Baylor And Drug Testing

3,293 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by petey88
Madman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20342799/baylor-bears-avoided-random-drug-testing-according-book

Quote:

According to Baylor regents and other administrators, its athletics department avoided random drug testing because of the university's overall strict policy against marijuana use, in which one reported incident might lead to suspension for a semester and a second incident could result in expulsion. Since the university's strict conduct code might derail a student-athlete's career, athletics department officials didn't think it was fair to subject them to random testing.

"What was really happening was the underlying message to them is, 'Hey, the rules don't apply to you,'" one regent said in the book. "You know, and they have been hearing that since the seventh grade anyway. Some rules do apply to everybody, and telling them they don't apply is not calculated to make them productive citizens."
SupaManu
AG
Shocker
Caesar4
AG
Wow. Just, wow.
The Collective
AG
Damn.
Al Bula
AG
What a pathetic POS institution.
J.P. 03
AG
Quote:

In January 2014, Elliott was convicted of raping Jasmin Hernandez on April 15, 2012. He was also accused of sexually assaulting three other women while playing at Baylor. He is serving a 20-year sentence in Texas and is eligible for parole in 2024.

McLennan County assistant district attorney Hilary LaBorde, who was critical of the way Waco police investigated Elliott, questioned whether its officers were properly trained to handle cases involving sexual assault. She also questioned whether there was enough cooperation between Waco police and Baylor police during their investigations.

"Would it occur to probably a small child that they should call Baylor PD and tell them, 'Hey, this guy now has two different events? Yes," LaBorde said in the book. "Honestly, do I think it occurred to Waco PD? No, I don't."

Seriously, can we skip this NCAA dog and pony show and just jump straight to the death penalty?
91_Aggie
AG
Baylor has Baylored up this entire Baylor situation in a truly historic Baylor way.

LSB_2002
AG
Baylor keeps taking it on the chin...........

That school is an absolute disaster!
AgOutsideAustin
AG
I don't care if the major players aren't there anymore there is no way all that stuff is cleared up and everything is back to the Grant Teaff days.

I'll say it again I can't believe Dads continue to send their daughters there.
petey88

briles should be in prison
W
AG
absolutely rotten to the core
dreyOO
It's disgusting what full grown men will do to "win" a few football games.

Evil ****ers have a judgement day coming
redd38
AG
Classic Baylor.
AggieTFA06
AG
I'm surprised this didn't come out last Friday
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
petey88

well, ESiPN didn't need it for ratings considering the NFL weekend was right there. Today, all they have is baseball & ******* stories
DifferenceMaker Ag
Just to clarify, if you are a high school prospect that wants to smoke all the weed you can smoke, take all the steroids you can take and rape all the girls you can rape, then Baylor is the place for you.

I fully support NK's decision to perform their next nuclear test at Baylor.
petey88

I wonder how many angels HC Rhule has that are stoners up there considering one or two of his coaching hires got arrested for hookers.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was a stoner as well.
AggieTFA06
AG
How long has it been since the last embarrassing Baylor story?
tamuags08
AG
91_Aggie said:

Baylor has Baylored up this entire Baylor situation in a truly historic Baylor way.

Is that like getting out-whataburger'd, but instead of a delicious burger, it's a big steaming pile of **** ?
titanmaster_race
So....... NCAA gonna actually do something?
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

petey88
AggieTFA06 said:

maybe two weeks, at best

maybe I'll look it up later, but it's so routine now

those lousy *******s are sweating it, it going to take years of squirming and bad publicity,...much, much longer than the State Penn fiasco
AggieTFA06
AG
schwack schwack- thanks for posting. I always get a laugh out of those types of gifs.

petey 88- It's absolutely sad that we are wondering when the last embarrassing incident involving Baylor took place, but I agree with what you say.

petey88

here's today's new story

http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Baylor-settles-with-woman-who-said-rape-was-ignored-440647923.html

Edit : AggieTFA06,....the irony proceeds me, we were here at the same time
AggieTFA06
AG
petey88 said:

here's today's new story

http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Baylor-settles-with-woman-who-said-rape-was-ignored-440647923.html

Another story? Today?

Start the counter back to zero.
petey88

Today:

http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Baylor-rape-victim-seeks-to-drop-Briles-McCaw-from-lawsuit-440635213.html
AggieTFA06
AG
petey88 said:

here's today's new story

Link doesn't work
petey88
AggieTFA06 said:

petey88 said:

here's today's new story

Link doesn't work
yeah, my bad,...KWTX killed that and rewrote it:

http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Baylor-rape-victim-seeks-to-drop-Briles-McCaw-from-lawsuit-440635213.html

I saw it earlier today, read it, had to go take care some of things and just now getting back to it. Appears to me, they pulled the story most likely from a baylro lawyer threat. But, that's just my opinion.

I personally haven't seen something yanked off their website that quick, and another version pop up. But then again, their main News Anchor Julie Hays, was an avid Art Briles supporter as I read here on a post,...she would hang out at his house pool outside of waco before he sold the place after he was fired. She's a lifer at that TV station, nestled in a secure job.

And waco just loves her, so she probably won't be going anywhere.

I call it CYA by KWTX

I am not an attorney, just speaking my opinion.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.