Ho Hum just another day in the $EC

6,744 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by goodAg80
Pooh Ah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

BaileyAg
AG
Dayum
goodAg80
AG
Moving to the SEC is going to kill the a.g.g.y. program. /BDF
AgCat93
AG
That's even with Beth Mowins' play-by-play?!

Wow.
goodAg80
AG
AgCat93 said:

Wow.
This is going to get a lot of stars.
Cynical_Texan
AG
Sure are a lot of people in that small slice Dodd's talked about...
Ragoo
AG
Half were horns hoping we'd meet the same fate at the end of the day as their beloved.....
Threadbare
This surprises me. Just for perspective, what was second?
Bottlehead90
AG
Yes but we could have been the most watched game on Fox business network EVER

So glad we left that dumpster fire
MyComputerCareer
Ragoo said:

Half were horns hoping we'd meet the same fate at the end of the day as their beloved.....

Agreed and thanks for the support Whorn, such a faithful following.
aggiehawg
AG
AgCat93 said:

Wow.
They can't measure the number of sets with the "Mute" button on.
MallalieuAg
AG
The Texas media and BDF can't stand it that A&M is more popular. Especially the whorn fans.
Eddie Vedder
Money
JD05AG
AG
AgCat93 said:

Wow.

I'm gonna be pissed if this leads to her calling more games.
ccatag
AG
Pooh Ah said:

If l am a ESPN Executive I am thinking more Aggie prime-time program scheduling. More more more Aggie damnit
AggieTFA06
AG
How much of a sliver did our game reach?
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
mazzag
Johnny2Fan
Horn fans were tuned in trust me. Hell, they put us over the top.
DallasAg 94
JD05AG said:

AgCat93 said:

Wow.

I'm gonna be pissed if this leads to her calling more games.
If it leads to more revenue and more wins... let her call ALL of our games.

And I'd just assume replace Dave South with her if that were the case.
Muy
AG
Was every East Texas sliver tv stuck on ESPN2 all night?
Tom Hagen
AG
aggiehawg said:

AgCat93 said:

Wow.
They can't measure the number of sets with the "Mute" button on.
Yep. After I heard "The Voice", I was playing Led Zeppelin for the rest of the game.
The Original AG 76
AG
Johnny2Fan said:

Interesting hijack...
I was sitting with some 30ish ( age) Ags at the Fla tailgate and I was talking about going to Texas-OU weekend in the 70's and 80's and how AMAZING those weekends were. They all looked at me funny and asked WHY ? .Whats the big deal ? They didn't even know the game was on.
I realized that other than sips and boomers NO ONE cares anymore. That game used to be on the order to Mich-MSU, Ala-Auburn and our old tu game. In many years it was the highpoint to college football. Always Prime Time and watched by damn near everyone. None of the young-ins had every even heard of the Friday night party in Dallas. It used to rival Mardi-Gras for college kids no matter where you went to school. Now its just another bdf waste of time watched by tens of hundreds of Fox-Antarctica Soccer channel....
nu awlins ag
AG
True. I remember a game in the early 80's, where it rained like a MFer that day. Switzer wore a hat that read "Beat Texas". I think they lost the game. Really, after he left it lost a lot of luster. Stoops didn't care for tu, but Barry hated tu which made it fun to watch.
David_Puddy
AG
A bunch of obsessed t-shirt dildos like Buscemi & The******edOne watching on pins & needles hoping we'd lose to make them feel better about hearing Boomer Sooner 100x earlier in the day. Thanks, dipsh-ts.
American Hardwood
AG
Maybe I'm the only one, but Mowins didn't bother me as much as that idiot reporter asking Sumlin about Tiller at the end of the game. You have a coach on the hotseat (debatable) and a team that just won a tough road game in a hostile stadium and you go to a two week old story of a dead coach? Seemed classless and inappropriate.
California Ag 90
AG
The Original AG 76 said:

Johnny2Fan said:

