ACC, ESPN still bullish on conference network

5,911 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by realestateguru
MSU/SECALUM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2017/06/26/Media/ESPN-ACC-Network.aspx
Al Bula
AG
Quote:

The ACC also touts its massive footprint, which ranges along the Eastern Seaboard from Miami to Boston, accounting for more than 40 percent of the nation's households.
LOL. "40 percent of the nation's households" that don't watch nearly as much college sports content as the region stretching from Texas to Florida.
etexorange
Doesn't really matter if they watch or not. The in-footprint fee will still get levied against that 40 percent, unless that area doesn't have cable (they do).

Isn't that what y'all were saying about A&M and the SEC Network?

Tech or the University of Houston would have locked in SEC rates across Texas, but y'all were easier pickings because of your massive inferiority complex and penchant to cut your nose off to spite your face.
Stinky T
AG
I smell butt hurt.
LincolnBorglum79
AG
Lol uh or itt tech in SEC. love Tsip delusion
titanmaster_race
If you spend this much time on an Aggie site, you must write novels on forums belonging to your true rival ou.
Your Friend
tu and ou to the SEC?
marble rye
AG
Your Friend said:

tu and ou to the SEC?

**** no and **** you.
Señor Chang
AG
It absolutely matters. That allows the conf networks to negotiate a higher rate. SEC=~$1.30/mo in the footprint, B1G=$1.00, PAC=$. 39.

Last I checked, they were throwing the LHN in for free...
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
etexorange said:

Doesn't really matter if they watch or not. The in-footprint fee will still get levied against that 40 percent, unless that area doesn't have cable (they do).

Tech or the University of Houston would have locked in SEC rates across Texas, but y'all were easier pickings because of your massive inferiority complex and penchant to cut your nose off to spite your face.

your first 2 paras were on target. Yep it's about footprint.

But you couldn't help but make it a butthurt tsip LHN thing could you.

Like we have any inferiority to the team that can't beat KU. the team that has sucked for the better part of 10 years now - calling us mediocre is rich when we've outperformed you and play in the SEC not the weakass BDF. Better record this year in all three major sports as well. You had a losing conference record in all three.

And we cut our nose off????....yeah to the tune of $40+ million per year in conference payout....and a respected TV network...and oh yeah....the most revenue and PROFIT in all of college sports. A few more NCs....a CWS appearance....oh it's so tough i'm not sure i can take it any more.

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/06/22/ballpark-figures-texas-m-reigns-uh-gets-boost-texas-college-sports-rev/

You do realize how much you sound like the spurned ex-GF talking trash about our hot current GF....right?

bwahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!
Paradise Ag
AG
etexorange said:

Buck up lil' sip.

You got your own badass channel with badass yoga and badass fashion shows.

Plus you know you got a decent chance you'll beat either Iowa St or Kansas this year in front of dozens of viewers.
Potcake
AG
Stinky T said:

I smell butt hurt.

Username checks out.
etexorange
Your financial books are cooked. You are including donations toward construction projects in football, baseball and any other capital campaign as revenue, but don't include that debt service as an outlay, or expense.

That explains your huge "profit."

Are you not spending that money on debt service right now and allowing the hotel-motel tax saddled on the consumer at government gunpoint, or the student services fee, to tote the note for a few years on Kyle Field construction, or what?

School me, Aggies.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
etexorange said:

Your financial books are cooked. You are including donations toward construction projects in football, baseball and any other capital campaign as revenue, but don't include that debt service as an outlay, or expense.

Are you not spending that money on debt service right now and allowing the hotel-motel tax saddled on the consumer at government gunpoint, or the student services fee, to tote the note for a few years on Kyle Field construction, or what?

School me, Aggies.

I'm not including anything...that was what was reported.....take it up with the author.

oh and you sound like this

GrapevineAg
AG
etexorange said:

School me, Aggies.
Randy, is that you?
Bottlehead90
AG
So in the tsip's head

An article about the ACC network and they still try to get their digs in

So sad
Potcake
AG
etexorange said:

School me, Aggies.

I'm confident this happens on a daily basis, champ.
HeyMoe
AG
I remember when tu went sucking around the ACC asking if they could join as a non-football member and were told to pound sand.
45-70Ag
AG
People that think the books are cooked are as dumb as the people who believe trump colluded with Russia
Maroon Dawn
AG
Maryland
San Jose State
Kansas State
Okie Lite
Kansas
Sand Tard

You're right, we really made the wrong decision! That could have been OUR home schedule that we were trying to convince people to pay real, actual money for!

But good news! HEB will have your back and include a free 5 pack of tickets with every purchase over $20.00 so the stands will only be mostly empty for all those games!

The Chicken Ranch
AG
Exactly how did we "cut off our nose to spite our face?"

This is probably the stupidest thing I have ever hear in this board.
45-70Ag
AG
etexorange said:

School me, Aggies.

