BaylorFans.com is a real peppy place this morning

5,686 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Jack Cheese
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seriously, this will bring joy to most any heart. They actually devolve into a discussion of whether they could have beaten Temple High last year.

**** you rapists and rape enablers. Everything you're getting you deserve.

https://sicem365.com/forums/2/topics/16078

Quote:

We cant afford to fire CMR
ImwithBU
7:38p, 10/14/17

Seriously how much is the buyout. We gave this guy a 7 year deal. We are already in the red with this stadium and its only a matter of time before our fair weather fans stop buying season tickets. And lets not talk about the all the money we loss over the past 18 months.

We are stuck, you might as well enjoy the process while Rhule sets up his future great-grandchildren for life.

txturtlegirl
7:40p, 10/14/17

Even if we could get rid of him, who would come here? I still think he can get it turned around. Today was ugly, but we've never done well when we play in Stillwater even when Briles was here.

timetraveler
7:40p, 10/14/17

We can't afford not to fire him. Is there anyone here that think we couldn't get someone better for $800K/year? Fire him and get an OC from anywhere.

Tommy_Lou_Ramsower
7:41p, 10/14/17

Didn't Baylor pay Art Briles $15 million to not coach last year and this year? I bet we could pay Rhule off after this year.

bmili34
7:42p, 10/14/17
V
The coach from Pulaski academy will come here for $100k. I'll contribute to his salary

Gust Avrakotos
In reply to ImwithBU 7:42p, 10/14/17

Quote:

ImwithBU said:
Seriously how much is the buyout. We gave this guy a 7 year deal. We are already in the red with this stadium and its only a matter of time before our fair weather fans stop buying season tickets. And lets not talk about the all the money we loss over the past 18 months.

We are stuck, you might as well enjoy the process while Rhule sets up his future great-grandchildren for life.
So you just accept that? Where I come from, heads roll when someone makes a monumental mistake like this.

Rhule may be here for 3yrs even when he goes 0-12 this season.

Rhodes needs to pay for this horrible decision. Someone has to take the fall.

I won't buy another freaking ticket or give a dime until we start winning games. I can't wait until that stadium is empty in a few games and guys like McCollum, Hurd and the others have to figure out what the F they are going to do to generate revenue.

timetraveler
7:44p, 10/14/17

Turney Gill makes $650K and we know he is better than CMR even with inferior talent (I think Liberty recruits posters from college football boards like this one)

YoakDaddy
7:45p, 10/14/17

Sometimes it's best to cut bait and move on. That's ADMR's dumba$$ decision for a 7 year contract. He needs to go suck some BMD for the buyout.

80sBEAR
7:46p, 10/14/17

Our Head Football Coach is the least of our problems. Need to concentrate on removing ALL of the members of the BOR. This includes the recently hand picked new members of the BOR. This needs to be our top priority. After this is done, we can start addressing football. The only way healing and moving forward can begin.
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland

ColomboLQ
In reply to txturtlegirl 7:47p, 10/14/17

Quote:

txturtlegirl said:
Even if we could get rid of him, who would come here? I still think he can get it turned around. Today was ugly, but we've never done well when we play in Stillwater even when Briles was here.
What was the score of the game 2 years ago?

Gust Avrakotos
In reply to YoakDaddy 7:48p, 10/14/17

Quote:

YoakDaddy said:
Sometimes it's best to cut bait and move on. That's ADMR's dumba$$ decision for a 7 year contract. He needs to go suck some BMD for the buyout.
Absolutely, and then be canned right after he finds the money.

ImwithBU
In reply to Gust Avrakotos 7:51p, 10/14/17

Quote:

Quote:

ImwithBU said:

Gust Avrakotos said:
So you just accept that? Where I come from, heads roll when someone makes a monumental mistake like this.

I won't buy another freaking ticket or give a dime until we start winning games. I can't wait until that stadium is empty in a few games and guys like McCollum, Hurd and the others have to figure out what the F they are going to do to generate revenue.

Gust

No you dont just accept it, I just dont expect us to be proactive on this thing. We have reacted badly to everything of the past 2 years so why stop now. I thought Rhodes was a horrible hire. I mean really what has he done other than leave Mizzou in shambles just to abandon them to come here and do the same. He wont fire CMR because that would mean he made a piss poor decision giving an unproven coach (at least in a P5) a long term contract. Yea this job was not that sexy right afterwards, but someone would have come here just for one million. We are still in one of the most talent rich states in the nation. He could have gone after several people, even high school coaches. It did not have to be a known person, but we let the media dictate what type of person we needed so we decided, lets get a preacher's son and double down on being a Baptist University and prove to everyone how holy we are whenever you are not looking.

DTBear
7:51p, 10/14/17

You almost wonder at this point if some of the Big Money Donors have said to hell with it? Didn't we give them all the finger when they wanted more clarity from the BOR?

Gust Avrakotos
In reply to DTBear 7:52p, 10/14/17

Quote:

DTBear said:
You almost wonder at this point if some of the Big Money Donors have said to hell with it? Didn't we give them all the finger when they wanted more clarity from the BOR?
They did indeed. Simpson is gone.

