Tom Herman's Summer of Love

2,937 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by stexagg
JustisWalkert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JustisWalkert
JustisWalkert
AG
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2728242-inside-the-rebirth-of-texas-football
Finally worked
HeyMoe
AG
Always being reborn.
Always young.
Always back.

***sigh****
Cannonball Craig III
AG
Its all just too much, really. This knob polishing article notwithstanding, I still predict that young coach Riley is going to hang 40+ on the sips.
Artimus Gordon
That article will really stop up a toilet!
Madman
AG
So they "did nothing to support him (strong)"?

I stopped reading after that.
vansprinkle
AG
Madman said:

They also would have won if Colt didnt get hurt.
Biz Ag
AG
Guess they're going to have to potty train the team before they can administer the hydration tests.
goodAg80
AG
Quote:

They've tried to change since the sun quickly set on Mack Brown's glorious run on the "Forty Acres." They hired the first African-American head coach in school history (Charlie Strong), then did next to nothing to support him [BS]. Hell, they even threw $100 million at Nick Saban to see if he'd leave Alabama.[BS]

Now we turn to Herman, a sharp and charismatic can of Red Bull, a man who doesn't settle for fools and doesn't dance with political correctness. He is, in the parlance of all things 10 gallon, genuine Texan.[Huh?]
He seems flawless.
notex
AG
This is my favorite part;

"When Herman arrived late in November after three straight losing seasons under Strong, Texas was a picked-over carcass on the range: Players with empty emotional tanks, and deep-pocket boosters with too much power. Faded facilities among the worst in the Big 12, and years of dysfunction from an administration that at one time was better than any other in college athletics."
petey88

Good morning guys,

I'm back, staff actually reinstated me last Wednesday, but have been busy with other stuff.

Whorns are still whorns I see
elfurioso92
AG
Quote:

He has the track record of rebuilding a middling program (Houston) and has coached the majority of his career in Texas. He doesn't drink sweet tea, and he sure as hell knows that BBQ is beefand maybe pork.

He is the perfect fit they've been looking for in Austin since they somehow lost last year to something called Kansas.
Another sip infomercial. I though Charlie was the coach with exactly what they needed. I kept hearing about how he was doing things the right way, getting rid of troublemakers and otherwise cleaning up the mess that Mack left behind. I guess he was a sweet tea with BBQ chicken kind of guy after all.

We'll see how they spin it once Herman has a meltdown with reporters like he did in Houston.
2wealfth Man
AG
Madman said:

Their '16 recruiting class would like to speak with the author
DatTallArchitect
AG
elfurioso92 said:

We'll see how they spin it once Herman has a meltdown with reporters like he did in Houston.
They are already ahead of you there. They are keeping the reporters at a distance and making sure they know they are on a very short leash.
85AustinAg
AG
usmcbrooks
goodAg80
AG
usmcbrooks said:

Our-turn-to-rule
AG
Ticket sales the true measure
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
BiochemAg97
AG
notex said:

FThis is my favorite part;

"When Herman arrived late in November after three straight losing seasons under Strong, Texas was a picked-over carcass on the range: Players with empty emotional tanks, and deep-pocket boosters with too much power. Faded facilities among the worst in the Big 12, and years of dysfunction from an administration that at one time was better than any other in college athletics."

How do they expect Herman to fix the "deep pocketed boosters with too much power"? Heck, one is the AD.
stexagg
"genuine Texan".....LOL.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.