AggieBand2004
AG
Sips complaining about our financials... Sounds like Gore spouting "facts" about climate change.
Keep jousting those windmills, ladies.
Tmoneyag99
AG
GrapevineAg said:

etexorange said:

School me, Aggies.
Randy, is that you?
My thoughts exactly. Someone does not understand Non-Profit accounting. And let's be clear while this may not be a charity organization Aggie Football is still a Non-Profit.

https://www.accountingcoach.com/blog/what-is-the-statement-of-activities

[ol]
  • Revenues such as contributions, program fees, membership dues, grants, investment income, and amounts released from restrictions.
  • [/ol]

Aggie accounting is spot on. According to sfas 116 & 117
    Furthermore, the Financials are audited by a Big 4 Accounting firm. The likelihood of anything being "cooked" is unlikely.

Also, if a contribution is not designated or use restricted it can be used for whatever the organization wants. That being said it's run by some very smart people that have a clue and are likely using that money to pay any debt incurred to build the stadium. A stadium currently with a positive ROI when compared to the cost of capital.

Consider yourself schooled.
    Zombie Jon Snow
    AG

yeah they wish they had donations of that level and debt on new facilities to worry about.

what they have is outdated crap.
    HTownAg98
    etexorange said:

School me, Aggies.

At least we are paying it back. You and your cronies, namely Kirk Watson, managed to pull the wool over the eyes of City of Austin taxpayers, and convinced them to pay for your new medical school in its entirety. We (meaning A&M) at least bought over half the dirt for our new medical school in Round Rock and paid for the construction ourselves. For someone that claims they have more money than the Vatican, duping the taxpayers seems beneath you.
    etexorange
    "Furthermore, the Financials are audited by a Big 4 Accounting firm. The likelihood of anything being "cooked" is unlikely."

This is from the Seattle Times:

"A University of Washington regent slammed former athletic director Scott Woodward on Thursday, saying Woodward did not let the governing board know about a growing deficit in the UW athletic department's budget.

Regent Jeremy Jaech, the board's vice chair, described it as "a bad-faith effort" on Woodward's part to use one-time money, paid in advance to UW for multimedia advertising, and apply it to the budget. Jaech called it "an attempt to make the numbers look better than they really were."

HTownAg98
    You got any proof that anyone at A&M is doing this in order to deceive someone? If not, STFU.
    etexorange
    " You and your cronies, namely Kirk Watson, managed to pull the wool over the eyes of City of Austin taxpayers, and convinced them to pay for your new medical school in its entirety"

Insert WRONG Trump gif.

"In May 2012, the Board of Regents allocated $25 million of annual funding to a UT Austin medical school, plus another $40 million spread over eight years for faculty recruiting. In November 2012, Travis County voters approved a proposition to raise property tax revenue in support of health care initiatives for Central Texas, including $35 million annually for a medical school. And in 2013, the Michael and Susan Dell Foundation pledged $50 million over ten years to the school, which was named the Dell Medical School."

https://dellmed.utexas.edu/about

"In its entirety, my ass..."
    Tom Doniphon
    Quote:

Your financial books are cooked.

Satterfield, is that you?
    HTownAg98
    etexorange said:

" You and your cronies, namely Kirk Watson, managed to pull the wool over the eyes of City of Austin taxpayers, and convinced them to pay for your new medical school in its entirety"

Insert WRONG Trump gif.

"In May 2012, the Board of Regents allocated $25 million of annual funding to a UT Austin medical school, plus another $40 million spread over eight years for faculty recruiting. In November 2012, Travis County voters approved a proposition to raise property tax revenue in support of health care initiatives for Central Texas, including $35 million annually for a medical school. And in 2013, the Michael and Susan Dell Foundation pledged $50 million over ten years to the school, which was named the Dell Medical School."

https://dellmed.utexas.edu/about

"In its entirety, my ass..."

Those are operating expenses, dip*****
    etexorange
    You're late, Randy, that accusation has already been flung.
    Your Friend
    Give em a chance, etex
    etexorange
    Sigh...

"Financing for the project would come from revenue bonds issued by UT Austin, backed by funding from the UT System and the Available University Fund, which is part of the state's $19 billion endowment for UT and Texas AandM schools. The Board of Regents also has committed an additional $25 million a year for operating costs associated with the medical school."

We already owned the land, dip*****
    HTownAg98
    etexorange said:

Sigh...

"Financing for the project would come from revenue bonds issued by UT Austin, backed by funding from the UT System and the Available University Fund, which is part of the state's $19 billion endowment for UT and Texas AandM schools. The Board of Regents also has committed an additional $25 million a year for operating costs associated with the medical school."

We already owned the land, dip*****

I never said you dumbasses didn't already own the land. Oh, and that article you quoted was written BEFORE Watson got the City of Austin involved. So saying that all the funding is coming from sip money is a lie.
    Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.