Horns competition.

9,920 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by No Bat Soup For You
Actual Talking Thermos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CoachLB said:

Preseason polls really mean very little.. And usually by mid season look nothing like the preseason poll.
I wish that was true. In reality, poll inertia is absolutely a thing. Going into week four, the preseason #1 team may have played only cupcakes and conference dregs, but they'll still be #1. Meanwhile a team that started unranked and unheralded could be 3-0 with better wins over cupcakes and win over a very good team, and they'll be lucky to crack the top 15. If a team beats that untested preseason #1 team, they'll probably leapfrog right past the team that started unranked and has a better resume, and preseason #1 will still be in the top 10.
DatTallArchitect
AG
How is any team 3-0 at mid-season? 6-0, sure! They just won't be 3-0. But I understand reading comprehension is hard for sips... especially for T-shirt fans
Chosen One
Here is what I like about the Texas schedule.

6 strong possibilities at wins, 6 strong teams, we go ,500 against the 6 good teams we are walking into our bowl game looking to have a 10 win season.

Ags have 3 easy wins, and after that nothing is given, that is why I predict 7-5 season for Sumlin, and a pink slip. He gets 8 and he probably keeps his job.

I'm pulling for 8 wins.
The Wonderer
AG
Chosen One said:

6 strong possibilities at wins, 6 strong teams, we go ,500 against the 6 good teams we are walking into our bowl game looking to have a 10 win season.

Ags have 3 easy wins, and after that nothing is given, that is why I predict 7-5 season for Sumlin, and a pink slip. He gets 8 and he probably keeps his job.

I'm pulling for 8 wins.
All I'm saying is Kansas.

And Sumlin gets walked if less than 9 wins with at least two being signature wins.
Chosen One
No way the AD fires a coach with an 8 win season unless they already know who they want to replace him and he has already agreed to be the next coach. Even 7 wins is a stretch but an argument can be made. 8 wins going into your bowl game and you fire him and win that bowl game you are setting yourself up for a lot of grief, especially since he is your first black head coach.

No way Texas fires Charlie Strong if he wasn't such a complete and total failure, hell our AD had no intention of firing him if he beat Kansas and got Texas to a bowl game. Charlie made it easy for Texas by losing to Kansas, I doubt Sumlin does the same for A&M.
The Wonderer
AG
Chosen One said:

No way the AD fires a coach with an 8 win season unless they already know who they want to replace him and he has already agreed to be the next coach. Even 7 wins is a stretch but an argument can be made. 8 wins going into your bowl game and you fire him and win that bowl game you are setting yourself up for a lot of grief, especially since he is your first black head coach.

No way Texas fires Charlie Strong if he wasn't such a complete and total failure, hell our AD had no intention of firing him if he beat Kansas and got Texas to a bowl game. Charlie made it easy for Texas by losing to Kansas, I doubt Sumlin does the same for A&M.
uhhh, this makes a 9 win season...
SgtBarbarossa
Whoa, tu broke the top 30 this year. Brutal.

2017 SOS Rankings
Mr Global Warming
CoachLB said:

I could select 8 position coaches from Texags and we could win 6.

I got dibs on D-line or pass-rushing drills.
petey88
Barbarossa said:

2017 SOS Rankings

very brutal, they are behind their Little 10 big brothers:

• tceh
  • Iowa State
  • Okie Lite State
  • sips

Ok sippies, tell us more how great things are,.... according to ESiPN, here, you clowns are rated higher than OU, so how much are they going to kick sip ass by this year ?

(cue up the Chollie in the gold cowboy hat photos)

It's going to be a fun year for the sippies

CoachLB
Horn AD fired Mack after an 8 win season if I am not mistaken. And he was the Horns all time Coach in wins.
CoachLB
petey88

and that whorn AD was fired, then the HC, things are in great shape at t.u.

Hot Lips Herman just works
CoachLB
We will just have to disagree on this. The horns could be gone after week one. THe committee poll is all that matters. Baylor stayed n the top four until the last poll and TCU was right there too I believe. Then both Baylor and TCU got left out because of the cupcakes they played. There should be no poll until at week 5.
aggiehawg
AG
ActualTalkingThermos said:

CoachLB said:

Preseason polls really mean very little.. And usually by mid season look nothing like the preseason poll.
I wish that was true. In reality, poll inertia is absolutely a thing. Going into week four, the preseason #1 team may have played only cupcakes and conference dregs, but they'll still be #1. Meanwhile a team that started unranked and unheralded could be 3-0 with better wins over cupcakes and win over a very good team, and they'll be lucky to crack the top 15. If a team beats that untested preseason #1 team, they'll probably leapfrog right past the team that started unranked and has a better resume, and preseason #1 will still be in the top 10.
That was very true during the BCS regime. Not so much with CFP Committee. A quality win is still a quality win, irrespective of where it occurs during the season.

