Sips caught cheating

4 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Muy
ILuvAgLand
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Chrissy sims admitting to accepting money from boosters on the dan Patrick show. Hopefully the NCAA will investigate.
I knew they were, now we have proof
aTm2004
AG
Cote's wife said the same and nothing happened.
03_Aggie
Newsflash: It's happening at all schools. Even ones with not so good teams.
agforlife97
AG
I was in grad school there at the time when Simms was there. He was often spotted driving a white Escalade through campus. Now, his family certainly has money, but this is not shocking. Virtually all their players get hooked up with the local dealerships - they all paid cash of course.
aggieclay
Ncaa wont do *****
aTm2004
AG
I had initially planned on going to t.u. (Bonfire collapse and how Ags came together triggered the voice in my head that A&M was where I needed to be), and they would occasionally send the student newspaper to me my senior year of HS ('99-00). I guess they do that for all admitted students? Seemed weird, but whatever.

I remember reading an article about when Chrissy arrived on campus and how a limo was sent for him from the airport and the first impressions his teammates had was him arriving in a limo. Now, I know his dad made millions in the NFL, but if I were in his shoes, I'd be showing up in a compact rental from the airport to not give off a bad image from the start.
Aggie
AG
It happens at every school

It happens at Texas A&M also

trm94
AG
NCAA will NEVER investigate the sips, and they know it
CoachLB
Yeah everyone does do it. The difference is if a wife of a former star player from A&M called a National ESPN show like Mike & Mike like Colts' wife did and say players took money from boosters ESPN would have launched the biggest investigation in history. Instead it was never mentioned again. Now Simms says he took money. Sounds like it was a common thing for the Horns. When Johnny was accused of the autograph thing Rovell and ESPN chased Johnny around like he was Bin Laden. If you looked at that Brokers page, he had every star in college footballs autograph for sale. But Johnny was the only one they went after. So yeah, everybody does it. But only some get called out for it.
tk for tu juan
Sims' performance in the Big12CG was probably enough punishment. Those dumbasses should have started Applewhite
vol4ever
Sims committed to my alma mater (the original U.T.), then reneged, claiming that there was racial discrimination there that he didn't approve of which was rich considering that the Vols had a black quarterback while he was in diapers. Now, I realize we got outbid.
Fightin Ag491
vol4ever said:

Sims committed to my alma mater (the original U.T.), then reneged, claiming that there was racial discrimination there that he didn't approve of which was rich considering that the Vols had a black quarterback while he was in diapers. Now, I realize we got outbid.
First of all, this came out a year ago and nothing happened. NCAA doesn't do a damn thing

Second, bro, please. They might do some shadier recruiting than most, but $100 handshakes type of activity from boosters happens at every school in the FBS. Except maybe BYU or Hawaii. Literally every school

Maybe Texas did lure him away illegally, but it'd have to be with something much bigger than just $100 handshakes
The Reverse Apache Master
AG
Odd since he went to an almost exclusively white high school.
BVAg85
AG
Haven't sips always said that they're one of the only schools in country that doesn't cheat because everyone wants to play for them.
Al Bula
AG
Glad to see this troll thread at least got moved to the OR board.
Cant Think of a Name
AG
Do we have a link of any kind i can forward to sips i know?
Flashdiaz
AG
http://m.chron.com/sports/longhorns/article/Former-UT-quarterback-Chris-Simms-admits-he-took-11882650.php?ipid=mobctp
switzerland
I would be willing to bet most of those handshakes came from colorado fans
Schrute Farms
Chip Brown led with this story this morning.

They pretty much glossed over the comment and made fun of people who prefer Applewhite over Simms & how he had success over A&M. Guess it wasn't noteworthy enough to explore.
kb2001
AG
aTm2004 said:

I had initially planned on going to t.u. (Bonfire collapse and how Ags came together triggered the voice in my head that A&M was where I needed to be), and they would occasionally send the student newspaper to me my senior year of HS ('99-00). I guess they do that for all admitted students? Seemed weird, but whatever.

I remember reading an article about when Chrissy arrived on campus and how a limo was sent for him from the airport and the first impressions his teammates had was him arriving in a limo. Now, I know his dad made millions in the NFL, but if I were in his shoes, I'd be showing up in a compact rental from the airport to not give off a bad image from the start.
Goldilocks debut to campus was laughed about endlessly on this site. Makes me old to realize that was almost 20 years ago
Johnny2Fan
You'll do fookn nottin...
88jrt06
AG
switzerland said:

I would be willing to bet most of those handshakes came from colorado fans

Droll is dead, bank-fraud.
Muy
AG
Aggie said:

It happens at every school

It happens at Texas A&M also

Then we'll wait for that 5-star to come out and tell us. Moral relevancy with no basis.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.