Sips Care More About Winning Than Their Players' Safety

8,493 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggiehawg
MyComputerCareer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgOutsideAustin said:

Lots of whorns saying he just had the wind knocked out of him. Pathetic.

Isn't that the normal reaction when your head hits the turf?
AgOutsideAustin
AG
^^^yes when I got the wind knocked out of me I always remember not being able to move my body or open my eyes for at least thirty seconds every time !
MetoliusAg
Remember what happened with sip qb David Ash ?

He got his bell rung, and was back in the game later, and got his bell rung a second time. Ash never was the same after that.

That is the same risk they took with Ehlinger on Saturday. A player is far more susceptible to further concussive injury if he receives additional hard hits before the first concussive injury has healed.

"Yeah, but we almost won." -- sip fans
BBAg74
AG
My sip co-worker says that he was fine. They took him to the tent and figured out that he was fine. Yeah, right. A couple of his other pearls of wisdom.

Erhlinger is going to be 1st team Fr. All-American.

They have been "waiting for the next Colt, and now he's here."

No concern with running the ball 15-20 times a game and leading with his head. "He's a tough kid."

They are stockpiling talent and will win the conference next year.
SpringAg92
BohunkAg said:

Tagging recruits is garbage. They'll see if they need to. Not up to some keyboard warrior jabronis to point it out.

I agree that recruits should not be tagged. Just saw one of them responding to someone named pike dawg who claims to be an Aggie. Comments from him were terrible. Disturbing to say the least
petey88
GoodOldAgs said:

Completely disgusting and unnaceptable. Why would any parent allow their kid to play for this coach?

this is like letting your daughter go to baylro

Hot Lips Herman is totally pathetic, I am surprised our resident sips and tee shirt sips are not here defending him
MyComputerCareer
They've been saying the same thing since Ash and Heard. Every year it's an anointed freshman QB, and every next year it's a new one. Remember Boo, what happened?
Carlo4
AG
BBAg74 said:

My sip co-worker says that he was fine. They took him to the tent and figured out that he was fine. Yeah, right. A couple of his other pearls of wisdom.

Erhlinger is going to be 1st team Fr. All-American.

They have been "waiting for the next Colt, and now he's here."

No concern with running the ball 15-20 times a game and leading with his head. "He's a tough kid."

They are stockpiling talent and will win the conference next year.

1310 the Ticket is worse than your coworker. They claimed Texas would win out the season last week if they upset OU. They also claimed their defense is back and playing better than ever (after giving up 40 to KState). So much damn delusion.
The Collective
AG
The way that they are running this kid, it is David Ash all over again...
DifferenceMaker Ag
etcetera said:

Remember what happened with sip qb David Ash ?

He got his bell rung, and was back in the game later, and got his bell rung a second time. Ash never was the same after that.

That is the same risk they took with Ehlinger on Saturday. A player is far more susceptible to further concussive injury if he receives additional hard hits before the first concussive injury has healed.

"Yeah, but we almost won." -- sip fans
So did Baylor. And Iowa State actually DID win. What does that say?

OU isn't very good, but they still beat the sips.

What does that say?
AgEng06
AG
WC92 said:

BohunkAg said:

Tagging recruits is garbage. They'll see if they need to. Not up to some keyboard warrior jabronis to point it out.

I agree that recruits should not be tagged. Just saw one of them responding to someone named pike dawg who claims to be an Aggie. Comments from him were terrible. Disturbing to say the least
That idiot has been banned from here multiple (10?) times for being just that, an idiot.
BohunkAg
AG
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

DifferenceMaker Ag
I wonder if that mean that he whinnies instead of speaking now.

Most wild horses end up at the glue factory.
TexAg1987
DifferenceMaker Ag said:

I wonder if that mean that he whinnies instead of speaking now.

Most wild horses end up at the glue factory.

Counts by stomping his feet.
Raid05
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

Lots of whorns saying he just had the wind knocked out of him. Pathetic.

Hahahaha.... yeah, every time I have had the wind knocked out of me, I completely stop moving, and then start having labored breathing *eye roll*.
BohunkAg
AG
The sips team doctor cleared him for practice on Sunday.

Bobcat06
AG
Can you spy the player who doesn't know that texas lost?

titanmaster_race
Literally out of his mind
MetoliusAg
He thinks it's halftime, poor kid.
TexAg1987
"Don't take your helmet off, we don't want your brains to spill out."
SpringAg92
AgEng06 said:

WC92 said:

BohunkAg said:

That idiot has been banned from here multiple (10?) times for being just that, an idiot.

Sorry to derail - I can only imagine. The guy and his father tweeting recruit about his mother. Creeps
Ragoo
AG
Holy ***** He either has no idea what is going on or is very dumb.
Cappy407
AG
Clemson QB Kelly Bryant suffered a very similar hit on Friday night. Like Ehlinger, he was knocked unconscious and laid motionless on the ground. The difference? Dabo Swinney immediately took him out of the game and sent him to the locker room, while Tom Herman sends him QB back in 5 plays later. If you didn't already think Herman was a d-bag, what he did should solidify it.

Kelly Bryant

Sam Ehlinger

And he was clearly unconscious. You can even see the trainer repeatedly tapping him on the chest trying to get him to come to. If he had the air knocked out of him (like some sips are saying), you wouldn't be tapping him on the chest - that's just absurd.
TexAg1987

Dock that man a days pay for napping on the job.
Post removed:
by user
Waffledynamics
AG
Wow he was just out cold. How is the media now all over this?
BohunkAg
AG
SpringAg92
third coast.. said:

Is it the nicholls clan?

Not sure who that is. Guy's twitter name says pike dawg and then apparently a seperate twitter account is his father. (Who knows could be the same guy with another acct)

They are tweeting Bobby Brown about his mother. His twitter is @tre_brown8700

Young man is supposed to commit soon I believe.
Threadbare
There are lots of ways to interpret that clip. His head clearly hit the turf. But I have no idea what he was thinking or what they were telling him when he was lying there. They might have told him not to move.

There's a doctor on the sideline for a reason and he said the kid could play. If you think fans at home can diagnose it better than the doctor on the scene, then implement a rule that says the doctor has to review the replay, in addition to the examination, before he clears the player to return. That might have kept the SC QB a couple of weeks ago from going back on the field.

To impute something ugly to Herman on this is completely speculative. (And, to his credit, he also didn't actually crack the kid's ribs open and attempt to seize his heart...)
aggiehawg
AG
Threadbare said:

There are lots of ways to interpret that clip. His head clearly hit the turf. But I have no idea what he was thinking or what they were telling him when he was lying there. They might have told him not to move.

There's a doctor on the sideline for a reason and he said the kid could play. If you think fans at home can diagnose it better than the doctor on the scene, then implement a rule that says the doctor has to review the replay, in addition to the examination, before he clears the player to return. That might have kept the SC QB a couple of weeks ago from going back on the field.

To impute something ugly to Herman on this is completely speculative. (And, to his credit, he also didn't actually crack the kid's ribs open and attempt to seize his heart...)
Agree that he may not have been unconscious for more than a second or so. His eyes seem to open. But what is disconcerting is the angle at which his right arm is positioned. Looks very uncomfortable and like something he would move if he could, even if people were telling him to lie still.

I do hope the kid is really okay and not badly injured.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.