KState fans want no part of the SEC...

8,329 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggiehawg
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
as a member. Which is good, since they'll never get an invite anyway. But man, those folks are delusional. Playing Vandy this week. Which is both sad that they don't know that Vandy is the cellar of the SEC East. Still lots of Mizzou hate.

Link for your reading pleasure
yeahright81
AG
Aren't they just precious. Wow.
Texan1976
aggiehawg said:

as a member. Which is good, since they'll never get an invite anyway. But man, those folks are delusional. Playing Vandy this week. Which is both sad that they don't know that Vandy is the cellar of the SEC East. Still lots of Mizzou hate.

Link for your reading pleasure

They would have a better chance of winning the conference than Arkansas. What is it now, 30 years since your last one?
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

They would have a better chance of winning the conference than Arkansas. What is it now, 30 years since your last one?
In the SEC West? Kansas State is going to beat Bama and LSU?? LOL.
petey88
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

well documented here that 76 is not the brightest of the lights, ask anyone,...or you have perhaps been laughing at this dork like the rest of us.

Mr. Obvious 76

aggiehawg
AG
petey88 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

well documented here that 76 is not the brightest of the lights, ask anyone,...or you have perhaps been laughing at this dork like the rest of us.

Mr. Obvious 76

I still encounter Big XII fans from time to time who have forgotten how divisions work in conference play. Had to clarify.
ChemEAg08
AG
The delusion is strong on that thread. But to be fair, the k-state folks I've met in real life are more level headed.
aggiehawg
AG
ChemEAg08 said:

The delusion is strong on that thread. But to be fair, the k-state folks I've met in real life are more level headed.
I actually didn't think they cared that much. Sort of complacent that they'll stay with Kansas has always been my impression.
Charlie 31
AG
Once Bill Snyder retires from coaching KSU football the Wildcat gridiron success will disappear.
45-70Ag
AG
I kind of like Kansas state.
Everything that can be stacked against them, is. They have decent and respectable success and I'd like to see them continue beating the odds. On top of that, their stadium renovations are nice.
GiveEmHellBill
AG

Wow. The absolute batsh*t delusion on every single post on that thread.

It would be funny if it wasn't so f-ing sad.
BaileyAg
AG
Charlie 31 said:

Once Bill Snyder retires from coaching KSU football the Wildcat gridiron success will disappear.
elfurioso92
AG
Nice job of following the Rick Barnes model of preemptively rejecting a non-existent offer KState fans. You guys are making the BDF proud.
BQ78
AG
That's the first time I've seen the cats associated with an invite to the SEC. Will carry more weight when a non-Cat mentions it.
aggiehawg
AG
I just find it funny that Landthieves, furry bevo, etc. have active realignment threads over a 1000 pages each on the front page of their football forums. FIVE YEARS after realignment ended.

The window has closed, IMO. There is little to gain and much to lose for the SEC, B1G, or ACC to make any further expansion moves. The PAC might still desire a Central Time Zone presence but that is a double-edged sword for any Big XII program making the leap, insofar as most of their home games would be in the <cough> "coveted" 11:00 AM slot and a few away games the 9:00 PM slot. And no one can predict if the money would truly be better and worth the increase in travel costs.

Further roadblocks at the moment is the Big XII GOR and the despised LHN. How to handle those?

The reason expansion of the Big XII went nowhere last time was that OU and tu still had hope they could bail for a better landing spot within the near future. That is looking more and more unlikely as time goes on. The best alternative for the Big XII is to embrace their "the Big XII is the NEW Big East" status by adding 4 programs, going back to divisional play and a CCG to beef up the amount of content. In that way, maybe they won't get hammered quite as much in the next media deal and a conference network (of sorts like the ACC) might be feasible, if still unattractive. Will the sips give up the LHN, though?

We'll see how the repeat CCG works this season. If it manages to knock off the conference's leading contender for the playoffs, all hell will break loose in the Big XII. Buh-bye Bowlsby!
Drew_Hill
Thats a ****ing troll, no way that thread is serious.
Your Friend
aggiehawg said:

I just find it funny that Landthieves, furry bevo, etc. have active realignment threads over a 1000 pages each on the front page of their football forums. FIVE YEARS after realignment ended.

