Leach still pissed at Tech

4,555 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Andy Farmer
Madman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2017/06/29/mike-leach-angry-texas-tech-washington-state-coach/440102001/

I wonder why he never went after ESPN or Craig James?
Leeman
Wow, why would anyone sign a contract with a state school ? Apparently they can't be sued.
ChipFTAC01
AG
He was on the Ticket a few weeks ago after Stoops retired and he spent half the time taking a dump on Tech and Kirby Hocutt
Madman
AG
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
He got screwed by Tech. I don't blame him. He should at least get the 1.6 million
twk
AG
Madman said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2017/06/29/mike-leach-angry-texas-tech-washington-state-coach/440102001/

I wonder why he never went after ESPN or Craig James?
I believe that he did, but didn't get anywhere. At least that is my recollection.
Furlock Bones
AG
pepe the dog said:

He got screwed by Tech. I don't blame him. He should at least get the 1.6 million
yep. completely effed over. i'd still be pissed as well.
MaterialAg
AG
He has every rational reason to be pissed.
dixichkn
AG
Is this not the school that not so long ago couldn't even afford postage for recruiting letters? And that was in the program's "heyday"...........what in the hell makes Leach think he's going to squeeze any more blood out of that turnip? Even if it is rightfully his.
marble rye
AG
Leeman said:

Wow, why would anyone sign a contract with a state school ? Apparently they can't be sued.

They cant be sued in TX for any judgement over 500K. Lot of talk about that when Bonfire fell and what was owed to families.
coldmoose
Pam Poovey said:

Leeman said:

They cant be sued in TX for any judgement over 500K. Lot of talk about that when Bonfire fell and what was owed to families.

So is that also the max that Bev Kearney will be able to get from tu?
BiochemAg97
AG
Can't sue for more without approval from the ledge. IIRC there was bill proposed to wave immunity for A&M for bonfire claims.

Isn't Bev a federal suit (discrimination), so immunity doesn't apply?
ABATTBQ11
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

Can't sue for more without approval from the ledge. IIRC there was bill proposed to wave immunity for A&M for bonfire claims.

Isn't Bev a federal suit (discrimination), so immunity doesn't apply?

If it's federal, I would think so. Aggiehawg would know.
Tamu_mgm
AG
pepe the dog said:

Yup. The fact that tech falsely fired Leach was the worst mistake they ever made.
buda91
AG
"I wonder why he never went after ESPN or Craig James?"

CJK5H. Don't mess that crazy mofo.
twk
AG
My recollection was correct. He went after Leach and got nothing: Amarillo Court of Appeals opinion
BiochemAg97
AG
twk said:

My recollection was correct. He went after Leach and got nothing: Amarillo Court of Appeals opinion
Reading the appellate opinion, seems the judge was kinda hostile to leech by that time.
Flexbone
You guys are confusing torts and contract law. Sovereign immunity applies to torts, not contract liability.
twk
AG
Flexbone said:

You guys are confusing torts and contract law. Sovereign immunity applies to torts, not contract liability.

Not true. In some states, they consider sovereign immunity to be waived by the state entering into a contract, but not in Texas.
HTownAg98
Texas has one of the strongest defenses to sovereign immunity. Probably has to do with the fact that we became a state after we were our own country.
vin1041
AG
Don't blame the pirate for still being pissed. He got screwed. Ttech football has not been the same without him.
Andy Farmer
twk said:

Flexbone said:

Not true. In some states, they consider sovereign immunity to be waived by the state entering into a contract, but not in Texas.

You gonna sit back and take that Flex?

Finish him!
Flexbone
Andy Farmer said:

twk said:

Flexbone said:

You gonna sit back and take that Flex?

Finish him!

There are two different prongs of immunity, immunity from liability and immunity from suit (irrespective of liability). Texas universities waive immunity from LIABILITY by entering a contract like this. However, not from suit. Leach has to ask the State for permission to sue Tech.
MooreTrucker
AG
Tamu_mgm said:

pepe the dog said:

Yup. The fact that tech falsely fired Leach was the worst mistake they ever made.
He wasn't falsely fired. He was fired for being a dumbass and telling his boss to go f*** himself (probably rightfully so, but still...). On the heels of looking for other jobs 2 or 3 summers in a row.

Where he did get screwed was the timing of the firing, the day before some incentives kicked in. That's where the $1.6 million comes in.

There wasn't a "mistake" because they fired him before he could leave on his own. In any case, he wouldn't still be in Lubbock today (or much past 2011), fired or not.
Andy Farmer
Moore is a smart man.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.