Sips cancel rally cuz it's non-inclusive

4,934 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by EVA3
Eddie Vedder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.google.com/amp/kxan.com/2017/10/09/texas-exes-end-torchlight-parade-in-light-of-charlottesville-rally/amp/

"Hey everybody! Look at us! We are denouncing something that happened months ago by canceling a 101 year old pep rally because we think it will make minorities like us!"

I would also like to inform the Texas Exes that some Charlottesville protesters had facial hair and wore denim jeans. Everyone shave your faces and convert to khaki to signal your virtue!
ABATTBQ87
AG
Quote:

He was part of a student group trying to increase spirit on campus and in 1987 his group saw a photo in a 1941 edition of LIFE magazine depicting a torchlight parade
.He was a student when A&M dominated tu and they stood in awe of Aggie traditions.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
How about, instead of canceling it, you invite minorities to LEAD the parade? Say to the world "our tradition is not like that hate-filled incident. Ours is about unity and love (and all that bullsh*t)."

Take back the symbolism from the racists. Don't let them forever associate peaceful marches carrying torches with hate.

But, I guess the Texas Exes would have to find some minorities in their membership to lead the parade. So, I guess cancelling it is easier.
Oscar Diggs
AG
Do they not hold candles during their Hex Rally and aren't candles actually small torches?

Your Friend
Torchlight parade control
Bitter Old Man
AG
Oscar Diggs said:

Do they not hold candles during their Hex Rally and aren't candles actually small torches?

No, that is Satan worshipping, totally different...
getme
such a blithering pack of ***holes.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Plenty of Asian students enrolled just have them carry the torches.
The Collective
AG
This is a way to virtue signal while also ending a pep rally that nobody attends.
88jrt06
AG
I'm selling my Tiki Corp. stock.
Jaxson11
AG
Time for the sips to get rid of their all-white uniforms.
3 William 56
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

How about, instead of canceling it, you invite minorities to LEAD the parade? Say to the world "our tradition is not like that hate-filled incident. Ours is about unity and love (and all that bullsh*t)."

Take back the symbolism from the racists. Don't let them forever associate peaceful marches carrying torches with hate.

But, I guess the Texas Exes would have to find some minorities in their membership to lead the parade. So, I guess cancelling it is more tolerable .

FIFY
Ragoo
AG
when will our corps boys stop carrying torches to Kyle from the Quad for midnight yell?
CoachLB
They need to go with the all inclusive sex toy parade for the Red River Showdown! That seemed to be well received.
Bitter Old Man
AG
CoachLB said:

They need to go with the all inclusive sex toy parade for the Red River Showdown! That seemed to be well received.
That's the whole problem, too many receivers, not enough givers....
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Quote:

The rally and the Torchlight Parade have a century of history at UT Austin, explained Jim Nicar, who has made a hobby out of being a historian of UT and also happens to be one of the students who launched the parade in 1987.

Nicar explained that as far as he knows the earliest torchlight parade on campus happened in 1916.

Nicar, please
MooreTrucker
AG
So now they're equating carrying torches with racism, because of one incident that HAPPENED to be a torch-light parade? Good lord.

Well, I guess we don't need to worry anymore about crap from them "killing a century-old tradition" of the tu/A&M game. They just killed a tradition for a whole lot less.
BQ78
AG
I think white supremists have played football-- they better cancel the game.
Flashdiaz
AG
white supremacists should start wearing pink in october just so everyone will overreact and stop wearing pink.
MetoliusAg
teasip thinking:

-- The optics of 5,000 teasip students marching across campus with their fingers tightly wrapped around 10" dildos which they are waving over their heads?

"Bravo! It shows the world exactly who we really are."

-- A sparsely attended annual torchlit pre-RRS march for sip spirit groups which most tsip students have never even heard of, much less bothered to attend?

"OMG!! Cancel it, quick. Before some snowflake SJW takes photos of it and falsely accuses us on the internet of holding a Nuremburg rally!"
HeyMoe
AG
Quote:

The rally and the Torchlight Parade have a century of history at UT Austin, explained Jim Nicar

Well then, Mr. Jim is gonna have to change his last name because it sounds a little too much like the N word. Sorry Chief, hope you don't have a bunch of monogrammed shirts......
EVA3
AG
CJS4715 said:

This is a way to virtue signal while also ending a pep rally that nobody attends.

Ding ding ding!
Skull Session
This is news to me, never thought they even had a torchlight parade in austin. I thought all they did was get drunk and wander around west end in dallas like a bunch of cattle headed for slaughter?
American Hardwood
AG
CoachLB said:

It occurs to me that even their sex toy parade is bigoted. I've seen dozens of pics of their parade and didn't see a single fleshlight. Of course in Asstin, the men use dildos too.
huisachel
The whole fratty event is stupid. A "hex" rally? Really?

Superstitious, fratty childish nonsense.

The Asians will be at the library while the frats and ******ed sisters are yelling nonsense about how OU allegedly sux
MorgansPoint
FJB
AG
Maybe a compromise?

Who is John Galt?

Muy
AG
So now fire is racist?
Squadron7
AG
They don't need torches. Everything they do is by definition flaming.
Martin Cash
AG
Flashdiaz said:

white supremacists should start wearing pink in october just so everyone will overreact and stop wearing pink.
Underrated post.
EVA3
AG
Where do you find those candle kits? Asking for a friend.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.