to the examination, before he clears the player to return. That might have kept the SC QB a couple of weeks ago from going back on the field.

To impute something ugly to Herman on this is completely speculative. (And, to his credit, he also didn't actually crack the kid's ribs open and attempt to seize his heart...)
TCSD84
Kid was motionless for 15-20seconds. No way he wasn't concussed.
MelvinUdall
Go get'em boy!
Threadbare
TCSD84 said:

Kid was motionless for 15-20seconds. No way he wasn't concussed.
I'm not a (medical) doctor, but there was one on the sidelines that day...

I'm not making any claims about his condition. I'm saying there was someone on the sidelines who's professional responsibility it is to make that assessment, and it's not Herman. The guy with the stethoscope said he was good to go.

I don't see how I can blame Herman.
Chosen One

Seems to be a lot of this today.
aggiehawg
AG
Chosen One said:

Seems to be a lot of this today.
Yeah, that's why there is a 9 page thread on this very topic on the shag right now.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.