Arkansas signs 10 year $137 million deal for media rights

3,603 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by petey88
mulch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not a math guy but I'm pretty sure that works out to $13.7 million a year...

ON TOP of the $40+ million they get from the SEC distribution.

Nice contract you're locked into sips.

Long Live LHN

AgOutsideAustin
AG
That's borderline erotic money right there.
petey88

IMG money at that

wait till the clown show gets to read it
Bonfire1996
AG
The SEC Network spawned the advent of tier 4 money, something the sips and the Big 12 don't even have access to. Not really big news as it has been discussed on Old Rivalries for years.
RGLAG85
AG
So when does ours come up for renewal? Can't wait to see Randolph's head explode!
WALTON LOADS!
AG
We renewed our deal with Learfield last year but I can't find any info on financials.
etexorange
" something the sips and the Big 12 don't even have access to."

LOL, what?

Do you even know what these rights include?

radio, corporate sponsorship, hospitality, print, signage and other advertising.

Did you miss the Corona deal for the longhorns recently? Just a small part of the millions flowing in annually, totally separate from TV deals.
Your Friend
Bonfire?
Fishing Fools
Millions and ur school is still broke!!!
etexorange
Where do you get the notion that the Longhorns are broke?

Still hanging on to that $3 million deficit three or four years ago, the only time that happened in nearly 20 years?

Against $60 million in cash reserves?

Or maybe you are referring to the sizable "false profit" for A&M's AD, realized because you counted construction project contributions as revenue, while failing to put that debt service (the outlay) as an expense in the same budget?
Joe Exotic
AG
Pissed because his school is poor
Fishing Fools
No. I don't watch the continuous loop of a dozen games on the LHN. But it's common knowledge that ur school is broke. Even top sip donors I know have concerns.
Ronnie Mund
etexorange said:

Still hanging on to that $3 million deficit three or four years ago, the only time that happened in nearly 20 years?

Or maybe you are referring to the sizable "false profit" for A&M's AD, realized because you counted construction project contributions as revenue, while failing to put that debt service (the outlay) as an expense in the same budget?

Defend your school's honor!
petey88

yep, this yo yo isn't the brightest one in the sip toy box
petey88
etexorange said:

" something the sips and the Big 12 don't even have access to."

LOL, what?

Do you even know what these rights include?

radio, corporate sponsorship, hospitality, print, signage and other advertising.

Did you miss the Corona deal for the longhorns recently? Just a small part of the millions flowing in annually, totally separate from TV deals.

so sips like crappy imported beer brewed by Grupo Modelo, which is a large brewery in Mexico owned by Belgian company Anheuser Busch InBev. It has 63% of the Mexican beer market, and exports beer to most countries of the world.

Corona ~ 3.6% alcohol by weight, 4.6% alcohol by volume, 0 grams of fat, 148 calories per 12-oz. bottle.

So is that game with USC in Mexico City being rescheduled ?

Flexbone
etexorange said:

Texas counts those same capital contributions as revenue. They also don't include the expenses associated with concerts at the Erwin Center on the income statement,yet do include the revenue from them as "athletic dept revenue". They also include all revenues from apparel and licensing from ANYWHERE as attributable to the AD. And by the way, profit and loss/income statements aren't the same thing as a "budget" you moron.

The fact that you know how long it's been since Texas' AD has reported a deficit, or how much they claim to have in cash reserves is so far beyond pathetic and sad it's impossible to describe.
petey88

yep, this yo yo isn't the brightest one in the sip toy box

Copy & paste from above, here we ago again folks, this clown makes it so easy
etexorange
Still no reply about the idiotic claim that Big 12 teams don't get revenue from radio, game program ads, in-game media, corporate sponsorships and the other components of multimedia deals.

Just a whole lot of braying like jackasses, and lies.
(Removed:11023A)
AG
Still no answer from you regarding your AD's magnificent accounting make believe efforts
Flexbone
etexorange said:

Still no reply about the idiotic claim that Big 12 teams don't get revenue from radio, game program ads, in-game media, corporate sponsorships and the other components of multimedia deals.

Lies? The other day you claimed we were the "self proclaimed" greatest fans but had tens of thousands of empty seats at season's ends after "terrible seasons." And you're accusing someone else of making crap up? Who cares if they do? It isn't nearly as much as the deal Arkansas just made for any of them. I don't know any Texas fan in real life that actually defends the Big 12. Good grief how pathetic.
Science Denier
AG
mulch said:

I'm not a math guy but I'm pretty sure that works out to $13.7 million a year...

ON TOP of the $40+ million they get from the SEC distribution.

Nice contract you're locked into sips.

Long Live LHN

Do you have a link to this? That's pretty insane money.
Your Friend
Bonfire?
ignatiusreilly4ever
If the purpose of the OP's post is to show how lucrative a contract Arky just received despite questionable play on the field (mostly due to being in our league), then + 1.
But if it's to say the sips are poor by comparison, then -1. They are one of the wealthiest unis in the world even if they are in a leaky turd boat of a conference.
mulch
AG
Quote:

Arkansas sees multimedia rights increase of nearly 90 percent with IMG College extension

By Michael Smith, Staff Writer

Published August 14, 2017, Page 3
The University of Arkansas has agreed to a 10-year, $137 million multimedia rights extension with IMG College that will be among the most lucrative in the country. Included in the guaranteed revenue will be $6 million that is earmarked for the installation of Wi-Fi

Https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2017/08/14/Colleges/Arkansas.aspx
Bonfire1996
AG
etexorange said:

First off, I claimed nothing of the sort. I claimed the sips and the big 12 have no idea what Tier 4 revenue is. It is obvious you agree with me as the items you list above are, in big 12 terms, traditionally bundled as Tier 3 assets and sold. Other sponsorships like you describe with Corona, are piecemealed out, cost overhead to manage, and generally return marginally to the AD. You would be wise to watch out for that "Overhead" I just brought up. In terms of Texas, it is causing you to discuss such red flags to financial organizations such as "cash reserves" and "revenue generation" whereas financially sound organizations get to discuss such terms as "operational cash flow".

It's been a while since you had operational cash flow, you should look into it. Maybe in 2025, right?
petey88
etexorange said:

**** for breakfast is tasty to a dumbass like you
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.