That's why there was so much controversy about Oklahoma getting a slot a few years back and Washington last year. Where were the quality wins?
petey88

one can't argue with truth and reason
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
Chosen One said:

I'm pulling for 8 wins.

So you're saying tu wins 9 regular season games!! You sure about that Clark?? You got some money in your wallet to back up those strong words??

BWHAAAAAAAAAAS
aggiehawg
AG
petey88 said:

I have found throughout my very long life that that truism has never stopped much of anyone from arguing anyway.

What really burns my butter is when they circle back around and say they have been arguing my point all along.

Broke The Hubs of that tendency pretty quickly.
goodAg80
AG
aggiehawg said:

petey88 said:

I have found throughout my very long life that that truism has never stopped much of anyone from arguing anyway.

What really burns my butter is when they circle back around and say they have been arguing my point all along.

Broke The Hubs of that tendency pretty quickly.
I really don't agree. Reason prevails in an argument.
petey88

both spoken within the boundaries I consider fair game, I don't like bull****ters, criminals and liars

I am known as brutally honest, and I don't care if I hurt someone's feeling at times,

the truth hurts, live with it, it's not going away
Chosen One
Why is SOS even a discussion?

SOS are for teams that make the playoffs, and neither Texas or A&M is going to do that. Every Texas fan will agree that you play the tougher conference schedule, and UCLA makes you non conference schedule very respectable. But the 29th toughest schedule is nothing to laugh at especially with 3 top 10 teams on schedule.
leftcoastaggie
AG

Quote:

Texas has one of the toughest schedules in the country this year. I'd be ecstatic with 8 wins.

So this post was B.S.?

Quote:

2017 SOS Rankings

usmcbrooks
Your Friend said:

Texas has one of the toughest schedules in the country this year. I'd be ecstatic with 8 wins.
Texan1976
You guys love to brag about all those good teams that beat you. What, you have two wins against SEC teams with winning conference records in 5 years?

The SEC has the most embarrassing collection of coaches in the P5. It really is Alabama and the dwarves.
goodAg80
AG
Texan1976 said:

You guys love to brag about all those good teams that beat you. What, you have two wins against SEC teams with winning conference records in 5 years?

The SEC has the most embarrassing collection of coaches in the P5. It really is Alabama and the dwarves.

That is so much worse than this. Right?

85AustinAg
AG
trm94
AG
Texas schedule is absolute garbage... the little 10 just props themselves up with their votes. Seriously, as bad as we are, we'd wipe the toilet with the sips this year. Wouldn't have to pass the ball once
Chosen One
trm94 said:

Texas schedule is absolute garbage... the little 10 just props themselves up with their votes. Seriously, as bad as we are, we'd wipe the toilet with the sips this year. Wouldn't have to pass the ball once

This post reminds me of my aunt's little chihuahua; you see he likes to bark at bigger dogs on the porch, but runs crying back to mama when the big dog pays attention.

Stop worrying about Texas and prepare for your annual raping from LSU, Ole Miss, Bama, and MSU.

But then again since rape will be inevitable, you guys seemed to have perfected the art of laying back and enjoying it.

Here is hoping you reach 8 wins.
Aggies Revenge
AG
Chosen One said:

trm94 said:

But then again since rape will be inevitable, you guys seemed to have perfected the art of laying back and enjoying it.

Speaking of which:

Ag83
AG
Chosen One said:

trm94 said:

This post reminds me of my aunt's little chihuahua; you see he likes to bark at bigger dogs on the porch, but runs crying back to mama when the big dog pays attention.

Stop worrying about Texas and prepare for your annual raping from LSU, Ole Miss, Bama, and MSU.

Here is hoping you reach 8 wins.
Kansas.
aggiehawg
AG
Chosen One said:

SOS are for teams that make the playoffs, and neither Texas or A&M is going to do that. Every Texas fan will agree that you play the tougher conference schedule, and UCLA makes you non conference schedule very respectable. But the 29th toughest schedule is nothing to laugh at especially with 3 top 10 teams on schedule.
You really still don't understand how the CFP works, yet, do you?

That's laughable.
Chosen One
aggiehawg said:

Chosen One said:

You really still don't understand how the CFP works, yet, do you?

That's laughable.
Please clue me in? How does SOS affect rankings and things if you are say 9-3? You think it matters if you are the 18th ranked team or the 20th ranked team? If your not 1-4 you are in a bowl game that doesn't matter.

What matters is quality wins, not quality losses. I'd rather lose to kansas and fire my coach than brag about getting pounded by Bama.
ABATTBQ87
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

Your Friend said:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA;

Dang Maryland just beat a top 25 team!!!
No Bat Soup For You
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

Your Friend said:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA;

Dang Maryland just beat a top 25 team!!!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.