Behind The Scenes in Austin

8,167 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by petey88
FJB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd bet that they'd get raucus with a dildo giveaway for the first 95,000 fans thru the turnstiles. It would also kill off traditional advertising on the jumbotron except for Adam & Eve or Valtrex. Two birds with one stone which would make Plugger happy.
BiochemAg97
AG
AgStuckinLBK said:

I've been to about 30 home UT games mainly between 1997-2009 and about 50 A&M games between 2002-present and the sips have a problem with a small student section, pretentious fans and a poor home slate. The RRR got pretty loud some years but it was probably all the meth the okies brought in but I think if some of those games against OU had been played at home, DKR could have been rocking.

The most hyped sip home game I went to was 2006 Ohio State and it was pretty bleh so was the score though as tOSU never really showed much weakness. The 1998 game when Rocky broke the rushing record was loud for that moment but that was it. 2004 or 2005 OSU was pretty loud towards the end but that was after a huge comeback. '99 Nebraska was another game that kind of loud but not anything impressive

Compare it to 2002 A&M and OU or 2004 A&M and Tech or 2009 Nebraska where you had the scream in people's ears just for them to barely understand you.

In the end, it's more a cultural difference between fans as opposed to size or stadium dynamics or advertisements

so what you are saying is no matter what Herman and the AD and the next coach and the next AD do, it isn't going to change.
brainman5000
AG
Our fans can scream louder than yours! We're more awesome!

What does that matter, again? Only the weak recruits care about crap like that.
Madman
AG
Did you log into the wrong account?
McInnis80
Since Herman wants the ads on the Board and the Stadium to go away, how does he propose to replace the $10M in-game revenue from ads and sponsorships? Someone has to pay for all the warm bodies in Belmont?
brainman5000
AG
Madman said:

Did you log into the wrong account?

Oops, that wasn't the party line. Yes, I'm a sip plant. Who took the trouble to get a tag. You caught me. Dumbass.

It's all bs, you know... But let's keep pretending it's all what it seems. F-250s only go to the opposition. Our coaches don't call hookers. Straight and narrow for us!

Dumbass.
Flexbone
brainman5000 said:

What does matter? Does winning matter to you as a fan? If so, why? It has nothing to do with you, nor you with it.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
brainman5000 said:

Well Herman seems to care. Unless he's just being a dumass. I suppose game day atmosphere is for dumbasses. Let's remove stadium seats and all quietly observe sporting results from the privacy of our own homes. Apparently, that's what the smarter and better people do.
BohunkAg
AG
Wait, are you trying to argue that recruits don't care about gameday atmosphere?

I mean, of course they care about winning first and foremost, but holy sh-t.
W
AG
credit to Plonsky.

it's absolutely remarkable she has managed to stay on this long
WestAustinAg
AG
brainman5000 said:

Yea big time recruits at Texas couldn't give a **** about having a home field advantage...they're just focused on making sure the deliveries of cash, free housing and no lease automobiles continue unabated...
titanmaster_race
BiochemAg97 said:

Wow, CP as women's athletic director has advocated for women's athletics as AD and as director of marketing she has sold a bunch of advertising. She also wants to keep the big donors who pay for everything happy. Sounds like she is doing a terrible job.

Did you skip over all the nepotism bits? Read up on the women's soccer coach portion of the article. She is so bad that her players started a petition that basically said they were done with soccer if Kelly 's contract was renewed. Instead of canning her like should have happened, Plonsky gave her a raise AND a 3 year guaranteed new contract.

Maybe this is a hit piece by someone on the 40 acres, but it doesn't seem to be an unjustified one.
ABATTBQ87
AG
brainman5000 said:

"You know, this is the first place we've played for a long, long time that we never got booed when we came out," Saban said. "First place. I'm telling you. It's a really nice facility. They had 105,000 people. And they cheered their tail off for their team. And they made it hard for us to play."