Interesting hijack...
I was sitting with some 30ish ( age) Ags at the Fla tailgate and I was talking about going to Texas-OU weekend in the 70's and 80's and how AMAZING those weekends were. They all looked at me funny and asked WHY ? .Whats the big deal ? They didn't even know the game was on.
I realized that other than sips and boomers NO ONE cares anymore. That game used to be on the order to Mich-MSU, Ala-Auburn and our old tu game. In many years it was the highpoint to college football. Always Prime Time and watched by damn near everyone. None of the young-ins had every even heard of the Friday night party in Dallas. It used to rival Mardi-Gras for college kids no matter where you went to school. Now its just another bdf waste of time watched by tens of hundreds of Fox-Antarctica Soccer channel....
sip-OU is, in its best years when both are ranked, on par with Georgia - Florida (the world's largest outdoor cocktail party, i think they used to call it). of great interest in Atlanta and Orlando, everywhere else, not so much.

The Original AG 76
AG
California Ag 90 said:

The Original AG 76 said:

Johnny2Fan said:

Interesting hijack...
sip-OU is, in its best years when both are ranked, on par with Georgia - Florida (the world's largest outdoor cocktail party, i think they used to call it). of great interest in Atlanta and Orlando, everywhere else, not so much.

I'm guessing by your name that you're class of 90 so I can tell you unequivocally that Texas-OU WAS an absolute nationwide must see game from the 50 thru the 80's. You probably don't even know that until the late 80's there was only 1 network that showed college football. We had exactly ONE national game of the week and then a regional game . Texas-OU, ND-USC, Mich-MSU, Mich-OSU, ND-Navy, USC-UCLA, The Cocktail party..... and a few others were watched by EVERY college football fan. It was all that was on and they were always great games. The end of season rivalries like TAMU-tu, Bama-AU, Army -Navy were also ALWAYS national and well watched. Texas-OU was usually between 2 top 5 teams and was usually one of the classics every season.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Orlando??? Try Jacksonville.
skins74
AG
AgCat93 said:

Wow.
Yep. I muted my TV
quidam65
Muy said:

Was every East Texas sliver tv stuck on ESPN2 all night?
According to the media results from West Tawakoni yes. We're still awaiting those from Ben Wheeler and Martin's Mill.
California Ag 90
AG
The Original AG 76 said:

California Ag 90 said:

The Original AG 76 said:

Johnny2Fan said:

Interesting hijack...

I'm guessing by your name that you're class of 90 so I can tell you unequivocally that Texas-OU WAS an absolute nationwide must see game from the 50 thru the 80's. You probably don't even know that until the late 80's there was only 1 network that showed college football. We had exactly ONE national game of the week and then a regional game . Texas-OU, ND-USC, Mich-MSU, Mich-OSU, ND-Navy, USC-UCLA, The Cocktail party..... and a few others were watched by EVERY college football fan. It was all that was on and they were always great games. The end of season rivalries like TAMU-tu, Bama-AU, Army -Navy were also ALWAYS national and well watched. Texas-OU was usually between 2 top 5 teams and was usually one of the classics every season.
agreed and used to go the state fair every year around Texas OU weekend in the 70's and 80's. was a huge event, and always on ABC as i recall - didn't Keith Jackson call that game most years?

The Original AG 76
AG
California Ag 90 said:

The Original AG 76 said:

California Ag 90 said:

The Original AG 76 said:

Johnny2Fan said:

Interesting hijack...

agreed and used to go the state fair every year around Texas OU weekend in the 70's and 80's. was a huge event, and always on ABC as i recall - didn't Keith Jackson call that game most years?

Whoa Nelly......you mean Mr Allllllllllll-a-bama ? Yep
Hogtown
California Ag 90 said:

The Original AG 76 said:

Johnny2Fan said:

Interesting hijack...

FYI...It is still called "The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party" but one and all. The only folks that call it something else are the talking heads because the snowflake media moguls don't want to be politically incorrect and encourage drinking. What they don't realize is we don't need any encouragement....
California Ag 90
AG
The Original AG 76 said:

Whoa Nelly......you mean Mr Allllllllllll-a-bama ? Yep
Keith Jackson was college football! he was awesome.
Your Friend
A 1.3 rating. Well done! (RRSO got a 2.4)
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.