Gust Avrakotos
In reply to ImwithBU 7:55p, 10/14/17

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

+ 1 more quotes (click to expand)
Gust Avrakotos said:

Gust
ImwithBU said:

No you dont just accept it, I just dont expect us to be proactive on this thing. We have reacted badly to everything of the past 2 years so why stop now. I thought Rhodes was a horrible hire. I mean really what has he done other than leave Mizzou in shambles just to abandon them to come here and do the same. He wont fire CMR because that would mean he made a piss poor decision giving an unproven coach (at least in a P5) a long term contract. Yea this job was not that sexy right afterwards, but someone would have come here just for one million. We are still in one of the most talent rich states in the nation. He could have gone after several people, even high school coaches. It did not have to be a known person, but we let the media dictate what type of person we needed so we decided, lets get a preacher's son and double down on being a Baptist University and prove to everyone how holy we are whenever you are not looking.
That's a good point. It's not as though we are dealing with efficiency, business savvy or intelligence. These idiots can't seem to manage their way out of a paper bag. I made a poor assumption that we actually have leaders running the show.

lakerat
8:03p, 10/14/17

When you are sitting in a position meeting and your position coach tells you. "You guys are not tough. Our team at temple would have beat you 50-0 last year". This was said. That is why they beat up the kids during the week and they have nothing left for game day. Very sad.

Gust Avrakotos
8:05p, 10/14/17

I would have freaking loved to have had a crack at Temple's ass last year. With a legit coaching staff that hadn't quit on the players and Briles' offense....we would have kicked their ever loving asses.

Not tough enough....those fools played in the AAC..they don't have a freaking clue about toughness.

Michibear
In reply to lakerat 8:07p, 10/14/17

Quote:

lakerat said:
When you are sitting in a position meeting and your position coach tells you. "You guys are not tough. Our team at temple would have beat you 50-0 last year". This was said. That is why they beat up the kids during the week and they have nothing left for game day. Very sad.
Really? Really????

ImwithBU
In reply to lakerat 8:09p, 10/14/17
V
Quote:

lakerat said:

Well comments like this makes you wonder just what happened in the off weeks. These players are use to winning, especially our most vocal one. TWill came from a program with a strong tradition, so did TYoung. These guys are use to winning at the college level and they didnt sign up for what they are getting from this staff.

57Bear
In reply to Gust Avrakotos 8:14p, 10/14/17

1 edit
MilliVanilli
In reply to Gust Avrakotos 8:18p, 10/14/17

Quote:

Quote:

ImwithBU said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

Gust
Where you come from padded rooms prevail as home decor.

Compounding
In reply to lakerat 8:19p, 10/14/17

Quote:

lakerat said:

Uh.. We would have beat the s*** out of Temple last year if we played before the program gave up around first half @ Texas.

Stranger
8:20p, 10/14/17

Pay him the $14 million and tell him to hit the road. Baylor will lose more than that in the next two years if this idiot stays. He has already proven he is in over his head.

I haven't seen a blowout like that to a conference foe like that since Kevin Steals.

This is ugly and ain't gonna get better.
I'm a Bearbacker

Compounding
In reply to Gust Avrakotos 8:20p, 10/14/17

Quote:

Gust Avrakotos said:
I would have freaking loved to have had a crack at Temple's ass last year. With a legit coaching staff that hadn't quit on the players and Briles' offense....we would have kicked their ever loving asses.

Not tough enough....those fools played in the AAC..they don't have a freaking clue about toughness.

But they played the fighting irish really, really tough.

57Bear
In reply to Stranger 8:24p, 10/14/17

Quote:

Stranger said:
Pay him the $14 million and tell him to hit the road. Baylor will lose more than that in the next two years if this idiot stays. He has already proven he is in over his head.

I haven't seen a blowout like that to a conference foe like that since Kevin Steals.

Pay Rhoades $1 and tell him to hit the road.

YoakDaddy
In reply to 57Bear 8:32p, 10/14/17

Quote:

Quote:

Stranger said:

57Bear said:
Pay Rhoades $1 and tell him to hit the road.

No. Tell him he owes us for his $800k Mizzou buyout and he can pay in monthly installments from his next job.

EvilTroyAndAbed
In reply to bmili34 8:33p, 10/14/17

Quote:

bmili34 said:
The coach from Pulaski academy will come here for $100k. I'll contribute to his salary

There's a reason he still coaches in high school after a decade. If he tried the crap he does at the college level, he'd get throttled worse than Rhule.

PartyBear
8:33p, 10/14/17

Yes we can. A good AD tells him he has failed to perform and we owe him nothing. However we will offer him another year's salary. If he doesn't like that he can check with a jury from McLennan County as to how much he is owed.

bmili34
In reply to EvilTroyAndAbed 8:35p, 10/14/17

Maybe. Maybe not. People are generally shy of unproven. But guess what? If he was here and 0-6 (which is the same as Rhule) at least I'd be damned well entertained.

lakersfan34
In reply to Stranger 8:42p, 10/14/17

Quote:

Stranger said:

Anyone who was here during the Steele years can see history repeating itself. Over the upcoming offseason, the fans will be promised how the team has improved and brighter times are ahead. Unfortunately, it is all a facade. The coaching will continue to be overmatched, the talent level will continue to suffer as recruiting falls off and the fan base will spend their money in other ways. It's a death spiral that takes years to recover from.