Saban praises A&M crowd: (Kyle Field) 'is the kind of place we should be'
brainman5000
AG
Y'all do realize that big time recruits want to make the NFL? Playing in the SEC is good because of the level of competition. NFL scouts don't give a damn about game day environment. But keep paying your money and screaming at the top of your lungs. That's what wins football games and draws in the studs.
petey88

what kind of ****ing moron are you ?
The Collective
AG
Plonsky is probably not someone I'd attack and float all of her issues in public... bet she has a **** load of dirt. It's going to be a sweet golden parachute for her.
brainman5000
AG
petey88 said:

You tell me, you're the one telling people where to stick dildos.
BiochemAg97
AG
brainman5000 said:

Y'all do realize that big time recruits want to make the NFL? Playing in the SEC is good because of the level of competition. NFL scouts don't give a damn about game day environment. But keep paying your money and screaming at the top of your lungs. That's what wins football games and draws in the studs.

Guess we shouldn't worry about things like players lounges and fancy weight rooms either since recruits only think about which school will be better for my NFL career. They would never consider things like having fun, fan support, relationships with coaches, or anything like that. 100% all business all the time.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
brainman5000 said:

What a pointless argument. Rabid fans and the SEC go hand in hand.

The NFL talent in the SEC didn't just come from thin air.

The SEC became what it is today because of those fans paying their money. Case# 54,327: Saban didn't take the job at Bama because he was attracted to the number of NFL scouts around campus. The large facilities, coach salaries, fancy lockerrooms, off season programs (recruiting favors and money if you are into that sort of thing) are all paid for with $ from fans. Not the sort of fan that avoids attending games, or lacks enthusiasm. No, not every person who buys a ticket or screams is a BMD. But if rich alumni was all it took, SMU would be 'back'.
etexorange
""You know, this is the first place we've played for a long, long time that we never got booed when we came out," Saban said. "First place. I'm telling you. It's a really nice facility. They had 105,000 people. And they cheered their tail off for their team. And they made it hard for us to play."

That will wear off. The constant asskickings will eventually take their toll on the Aggie fans and you will start booing them. Where's the game this year?

petey88
etexorange said:

""You know, this is the first place we've played for a long, long time that we never got booed when we came out," Saban said. "First place. I'm telling you. It's a really nice facility. They had 105,000 people. And they cheered their tail off for their team. And they made it hard for us to play."

That will wear off. The constant asskickings will eventually take their toll on the Aggie fans and you will start booing them. Where's the game this year?

look it up dumbass
goodAg80
AG
petey88 said:

etexorange said:

look it up dumbass
Another lazy horn, who can't do things for themselves.

Keep up the good work Pete.
petey88
goodAg80 said:

petey88 said:

etexorange said:

look it up dumbass
Another lazy horn, who can't do things for themselves.

Keep up the good work Pete.

Thanks, this is fun. I'm retired, so it doesn't take long to give these morons a short answer.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere, I have some stuff to do today
brainman5000
AG
Aggie Joe 93 said:

brainman5000 said:

What a pointless argument. Rabid fans and the SEC go hand in hand.

The NFL talent in the SEC didn't just come from thin air.

The SEC became what it is today because of those fans paying their money. Case# 54,327: Saban didn't take the job at Bama because he was attracted to the number of NFL scouts around campus. The large facilities, coach salaries, fancy lockerrooms, off season programs (recruiting favors and money if you are into that sort of thing) are all paid for with $ from fans. Not the sort of fan that avoids attending games, or lacks enthusiasm. No, not every person who buys a ticket or screams is a BMD. But if rich alumni was all it took, SMU would be 'back'.

We have the biggest and loudest stadium in the SEC. We have the biggest profit in all of college sports. Therefore, we have the most NFL talent. What's Sumlin's problem? Why do we lose 5 games every year?
brainman5000
AG
petey88 said:

brainman5000 said:

petey88 said:

You tell me, you're the one telling people where to stick dildos.
in your case, I don't have to

Good one. You're a better t-shirt than steveo.
Your Friend
Peteys a tshirt fan?
GAC06
AG
You must be ****ing lost.
brainman5000
AG
No tag.
petey88
brainman5000 said:

No tag.

like I said you're wrong dumbass.

been around since 1999. Don't even remember the other two names I had.

BTW, I personally ran a bunch of the low life worthless sips off the old DMN Forum Boards, back during the 66-3 Mackovic years around 1997. I know who Panhandle Slim was there, and we had IIIHorn there too.

DMN changed up their site after I got finished with it

dumbass
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.