Which DFW writer predicted the sips would win 11 games?

2,194 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by A Net Full of Jello
Tudster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When I read that headline this summer I nearly puked my breakfast.

Does anyone recall who the writer was?
Madman
AG
https://texags.com/forums/6/topics/2873713
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
He meant to say over 2 seasons
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Our-turn-to-rule said:

He meant to say over 2 seasons

That's still generous. It means they'll have to get over that 5 win barrier.
Threadbare
Horns win 7 this year. They lose to TCU, and one of WVU, Tech, or OSU. Of course, Kansas also looms large, but I think tu takes care of business that day...
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Threadbare said:

Horns win 5 this year. They lose to TCU[L] , and all of WVU[L] , Tech [L] , and OSU[L] . Of course, Kansas also looms large, but I think tu takes care of business that day...

FIFY
TCSD84
Threadbare said:

Horns win 7 this year. They lose to TCU, and one of WVU, Tech, or OSU. Of course, Kansas also looms large, but I think tu takes care of business that day...
Kansas is absolutely pathetic. Not a way in the world the sips lose to them. Everybody else is a potential loss. Getting to 6 wins isn't certain.
Threadbare
hennyj15 said:

Threadbare said:

Horns win 5 this year. They lose to TCU[L] , and all of WVU[L] , Tech [L] , and OSU[L] . Of course, Kansas also looms large, but I think tu takes care of business that day...

FIFY
I will be happy if you are right, but I think they are better under Herman than that.
Dr Lane Trowlan
TCSD84 said:

Threadbare said:

Kansas is absolutely pathetic. Not a way in the world the sips lose to them. Everybody else is a potential loss. Getting to 6 wins isn't certain.

Kansas was pathetic last year too.

11/19/16
Kansas 24
t.u. 21
rlb28
AG
5-7
MyComputerCareer
They'll be fortunate to reach .500 this year. Worst stretch in program history. 3 head coaching regimes, same results.
The Collective
AG
The out is the prediction was qualified with just about no injuries occurring. Of course, I'm not sure how many guys were out for the Maryland game...
A Net Full of Jello
AG
Threadbare said:

hennyj15 said:

Threadbare said:

FIFY
I will be happy if you are right, but I think they are better under Herman than that.
I think you are right. And, after watching the OU game, I'm pretty sure that if things start to look bad against WVU, Tech, and OSU, their buddies in the black and white will be there to lend a hand.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.