Horns competition.

9,912 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by No Bat Soup For You
CoachLB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Horns play 6 teams who have a combined record of 33-54 last season. TCU, Iowa st., Texas Tech, Kansas, Maryland and San Jose St. all had losing records. Baylor finished 7-6 and were 3-6 in conference after winning some games against a weak non - conference schedule. So if Herman does not win 7or 8 games at least this season you got the wrong guy. I could select 8 position coaches fromTexags and we could win 6.
BESCo91
AG
CoachLB said:

TCU, Iowa St., Texas Tech, Kansas, Maryland and San Jose St. all had losing records.
I think the sips can go .500 in those 6 games.
CoachLB
I assume you are counting Kansas as a loss.
Doesn't matter. We could be playing the blind little sisters of the poor for 12 straight games. A winning record (regardless of opponents) will be cause for jubilation.

But thanks for the schedule analysis.
Your Friend
Texas has one of the toughest schedules in the country this year. I'd be ecstatic with 8 wins.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Your Friend said:

Texas has one of the toughest schedules in the country this year. I'd be ecstatic with 8 wins.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA;
Ronnie Mund
Your Friend said:

Why would you have feelings for a win/loss record for a school you have zero affiliation with?
petey88
Your Friend said:

what's the Sam Houston State schedule look like ?
CoachLB
I agree. This is meant for the guys who are drinking the burnt orange kool-aid.
CoachLB
The horn schedule came up when I was talking college football with a guy I coach with. So we took a look in order to make a season record prediction. But seriously did Ketch tell you the horns have a tough schedule. Because only a giant burnt orange homer could twist the Horn schedule into one anyone would think is tough
jja79
AG
Your Friend said:

USC and the Oklahomas plus 9 also rans equals a tough schedule?
huisachel
One of the also rans is K State. Think they won their bowl game
David_Puddy
AG
jja79 said:

Your Friend said:

Part of this clown's "schtick" is posting stupid sh-t like this to get a reaction. Been doing it for 13+ years now.
Your Friend
jja79 said:

Your Friend said:

Texas faces 6 teams in the espn top 25
trm94
AG
Texas has a pathetic schedule, but also a pathetic OL and hobbled QB to go along with it. In a real conference they would reach new lows. In the crap that is the Little 10, they might squeak out 7 wins.

Maybe
Schrute
Your Friend said:

leftcoastaggie
AG
Your Friend said:

jja79 said:

Your Friend said:

Dude, Texas is in the top 25. That right there tells you how worthless a preseason top 25 is.
AgGrad99
AG
huisachel said:

You sure you wanna compare losses to Kansas programs?
CoachLB
Bowl games mean nothing if it is not the final 4. Teams have weeks to prepare. To one team in may mean everything to the other not as much. Two teams playing with something on the line like conference etc and everything changes. And I would say the same thing had A&M won.
CoachLB
Yeah just like the horns played preseason #4 ND. That finished 4-8 last season. Or how the Big 12 has the most ranked teams in basketball and are called the best conference in the nation only to have all of their teams gone by round 2 of the tourney most years. Preseason polls really mean very little.. And usually by mid season look nothing like the preseason poll.
jja79
AG
Your Friend said:

jja79 said:

Your Friend said:

What does that matter? Like Notre Dame was top 10 last year?
BVAg85
AG
ESPN does have a 5 - 7 team in their top 25, so I don't know if that's something to be bragging about.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Your Friend said:

If you're talking about "tough" as in tough for your fans to watch because all your match-ups are snooze fests, you'd be correct.
ignatiusreilly4ever
Prolly cuz they do have a tough schedule-
14th hardest according to Athlon
12th according to bleacher report.
Not sure about Phil steele but pretty sure he has them up there.
It is what it is.

*do agree preseason rankings mean almost zero
Flexbone
huisachel said:

What's our record against your ****ty league since we left again? Oh, right. 2 blowout wins, and 1 close loss where we were without NINE starters and still had the ball at the end with a chance to win. Texas was 1-2 against that slate.
petey88

he's a pole smoker
aginlakeway
AG
Your Friend said:

jja79 said:

Your Friend said:

Are you still counting ND as a win over a top 25 win last year? Just curious ...
Canyon99
My son's seventh grade football team could win eight games with the Longhorn schedule.
CajunAg86
ignatiusreilly4ever said:

Prolly cuz they do have a tough schedule-
14th hardest according to Athlon
12th according to bleacher report.
Not sure about Phil steele but pretty sure he has them up there.
It is what it is.

*do agree preseason rankings mean almost zero

Steele had the dips in the top 4 a couple of years ago (preseason) when I think they had their first 5-7 "never again" season. So if Steele thinks they are good they may go 4-8.

Edit - Sips (although dips works too)
trm94
AG
Sips aren't going to win eight with that OL, unless things drastically change. One more injury, and their season is up in flames. They only have a hobbled true freshman behind that line, and a starting QB that was truly terrible

I'm also expecting Herman to lose it when the media freaks out after USC completely demolishes them
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
petey88

all we need now is Decade Plan's Dear Cote thread
Joe Exotic
AG
Your Friend said:

jja79 said:

Your Friend said:

There's a team in the top 25 that went 5-7 last yearz
BVAg85
AG
I always thought the sip line was that the Aggies are stupid for moving into a tougher conference and tu was smart for staying in the BDF because "easiest path to the playoffs." So what's the story this week? Aggies are bad because they're in a easy conference and longhorns are good because they're in a hard conference?
The Wonderer
AG
I thought this was about the Klanhorns and recent events

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.