YoakDaddy
In reply to PartyBear 8:43p, 10/14/17

Quote:

PartyBear said:
Yes we can. A good AD tells him he has failed to perform and we owe him nothing. However we will offer him another year's salary. If he doesn't like that he can check with a jury from McLennan County as to how much he is owed.

You know better than that....Baylor is scared of the courtroom. They always settle out of court.

BellCountyBear
In reply to lakerat 9:00p, 10/14/17

Quote:

lakerat said:
And very stupid. Dave Roberts-stupid.

BillDauterive
9:58p, 10/14/17

Thanks Mack Rhodes. Your legacy is cemented.

Applemac_G4
10:12p, 10/14/17

Rhule won't be fired. The bottom line is that an institution that can declare 'we are not an institution of football' is perfectly content proving that on the field.

BearInBigD
In reply to lakersfan34 10:17p, 10/14/17
V
Quote:

Quote:

Stranger said:

lakersfan34 said:
Anyone who was here during the Steele years can see history repeating itself. Over the upcoming offseason, the fans will be promised how the team has improved and brighter times are ahead. Unfortunately, it is all a facade. The coaching will continue to be overmatched, the talent level will continue to suffer as recruiting falls off and the fan base will spend their money in other ways. It's a death spiral that takes years to recover from.
Correct except for the part about recovery. We will be in G5 by then and will, therefore, never actually recover.

YouBet
AG
They should count themselves lucky they have something to complain about because there shouldn't even be a football program at that school right now.
Ag for Life
AG
They're getting exactly what they deserve.
Talon2DSO
AG
I'm really hoping the feds and ncaa pull their heads out their ass and nuke that school. Strip them of accreditation and make them no better than a local YMCA intramural squad. They did way worse than Penn State and deserve every bit of it.
Madman
AG
Tough to say if they did worse than Penn st. Plenty of high level men at psu knew things and actively worked to cover it up.
wbt5845
AG
Madman said:

Tough to say if they did worse than Penn st. Plenty of high level men at psu knew things and actively worked to cover it up.
Concur. Asst. coaches anally raping minor aged boys is pretty much as bad as it gets.
Muy
AG
I kept thinking Temple High School while reading this.
BaileyAg
AG
I've enjoyed their season way more than i should have.
Hope they don't win one game
tree91
AG
Muy said:

+1
ClassOf17
Most annoying part is how they keep using CMR and CAB. They even used ADMR.
ClassOf17
Quote:

This is what put you there in the first place dumbass. Winning is not above everything. Seriously if I was a Baylor fan, I'd just be happy the university finally got rid of that scumbag coach. Yes Rhule is not a great coach at all, but at least he doesn't enable criminals. Baylor is ****ing clueless.

It's disgusting that this is a CHRISTIAN institution.
MetoliusAg
Rhule is reportedly a good coach and person. Way better than baylor deserves.

disgusting lil rapey carebears

Muy
AG
ClassOf17 said:

Quote:

This is what put you there in the first place dumbass. Winning is not above everything. Seriously if I was a Baylor fan, I'd just be happy the university finally got rid of that scumbag coach. Yes Rhule is not a great coach at all, but at least he doesn't enable criminals. Baylor is ****ing clueless.

It's disgusting that this is a CHRISTIAN institution.

Sadly I don't know of any Baylor grads who are happy to have excorcized the demons of the Briles era, they are still feeling the media unfairly went after them and ruined their great program.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
I saw an almost mocking article in the Star Telegram online that having their game put on the Fox Business Channel after the TCU KSU game was weather delayed was just another insult to the Baylor program. Could not have happened to a better candidate.
wxguy95
AG
tree91 said:

Muy said:

+1

The Wildcats would open as a 3 point favorite.

Honestly, I think UMHB could beat them this year if they played.
LOYAL AG
AG
wbt5845 said:

Quote:

Quote:

lakersfan34 said:
Correct except for the part about recovery. We will be in G5 by then and will, therefore, never actually recover.

This is a shockingly honest post. I've been saying it since the news first broke about the rape scandal. When the Big 12 dissolves there will not be a seat at the table for Baylor. They are an SMU starter kit.
txjortsagent
AG
They couldn't have possibly handled this rape controversy worse unless they hired OJ Simpson as AD.
Chips2003
AG
txjortsagent said:

They couldn't have possibly handled this rape controversy worse unless they hired OJ Simpson as AD.

I hear he's free now.
Eddie Vedder
Since beating Baylor 6 weeks ago, Liberty have lost to both Kennesaw State and St. Francis.
Jack Cheese
AG
My Baylol cousins were warning everybody on Facebook "don't try to be a fan in 2018 if you're not a fan now".

OK by me.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.