The window has closed, IMO. There is little to gain and much to lose for the SEC, B1G, or ACC to make any further expansion moves. The PAC might still desire a Central Time Zone presence but that is a double-edged sword for any Big XII program making the leap, insofar as most of their home games would be in the <cough> "coveted" 11:00 AM slot and a few away games the 9:00 PM slot. And no one can predict if the money would truly be better and worth the increase in travel costs.

Further roadblocks at the moment is the Big XII GOR and the despised LHN. How to handle those?

The reason expansion of the Big XII went nowhere last time was that OU and tu still had hope they could bail for a better landing spot within the near future. That is looking more and more unlikely as time goes on. The best alternative for the Big XII is to embrace their "the Big XII is the NEW Big East" status by adding 4 programs, going back to divisional play and a CCG to beef up the amount of content. In that way, maybe they won't get hammered quite as much in the next media deal and a conference network (of sorts like the ACC) might be feasible, if still unattractive. Will the sips give up the LHN, though?

We'll see how the repeat CCG works this season. If it manages to knock off the conference's leading contender for the playoffs, all hell will break loose in the Big XII. Buh-bye Bowlsby!

It's really hilarious! Hahhaha. I can't wait to spend my golden years poring over different message boards looking for conference realignment stuff!! LULZ
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

It's really hilarious! Hahhaha. I can't wait to spend my golden years poring over different message boards looking for conference realignment stuff!! LULZ
All about the clicks, all about the clicks. As long as there is an unhappy fan base hoping to escape the Big XII there will be some blogger or "reporter" writing stuff and inventing "insider" stories to make some coin. Practically a cottage industry at this point.
digital_ag
AG
Goemaw is their troll board.
goodAg80
AG
Your Friend said:

It's really hilarious! Hahhaha. I can't wait to spend my peak earning years poring over different message boards posting like a dyooshy nitwit!! LULZ
FIFY

up-n-aTm
AG
That thread is so far out of touch with reality it's unbelievable! I hope Vandy whips 'em.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
So not only are they painfully unaware that if/when the BDF implodes, they will find themselves in the Sun Belt or a similar conference, they honestly think the SEC is begging them to join? And that they would turn us down? Oh, but that they would win the conference every year if they did join? Good grief that is some delusion.

And LOL at the comment saying that it was the SEC that hurt Missouri's reputation.
Aero95
AG
digital_ag said:

This has to be the answer. I live in the midst of them and I've never, ever heard any conversation remotely close to that thread.
APHIS AG
Charlie 31 said:

This. It happened when Snyder retired the first time and it will happen again. Snyder is the Briles of KSU without the shenanigans.

The same thing will happen to TCU when Patterson retires.

After reading through the threads, I thought the sips were delusional but wow.
aggiehawg
AG
digital_ag said:

They have a specialized troll board? Not sure if that is genius or pathetic.
DatTallArchitect
AG
No matter how much she begs, I won't have anything to do with Kate Upton. I can do way, way better.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Now that they have picked up the sponsorship of Dollar General Stores, there is no way any BDF school desires to leave.

The prestige of sporting the "Dollar General, the Official store of the BDF" patch is breath taking.

Schrute
Good night there are some dumb people over there. Not as dumb as Baylol but good Lord...
MaterialAg
AG
Aero95 said:

digital_ag said:

This has to be the answer. I live in the midst of them and I've never, ever heard any conversation remotely close to that thread.
I have family going back generations who attended there and it only comes out after they are comfortable around you. They are, indeed, that delusional and entitled, and totally unwilling to admit the exploitation of JuCo players without much in the way of other opportunities that supported their rise in the first place. Snyder's first retirement coincided with the end of the grandfathering of those practices in the Big 12.

They also don't seem to understand that all the major conferences have at least one private school to avoid having to report the conference's financials publicly. Kitty State isn't replacing Vanderbilt, ever.

Biz Ag
AG
Quote:

Leverage this into our own Longcat Network.
Cynical_Texan
AG
Losing to what has arguably been the worst SEC football school in conference history.

Kansas State is not SEC ready.
pdc093
WTG Vanderbilt. Nice win!
GAC06
AG
Your Friend said:

aggiehawg said:

You've already spent the better part of your life here, obsessing over the rival of a school you didn't attend. lulz
GiveEmHellBill
AG
"Dear Kansas State,

The SEC wishes to sincerely and cordially send this invitation to your school and your fans to go and f*** yourselves.

Signed,

Vanderbilt."
yeahright81
AG
They must be so relieved now that they won't have to wallow with the dirty SEC . Dodging bullets KSU.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.